Progressives, part 3...

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 5:06 PM
posted by like_that

Moderate Ptown: Words spoken directly from somebody on video do not mean anything.

Also Moderate Ptown: Guise Trump totally called dead American war veterans "losers."  We must believe the anonymous sources, because the journalist, who reported it is credible (because I like him).

Right, because those are the totally same thing. 

Thu, Feb 2, 2023 5:19 PM
posted by jmog

At least Geeblock is forthright and honest that he is a leftist. Ptown still tries to say he is a moderate.

Right, cause if I do not adhere to the conservative and libertarian line of thinking, I am a liberal. 

Does not even enter your mind that there is a different concept of thinking. Only on here am I considered a liberal. Really funny. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 5:22 PM
posted by jmog

Where did I say anything about the book thing in FL? I honestly don’t even know enough about the situation to comment on it let alone have said anything on this forum about it.

You confused again? 

Libertarians want governments passing laws about the curriculum of local school districts?  Or ANY more laws? A libertarian would want the government to stay out of local school districts and oppose unnecessary new laws unless a dire need was proven 

geeblock Member
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 5:25 PM
posted by geeblock

Libertarians want govt passing more laws about books and school classes instead of letting local districts make their own policies? 

I also said school classes (curriculum ) , you pretended to ignore that and focus on the word books as if that changes the point about what a libertarian would want. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 5:31 PM
posted by Heretic

To me, the funniest thing about seeing dumbasses on social media bitching about "woke" Pink Floyd was how they seemed to think this design was a brand new thing made solely to be woke. Good job at being completely ignorant about the band until you decided it was faux-outrage time, guys!

Prisms, how do they work?

Woke Xbox is another one I saw floating around on Twitter Hell. It's so ridiculous I won't even comment further.

Thu, Feb 2, 2023 5:35 PM
posted by kizer permanente

This whole thread is insufferable lol 

It is funny to see how posters complain about some random videos they find online. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 5:43 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Only on here am I considered a liberal. Really funny. 

What are you considered in your group of apparently super left wing friends?
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 5:49 PM
posted by jmog

Matter of fact I will be 100% transparent.

I have said many times I am a libertarian.

Being a libertarian I want the federal government to be really small,  only have the functions actually prescribed in the Constitution.

Since that will never go backwards, I vote for the federal government to basically stalemate because both sides tend to grow it when they are in power. Of both POTUS and Congress just in different areas.

So, I AWAYS vote opposite parties for POTUS and Congress and I ALWAYS vote opposite party of POTUS for Congress during midterms.

So, when I vote R for POTUS, I vote down party lines D for Congress and vice versa.

Gridlock in DC is the best solution to slow down the growth of the Federal government.

So yeah, that’s real close to MTG….

I understand your philosophy, I just think it does not make sense in governing in today's world. 

Government needs to function for society. In order for it to function, you need to have policies and laws in place from both sides of the aisle.

You take part of ideas from the conservative side and liberal to address a problem. Infrastructure, drug policy, and in the past, social security reform and healthcare. 

Also, if you are just voting opposing party regardless of candidate, that is very shortsighted as you may be eliminating actually good candidates and lawmakers. 

Calling for gridlock does nothing but continue the outrage cycle. 

Thu, Feb 2, 2023 5:52 PM
posted by iclfan2
What are you considered in your group of apparently super left wing friends?

The Republican lol

I'm the one that supported Larry Hogan twice and supported Republican candidates in liberal Montgomery County MD and in Frederick County MD. 

Here in Ohio, I've voted a mixed bag, both D and R based on the candidate. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 7:28 PM

Right, because those are the totally same thing. 

The fact that you don’t see the hypocrisy rather proves your bias.

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 7:30 PM
posted by geeblock

Libertarians want governments passing laws about the curriculum of local school districts?  Or ANY more laws? A libertarian would want the government to stay out of local school districts and oppose unnecessary new laws unless a dire need was proven 

Libertarians oppose unnecessary FEDERAL laws and power seizures. 

They do not hold the same beljefs for state and local.

Hope that helps.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 7:38 PM

“Why don’t you let liberal leaning education majors (possibly easiest major) make the policies”…. Hmm pretty simple answer. Also, making sure books are age appropriate isn’t banning. 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 7:39 PM

I understand your philosophy, I just think it does not make sense in governing in today's world. 

Government needs to function for society. In order for it to function, you need to have policies and laws in place from both sides of the aisle.

You take part of ideas from the conservative side and liberal to address a problem. Infrastructure, drug policy, and in the past, social security reform and healthcare. 

