Progressives, part 3...

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 9, 2023 1:33 PM

I was reading an article on using the 14th amendment to keep Trump off state ballots.

It was amazing how many people believe Trump participated in an actual insurrection.  And people were saying the text doesn't require conviction, or apparently proof [because it was intended for banning Confederates].  So I guess, in a way, Trump really IS a threat to our democracy, indirectly.

Meanwhile, the Democratic media has gone from promoting the false narrative of "Russian disinformation" on the laptop, to Hunter had problems with addiction, to finally acknowledging he's a criminal.  But all those calls and dinners with the Big Guy had absolutely nothing to do with Hunter's shakedown racket.  So I guess Hunter is also a weatherman - wonder how many millions he got paid for that?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 11:55 AM
posted by iclfan2

Governor of NM thinks she can suspend the constitution when she feels like it.

https://x.com/govmlg/status/1700304261383405883?s=46&t=6w2XbPMrNrOkLnwSSn4TOQ

Well, Trump's a dictator

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 11:56 AM

https://patriotnewsnetwork.com/breaking-california-democrats-pass-horrifying-new-bill/

"....parents could be charged with child abuse, a criminal penalty, if they object to their child’s “preferred pronouns.”

Essentially, the move will make it a crime for a parent to “misgender” their own kids.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 3:06 PM

Starting to sweat a bit - 3 words left after my second guess and I used them all

Wordle 814 5/6*

⬛⬛🟨🟩🟨
🟨🟨⬛🟩🟩
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 4:40 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://patriotnewsnetwork.com/breaking-california-democrats-pass-horrifying-new-bill/

"....parents could be charged with child abuse, a criminal penalty, if they object to their child’s “preferred pronouns.”

Essentially, the move will make it a crime for a parent to “misgender” their own kids.

Don’t call them groomers though. Virginia Dems big mad that Younkin pardoned a guy who was standing up for his daughter who was sexually assaulted by a tranny and then covered up by the school board. 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 110 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 5:06 PM
posted by gut

Starting to sweat a bit - 3 words left after my second guess and I used them all

Wordle 814 5/6*

⬛⬛🟨🟩🟨
🟨🟨⬛🟩🟩
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LOL!

gut Senior Member
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 7:53 PM

Did anyone see clips of Biden today talking about going to bed?  Mumbling rambling incoherence.  If he wasn't POTUS, it'd probably go in the WTF? thread.

Starting to look like he's maxed out the meds and there's no masking his cognitive decline any more.

Mon, Sep 11, 2023 7:55 PM
posted by gut

Did anyone see clips of Biden today talking about going to bed?  Mumbling rambling incoherence.  If he wasn't POTUS, it'd probably go in the WTF? thread.

Starting to look like he's maxed out the meds and there's no masking his cognitive decline any more.

A couple days ago he was talking incoherently and they just turned the music off and announced the press conference over. I’m also old enough to remember when everyone was complaining about how much vacation a president took.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Sep 12, 2023 10:36 AM

The family and his handlers should be arrested for elder abuse, but as long as they can use him to keep the radical leftist agenda going and the foreign payments coming they will. 

gut Senior Member
Tue, Sep 12, 2023 12:14 PM
posted by iclfan2

A couple days ago he was talking incoherently and they just turned the music off and announced the press conference over. I’m also old enough to remember when everyone was complaining about how much vacation a president took.

He's gotten noticeably worse the past few months, and I don't think he's really even ramped-up campaigning.

No way they can put him out on anything close to a normal campaign schedule.  And Kamala can't carry the weight.  I'll be shocked if they don't dump her for Gavin Newsome.  Will be interesting to see how they pull that off with the woke left, even if they don't even like her.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Sep 14, 2023 8:11 PM

No way he’s up for a campaign schedule.  Imagine him in a debate.

