2018 Flu Epidemic

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 22, 2018 11:45 AM
posted by OSH

a fever would be terrible for her at 36 weeks pregnant (she's basically ready to pop any day though).

Wow, I'm sure it's happened but I can't imagine giving birth WHILE having the flu.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 22, 2018 4:17 PM

A fever could be really bad. My wife had an emergency c-section at 38 weeks because of one. Her amniotic fluid was infected which caused the fever, though, not the flu. But either way it puts the baby under a lot of stress.

OSH Kosh B'Gosh
4,424 posts 18 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 23, 2018 10:57 AM

So far, the wifey has remained healthy. A little cough/congestion, but that's it.

Little girl had her 4th doc appointment in 9-10 days this morning. They said it was a viral URI. A few more days to kick it. She was close to dehydration yesterday. Finally started kicking some of it last night and ate a decent dinner. Best morning she's had in a long time today. Poor gal.

Sucks that childcare is such a racket these days. We've been out $700+ because we still have to pay regardless of them going to daycare/preschool.

GOONx19 An exceptional poster.
7,413 posts 94 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 23, 2018 4:57 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

A fever could be really bad. My wife had an emergency c-section at 38 weeks because of one. Her amniotic fluid was infected which caused the fever, though, not the flu. But either way it puts the baby under a lot of stress.

Chorioamnionitis is probably a top 3 cause of emergent induction of labor or c-section, in addition to hypertension and premature rupture. We usually keep the babies for observation and most likely antibiotics for 48 hours following birth, as well. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 23, 2018 6:58 PM
posted by majorspark

I went to the GP to get some scripts renewed.  I bathed myself in Purell and touched as little as possible especially with the hands. I'm waiting in the checkout room with this Amish women who is coughing into a tissue lining the palm of her hand.  Its very clear by the sound of her cough she has something bad.  The receptionist slid the window open and told me to go wait in the main waiting room.  Not long after the women exits the checkout room into the main waiting room where the main exit door is.  Opens the lever handle with the tissue she was coughing into.  Yes cough side down.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Fri, Jan 26, 2018 11:54 AM
posted by kizer permanente

I came down with flu yesterday. First time in years. I forgot how much I hate it. 

Finally feeling semi normal again. That sucked.  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login