Also, if you are just voting opposing party regardless of candidate, that is very shortsighted as you may be eliminating actually good candidates and lawmakers. 

Calling for gridlock does nothing but continue the outrage cycle. 

Your philosophy worked 20 years ago or more when both sides would work together and cross party lines.

Think Clinton and Newt Gingrich for example. For the last 12-16 years both sides are complete morons and refuse to work together. 

Given that dynamic shift stalemate is better than either side being in complete power.

And if the 2 sides ever get their head out of their asses, splitting power absolutely makes sense still so they are forced to compromise and work together for ideas from both sides just like you said.

With how far both sides have gone away from center (admittedly the Ds have moved way further) I just don’t see them actually compromising and working together anytime soon. 

So gridlock is better than full power owned by either side.

And I do “compromise” in my hardline voting philosophy if there is an obvious bad candidate.

For instance, if MTG was in my area or the guy from PA who had a stroke and obvious brain damage, I wouldn’t have voted for them no matter who was in power in the WH (that moron woman from Alaska too, Palin, would have never voted for her, voted for Obama there so she wasn’t 1 heart beat away from POTUS).

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 8:21 PM
posted by geeblock

I also said school classes (curriculum ) , you pretended to ignore that and focus on the word books as if that changes the point about what a libertarian would want. 

Real libertarians wants to do away with public education.  Hoyw that helps. 

geeblock Member
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 10:43 PM
Automatik Senior Member
Fri, Feb 3, 2023 12:43 AM

Focus this energy on strengthening the bonds with the people you value being around. End of. 

In short: live your life your fucking dorks. 

Thank me later. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Feb 3, 2023 8:57 AM
posted by Automatik

Focus this energy on strengthening the bonds with the people you value being around. End of. 

In short: live your life your fucking dorks. 

Thank me later. 

How many drinks?

Automatik Senior Member
Fri, Feb 3, 2023 9:09 AM

After 6pm today. I plan on having many. 

Sun, Feb 5, 2023 5:13 PM
posted by jmog

Your philosophy worked 20 years ago or more when both sides would work together and cross party lines.

Think Clinton and Newt Gingrich for example. For the last 12-16 years both sides are complete morons and refuse to work together. 

Given that dynamic shift stalemate is better than either side being in complete power.

And if the 2 sides ever get their head out of their asses, splitting power absolutely makes sense still so they are forced to compromise and work together for ideas from both sides just like you said.

With how far both sides have gone away from center (admittedly the Ds have moved way further) I just don’t see them actually compromising and working together anytime soon. 

So gridlock is better than full power owned by either side.

And I do “compromise” in my hardline voting philosophy if there is an obvious bad candidate.

For instance, if MTG was in my area or the guy from PA who had a stroke and obvious brain damage, I wouldn’t have voted for them no matter who was in power in the WH (that moron woman from Alaska too, Palin, would have never voted for her, voted for Obama there so she wasn’t 1 heart beat away from POTUS).

That still does not make sense because gridlock just continues the large government programs you apparently disagree with. 

Budgets just continue as is as they are just CRs. Spending increases. Social security and other mandatory spending continue. 

Also, issues like immigration just continue to be broken and not fixed.

Instead of offering solutions, seems like you are just good with the status quo of more spending and moving from crisis to crisis, which is what gridlock is. 

Good to see you do compromise on voting and not just go opposite party the whole time. You do seem to use rational thought, just wish it would apply to more than just supporting more gridlock. 

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Feb 5, 2023 5:24 PM

That still does not make sense because gridlock just continues the large government programs you apparently disagree with. 

Budgets just continue as is as they are just CRs. Spending increases. Social security and other mandatory spending continue. 

Also, issues like immigration just continue to be broken and not fixed.

Instead of offering solutions, seems like you are just good with the status quo of more spending and moving from crisis to crisis, which is what gridlock is. 

Good to see you do compromise on voting and not just go opposite party the whole time. You do seem to use rational thought, just wish it would apply to more than just supporting more gridlock. 

No, neither side is really going to shrink the government ever, even through the Rs say they will, they won’t  either. Ds are full on board with federal expansion.

So if both side would make it bigger if in power why wouldn’t a “status quo” and no/slower growth be better? Let them fight over stupid shit like morons and never pass anything which means the status quo doesn’t change and the federal government doesn’t grow as fast as if either party were in power.

And it is perfectly rational when you know both sides will grow the government, and they won’t work together anymore, to vote for gridlock so they won’t grow the government.

And if they magically start working cross party lines again like 20 years ago then it’s a win win.

The last time we had a balance budget was when the power was split. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login