Fri, Sep 22, 2023 10:23 AM

They’re all corrupt… sucks to get caught! 

https://x.com/citizenfreepres/status/1705219549082075440?s=46&t=6w2XbPMrNrOkLnwSSn4TOQ

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Sep 22, 2023 12:22 PM
posted by iclfan2

They’re all corrupt… sucks to get caught! 

https://x.com/citizenfreepres/status/1705219549082075440?s=46&t=6w2XbPMrNrOkLnwSSn4TOQ

You guys always claim Dems aren't subject to laws.  So why'd this guy get charged?

gut Senior Member
Fri, Sep 22, 2023 12:30 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

You guys always claim Dems aren't subject to laws.  So why'd this guy get charged?

Had to be extraordinarily brazen and/or stupid.  I can't recall a single other federal congressperson getting indicted recently.  I'm sure it's happened, but I'm not aware of another case at least in the last 30 years

Like, I don't think Dementia Joe and his crackhead son were smart or careful, but clearly meeting the burden of proof has been very difficult there.

None of that really aligns with all the indictments at the state and local level.  I think once the DC swamp rats "admit you to the club", they teach you how to graft and avoid scrutiny, much less legal liability.  The Clintons were masters at going right up to the line and not crossing it (and complete opposite of the Bidens as far as intelligence and cleverness).

Fri, Sep 22, 2023 1:25 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

He must have pissed someone off. And I think it’s pretty obvious there are two justice systems. You got Jan 6er a getting 17 years, some old women getting 15 for standing in front of an abortion clinic, and then murders getting 5 years (guy that ran over a kid drunk said he thought he was alt right).

In other funny news, the guy who got his bicep blown off in Kenosha got hit by a car in a cross walk the other day. 

gut Senior Member
Fri, Sep 22, 2023 2:12 PM
posted by iclfan2

In other funny news, the guy who got his bicep blown off in Kenosha got hit by a car in a cross walk the other day. 

Which reminds me - we're still seeing a wrongful death by cop every month or two, but we're not seeing the usual BLM riots.  There have been protests, sure, but tended to be more local and short-lived.  And the two recent deaths in the news were beyond brutal - 6+ officers literally beating the guy to death.

Makes one wonder how much the usual suspects have toned things down because there's a Democrat in the WH.  And/or because even Dem voters have taken notice of the uptick in violent crime.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Sep 22, 2023 2:52 PM
posted by gut

Had to be extraordinarily brazen and/or stupid.  I can't recall a single other federal congressperson getting indicted recently.  I'm sure it's happened, but I'm not aware of another case at least in the last 30 years

Like, I don't think Dementia Joe and his crackhead son were smart or careful, but clearly meeting the burden of proof has been very difficult there.

None of that really aligns with all the indictments at the state and local level.  I think once the DC swamp rats "admit you to the club", they teach you how to graft and avoid scrutiny, much less legal liability.  The Clintons were masters at going right up to the line and not crossing it (and complete opposite of the Bidens as far as intelligence and cleverness).

Plus Menendez is expendable; the democrat NJ governor will appoint another democrat, so US senate makeup does not change.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Sep 25, 2023 4:34 PM

Again, not sure why anyone would be surprised as we've often talked how most congress persons probably score highly on the sociopath scale.

But this Menendez guy is something else.  Sat there and told the media he keeps $500k in the house for "emergencies".  Not sure how he explained the gold bars.

Also heard a new defense today that I'd assume must also apply to the Bidens - tipping people on non-classified info might not be a crime.  And I'm going to assume that "pretending" to sell influence also might not be a crime.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Sep 26, 2023 10:11 AM

He hired Hunter's bribery attorney as well.  Tidy.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Sep 28, 2023 1:36 PM

So Dems continue to pretend this is an impeachment hearing and not an inquiry. Yes, there's no evidence for an impeachment [highly debatable] - but that's the point of having an inquiry when your investigation is stonewalled.

And they also continue to introduce evidence and anecdotes related...to Donald Trump.  I'm guessing because trying to defend and equivocate on Weatherman Hunter or Quid Pro Joe sounds bad even to them.

At least keep your gaslighting focused on the subject at hand...

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login