Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 12, 2023 2:29 PM
posted by gut

Yes, there are bigger problems in the world.  But we would all welcome larger restrooms in airplanes.

It might cost something like 2-4% of seating capacity.  Works for me.

Although I wonder what handicap people think.  If you can't access the existing set-up, my guess is the effort even if the bathrooms were accessible isn't worth it when there are other, errr, alternatives of varying degrees.

No one cares about bigger bathrooms, and certainly don’t want to pay for it. Definitely not something a Vice President should be working on. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 12, 2023 3:23 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kamala-harris-ridiculed-nonsense-comments-transportation-roundtable-cant-serious

She has one gem after another ....

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 12, 2023 5:51 PM
posted by justincredible

NIMBYs, man.

How about this guy? Overweight white guy in the jersey of a guy that doesn't even play for that team anymore verbally abusing a black guy in a MAGA hat, which eventually escalated into him hitting it off the guy's head. I couldn't tell what the guy that came in towards the end was saying so I'm not sure if he's an idiot or not. There's no chance I'm letting this guy rave unchecked like this if I'm in the store.

That black guy should have just roundhoused him and he would have been entirely justified in doing so. It's no different than tearing off his shirt or knocking glasses off of somebody's face. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 13, 2023 10:36 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

That black guy should have just roundhoused him and he would have been entirely justified in doing so. It's no different than tearing off his shirt or knocking glasses off of somebody's face. 

I definitely would have thrown a punch if he took my hat off and threw it on the ground, assault for assault.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Jul 13, 2023 11:23 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

TDS is very real.

Thu, Jul 13, 2023 6:45 PM

Well, I guess Maybelline doesn't want BudLight to be lonely. I dunno.

*Edit to add*

I don't care about this. As far as I know this is much different than Dylan Mulvaney, because this guy (Ryan Vita) isn't pushing kids in front of him.

Tue, Jul 18, 2023 9:19 PM

Everybody on the right is praising Sound of Freedom.

Everybody on the left is denigrating it.

Why the fuck?

Tue, Jul 18, 2023 9:37 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Why the fuck?

Downplaying human trafficking to own the cons!

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 19, 2023 8:18 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Why the fuck?

Watched it the other night. It didn’t have any of the “drinking children’s blood” QAnon conspiracy stuff that it is getting attached to.

It is based on a true story (the real Tim Ballard has come out and said it is rather close, it made him out to be more of a hero and brave than he was in real life and that his wife was the one that had to convince him to keep pushing on), it covers the real problem of child sex trafficking  

Wed, Jul 19, 2023 5:56 PM
posted by jmog

Watched it the other night. It didn’t have any of the “drinking children’s blood” QAnon conspiracy stuff that it is getting attached to.

It is based on a true story (the real Tim Ballard has come out and said it is rather close, it made him out to be more of a hero and brave than he was in real life and that his wife was the one that had to convince him to keep pushing on), it covers the real problem of child sex trafficking  

I'm not a big movie-goer and most likely I'll never watch this movie so what you say is my very basic and general understanding of it. I just don't understand what is so grasping about it that is sending the right into exaltations and the left into seizures. For example, I never watched, but I understood, what it was about the movie "Cuties" that sent both sides into respective manias. 
So, if this new movie crossed a line somewhere, I'd be better able to understand the snafu. I just don't get it. Perhaps these politicos are just bored.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 19, 2023 6:00 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I just don't understand what is so grasping about it that is sending the right into exaltations and the left into seizures.

Good question.  My guess is the Left is condemning the movie because they don't want people to watch and start thinking the Right actually cares about women and children.
Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 19, 2023 6:28 PM

posted by CenterBHSFan

I'm not a big movie-goer and most likely I'll never watch this movie so what you say is my very basic and general understanding of it. I just don't understand what is so grasping about it that is sending the right into exaltations and the left into seizures. For example, I never watched, but I understood, what it was about the movie "Cuties" that sent both sides into respective manias. 
So, if this new movie crossed a line somewhere, I'd be better able to understand the snafu. I just don't get it. Perhaps these politicos are just bored.

I wouldn't be able to be any help on this. I only watch stuff to be entertained, so if it's a movie for me, it better be horror or crime/mafia stuff, with a bit of action like Bond also thrown into the mix. As for whatever this is, zero interest.
Fri, Jul 21, 2023 1:55 PM

Nice try, Zuck

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jul 21, 2023 2:37 PM
posted by iclfan2

Nice try, Zuck

It's pretty crazy how tough it's been to de-throne Twitter.

I don't think any of the technology is that crazy or out-of-reach for a lot of companies, but building that customer base....I guess the differentiator is how many eyeballs your tweets are reaching, but you don't really think of Twitter having scale like an Amazon that serves as a barrier to entry.

Almost unpredictable.  You take 10 basically identical products/services, and somehow everyone flocks to one and then the others wilt and die.

Tue, Jul 25, 2023 10:29 AM

Just in! Summers are hot

gut Senior Member
Tue, Jul 25, 2023 11:58 AM
posted by iclfan2

Just in! Summers are hot

I think "Party of Science" is actually code for "Party of Gas Lighting".

I've noticed that actual empirical data isn't cooperating with the "existential" crises.  In fact, on the whole you'd have to say the warming thus far has been net positive.  But, again, empirical data isn't pointing to an uptick in heat waves, or any of the other "extreme" weather events they blame on fossil fuels.

Typically the media isn't citing actual empirical, observational data, but prediction from models (which have not demonstrated any power in prediction, and shouldn't be expected to because they aren't validated....and aren't validated because garbage can't clear that hurdle).

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Jul 25, 2023 2:10 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Why the fuck?

response media coordinated attack on to something

They are sick, sick mofo's

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 26, 2023 10:18 AM
posted by gut

I think "Party of Science" is actually code for "Party of Gas Lighting".

I've noticed that actual empirical data isn't cooperating with the "existential" crises.  In fact, on the whole you'd have to say the warming thus far has been net positive.  But, again, empirical data isn't pointing to an uptick in heat waves, or any of the other "extreme" weather events they blame on fossil fuels.

Typically the media isn't citing actual empirical, observational data, but prediction from models (which have not demonstrated any power in prediction, and shouldn't be expected to because they aren't validated....and aren't validated because garbage can't clear that hurdle).

Thoughts on 100 degree ocean temps?

gut Senior Member
Wed, Jul 26, 2023 10:33 AM
posted by Automatik

Thoughts on 100 degree ocean temps?

Yeah, weather.  Climate change is long-term trends.   There's no empirical data suggesting it's making weather more extreme.  I've seen a bunch of weather and other factors cited for driving this spike in ocean temperatures.

You also have to remember we only have maybe 60 years of good temperature data.  When you look around the globe, there will be many daily record highs and lows.  But, in fact, the empirical data suggests most of the warming has occurred in the upper 2/3 of the northern hemisphere, primarily at night and winter (i.e. the rising average temperature has much more to do with higher lows than higher highs).

Wed, Jul 26, 2023 10:39 AM

The “ocean” also isn’t 100 degrees. Some random buoy in brackish 5 foot waters was 100 degrees. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login