Progressives, part 3...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Feb 10, 2023 7:01 AM
posted by majorspark

Almost as obsessed as you are with Quakers posts.  If they're that bad, don't respond to them.

It’s a message board with about 10 members.  That’s what we’re supposed to do here

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 10, 2023 7:09 PM
posted by jmog

My own chart proves my assertion.

And you are telling people they are voting wrong even though their stated goal, slowed/reduced government growth, is achieved by the way they vote.

Seems rather like the Dunning-Kruger effect. You know how I should vote better than I do….

You are really focusing on that chart that contradicts your own point with spending in 2020. 

I'm not telling people, I'm telling you based on your own philosophy, you are doing the absolute least and minimum possible. 

Again, all talk, and no action.

Your philosophy it seems is, well, I can't do anything, so even if the federal government grows a little bit, and it goes against my own views, that's fine. You are not willing to actually do the work. 

Sat, Feb 11, 2023 6:38 AM
posted by gut

Easily the worst big city I've even been in.

Then stay away from Detroit, Birmingham, New Orleans, Houston, St. Louis, Philly and several others.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 11, 2023 7:57 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

You are really focusing on that chart that contradicts your own point with spending in 2020. 

I'm not telling people, I'm telling you based on your own philosophy, you are doing the absolute least and minimum possible. 

Again, all talk, and no action.

Your philosophy it seems is, well, I can't do anything, so even if the federal government grows a little bit, and it goes against my own views, that's fine. You are not willing to actually do the work. 

1 year because of COVID doesn’t change the factual history trend. You know that but won’t admit it.

Tell me who I should vote for oh righteous one inside of our 2 party system, that would reduce the size of the federal government.

Your only other option is for me, in your view, is to completely overhaul the system by myself.

You can’t be serious.

jmog Senior Member
Sat, Feb 11, 2023 8:03 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Then stay away from Detroit, Birmingham, New Orleans, Houston, St. Louis, Philly and several others.

Detroit maybe the only one on that list that is worse than SF. Although, StL and Philly are close in certain areas.

Sat, Feb 11, 2023 12:21 PM
posted by jmog

Detroit maybe the only one on that list that is worse than SF. Although, StL and Philly are close in certain areas.

I’ve walked all around SF.  I would never walk the same distances in the others.  Not saying SF is perfect - far from it.  But it is also far from the urban wasteland it’s been portrayed as the last 4-6 years.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Feb 12, 2023 9:59 AM

I’ve walked all around SF.  I would never walk the same distances in the others.  Not saying SF is perfect - far from it.  But it is also far from the urban wasteland it’s been portrayed as the last 4-6 years.

Depends on what you consider a “wasteland”.

If violent crime is your definition then yes, most of those cities you listed are far worse.

I think the poster above was talking more about the homeless population, tent cities, drug needles and human feces around many places, etc. In that regard SF is worse

Sun, Feb 12, 2023 11:30 AM
posted by jmog

Depends on what you consider a “wasteland”.

If violent crime is your definition then yes, most of those cities you listed are far worse.

I think the poster above was talking more about the homeless population, tent cities, drug needles and human feces around many places, etc. In that regard SF is worse

There are places with that - Tenderloin and Market.  But I think people have the impression the whole city is like that.  It’s not at all.  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 12, 2023 12:41 PM

There are places with that - Tenderloin and Market.  But I think people have the impression the whole city is like that.  It’s not at all.  

Correct.  It's just the entire downtown area that's like that.  You know, where most tourists might go.

I worked in downtown Detroit for several years.  And despite the crime, it didn't smell nor were the homeless/druggies super aggressive.

I've been to plenty of "liberal" cities that were great. SF is a shithole.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 18, 2023 2:41 PM

Libs: I can’t believe the right is banning books! (Actually just removing age inappropriate books).

Also libs: rewriting Roald Dahl for their feelz

gut Senior Member
Sun, Feb 19, 2023 11:46 AM

If there was ever a type to take a government job and then immediately go on disability, it's Fetterman.

Also, LOL at the people taking the bait on Desantis emptying libraries.  To make fun of the stuff QO falls for, and then get similarly hoodwinked by the leftwing spin machine...

Sat, Mar 4, 2023 3:48 PM

The Toronto Raptors had to delete a video and apologize for saying women give birth and procreate. 

And Hersheys had a man as a spokesperson for international womens day.

Good work libs. Trust the science. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 6, 2023 4:07 PM

We are definitely in the twilight zone.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Mar 7, 2023 7:51 AM

I feel like I've read this tweet or one similar every other day for the last couple years and nothing ever happens lol yet every single one has thousand of people liking and retweeting EVERYTIME.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Mar 7, 2023 10:31 AM
posted by kizer permanente

I feel like I've read this tweet or one similar every other day for the last couple years and nothing ever happens lol yet every single one has thousand of people liking and retweeting EVERYTIME.

Walls are closing in 

LOL 

gut Senior Member
Tue, Mar 7, 2023 11:29 AM
posted by kizer permanente

LOL.  I do expect him to get indicted this time, though. And considering we already had that idiot grand jury foreman running her mouth, it seems like a safe bet.

But that's GA.  I'm not sure he'll get indicted for Jan. 6th, and there's going to be a WHOLE HECK OF A LOT of butthurt if he isn't - we even got a classic show trial and kangaroo court.

Wed, Mar 8, 2023 6:23 PM

Lol 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Mar 8, 2023 7:51 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol

I laughed.

And while that guy is an ass, I also don't agree that partisan political statements should blanket public squares.

Stop telling me who is and who isn't allowed to be offended, and especially if I don't support you - not merely disagree, but don't SUPPORT - that I'm "normalizing bad behavior".  No, "silence" is not "violence" - let me punch you in the face and see what hurts more.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Mar 10, 2023 8:16 AM

Libs (especially Colbert) and the RINO's looking like a bunch of dolts, surprise, surprise, with the January 6th footage being shown by Tucker Carlson.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Mar 10, 2023 11:24 AM

The 1/6 committee was always a clown show; now it is definitely a fraudulent clown show.  Can you imagine referring a case to the justice department after you deliberately withheld exculpatory evidence.  These fraudsters should be indicted themselves. 

PS - the video of all the cops showing 'Q Shamon' around the Capitol is literally comical.  Musk had a hilarious take on it. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login