Poll: Super early 2024 Republican Presidential nominee poll

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Nov 18, 2022 11:14 AM

2024 will be more proof of the old adage that people who want this type of power are the least qualified to hold it.  Not one person from the democrat or republican side seems to contradict this. In the present age, it’s the psychopath who is most successful at establishing a cult of personality that wins.  Not one of these people gives two fucks about you, me or anyone else besides themselves and those that can directly benefit them.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 18, 2022 12:40 PM
posted by QuakerOats

regular, freedom-loving people 

No.  Just no.  Freedom loving?  Sure.  Regular?  Not at all.  
QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 18, 2022 3:07 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

2024 will be more proof of the old adage that people who want this type of power are the least qualified to hold it.  Not one person from the democrat or republican side seems to contradict this. In the present age, it’s the psychopath who is most successful at establishing a cult of personality that wins.  Not one of these people gives two fucks about you, me or anyone else besides themselves and those that can directly benefit them.

Relax; it's the weekend, grab a couple of beers. 

Fri, Nov 18, 2022 3:36 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Relax; it's the weekend, grab a couple of beers. 

I’m relaxed.  I sleep good on cold nights too.  Disappointed about the Browns game moving to Detroit and hoping Ryan Day does not play either his first or second sting tailbacks against Michigan.

Have a good weekend.  As you would say, take care.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 18, 2022 5:58 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

hoping Ryan Day does not play either his first or second sting tailbacks against Michigan.

That would just be beyond stupid
majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 18, 2022 9:14 PM
posted by gut

There's pretending to keep Trump from running, and there's actually doing it.

A "special counsel" has been appointed.  In other words a "special legal operation".  What is it with oppressive government actions and the word "special" somehow whitewashes reality.  In a "special legal operation" innocent lives get ruined and their finances are razed to the ground by the force of government power with the sole intent to achieve a goal.  I guess it's better than a "special military operation" where cities are destroyed and dead well into the 6 figure range.

Fri, Nov 18, 2022 9:55 PM
posted by superman
That would just be beyond stupid

I meant against Maryland 

ts1227 Senior Member
12,351 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 19, 2022 3:57 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass
No.  Just no.  Freedom loving?  Sure.  Regular?  Not at all.  

About as regular as me after Chipotle

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 19, 2022 4:10 PM
posted by majorspark

A "special counsel" has been appointed.  In other words a "special legal operation".  What is it with oppressive government actions and the word "special" somehow whitewashes reality.

I don't see a need for a special counsel with the documents.  But by doing so, you can include Jan. 6th which, IMO, wouldn't otherwise meet the threshold for a special counsel on its own.  The false electors and what happened in GA, probably.  But it's not quite the same headline if you don't chum the waters referencing the Jan. 6 "insurrection".

But you know how slow these special counsels move, and that's probably the point.  This will run through the 2024 election and enable more manufactured bullshit to be masked as "anonymous sources/leaks".

I honestly doubt he'd be charged on the documents if he wasn't running again.  Not that he shouldn't, but I don't think they would have gone there.  And Garland seemed to indicate the Jan. 6th investigation was necessary after Trump and Biden both signaled their intention to run.  And that doesn't make any sense to me.

This also proves what I said months ago that the overly broad and massive search for documents they already knew about was an excuse to go fishing.  I wonder now seeing the Jan. 6 charge if that logic finally makes sense to Moderate Ptown.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 20, 2022 9:57 PM
posted by gut

I don't see a need for a special counsel with the documents. 

No one will ever stir the pot again.  Don't even sniff at it.  There is your need.
QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 21, 2022 2:16 PM

So another special operation vs Trump, but no special operation against the Big Guy & Family for influence peddling, graft, conspiracy, money-laundering, tax evasion etc...etc.....       What a country

Whatever one thinks of McConnell, at least he kept the totally corrupt Merrick Garland off the Supreme Court. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 1, 2022 2:24 PM

Don't worry guys! We have Kanye on the job to siphon off some of the crazy vote from Trump!

Everything I've heard about the Kanye-Trump dinner seems like it was a hilarious event. From Kanye showing up with his pet Hitler Youth buddy that he probably bonded with due to similar feelings about the Jews to Trump flipping out because they were there to ask him if he wanted to be Kanye's VP.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 1, 2022 3:06 PM
posted by Heretic

Don't worry guys! We have Kanye on the job to siphon off some of the crazy vote from Trump!

Everything I've heard about the Kanye-Trump dinner seems like it was a hilarious event. From Kanye showing up with his pet Hitler Youth buddy that he probably bonded with due to similar feelings about the Jews to Trump flipping out because they were there to ask him if he wanted to be Kanye's VP.

Lol saw this on Twitter today, Kanye losing it. Trump is a dumbass.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 1, 2022 3:40 PM

posted by iclfan2

Lol saw this on Twitter today, Kanye losing it. Trump is a dumbass.

Lol, yeah; going on Infowars to tell Alex Jones how Hitler was actually sorta kinda cool is definitely a decision. Probably not a good one for any number of reasons, but it is a decision!

Fri, Dec 2, 2022 7:21 AM

Pause a second to take in that the former President of the United States HOSTED this guy for dinner a few nights ago.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login