Progressives, part 3...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Feb 13, 2020 9:33 AM
posted by jmog

I liken Trump saying KC was in Kansas to when Obama said he had visited 57 states. Gaffs that are funny, and stupid, but not really indicative that the person has no idea on policy, economics, etc that are important to running the country.

AOC is not even comparable, the stupid shit she says about economics, foreign policy, etc are mind numbingly stupid. Even those on the left can't disagree with this assessment.

I won't disagree with you there.  But since it was a blind Trump supporter pointing out her gaff, I was just curious as to whether his same standard holds true for his guy.  We already know the answer to the question, so I guess it's meaningless.  When Trump said he could stand in the middle of fifth avenue and shoot a gun and people would still vote for him, he was making perhaps the most insightful comment about his blind followers - several of whom are members of my immediate family.  

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 13, 2020 9:39 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I won't disagree with you there.  But since it was a blind Trump supporter pointing out her gaff, I was just curious as to whether his same standard holds true for his guy.  We already know the answer to the question, so I guess it's meaningless.  When Trump said he could stand in the middle of fifth avenue and shoot a gun and people would still vote for him, he was making perhaps the most insightful comment about his blind followers - several of whom are members of my immediate family.  

That is true on both sides however. 

75% of Obama voters would still vote for him if he had done the same thing. The difference is that Trump is dumb enough (or has the balls to) actually say it out loud. 

Thu, Feb 13, 2020 10:29 AM
posted by jmog

That is true on both sides however. 

75% of Obama voters would still vote for him if he had done the same thing. The difference is that Trump is dumb enough (or has the balls to) actually say it out loud. 

Blind supporters do exist on both sides for sure.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 13, 2020 10:34 AM

Not at all blind.

Take care.

Thu, Feb 13, 2020 10:46 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Not at all blind.

Take care.

NEWSCASTER: Warmer weather on the way.

QO: Great job Trump.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 13, 2020 11:36 AM

NEWSCASTER: Warmer weather on the way.

QO: Great job Trump.

It's this administration's version of "Thanks, Obama."

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 15, 2020 7:29 PM

Maybe it’s just me, but what kind of dumbass uses their hard earned money to donate to a failed presidential campaign? No offense, but I’m never spending my own money to go towards any of these fucks. 

Fri, Feb 21, 2020 6:49 PM

Soo Russia is actually helping Bernie? And there are still losers on twitter who believe Trump colluded with Russia. People are dumb

Fri, Feb 21, 2020 7:44 PM
posted by iclfan2

Soo Russia is actually helping Bernie? And there are still losers on twitter who believe Trump colluded with Russia. People are dumb

If the Russians thought he was the weakest candidate and easiest one for Trump to beats, wouldn't it make sense?

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 2:41 AM

If the Russians thought he was the weakest candidate and easiest one for Trump to beats, wouldn't it make sense?

Not that you're wrong, but that sounds a bit ...

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 9:06 AM
posted by iclfan2

Dems at it again........setting up Bernie like they did Trump

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 9:09 AM

No? Russia has no reason to want Trump as President. They are solely out to cause disruption in the US, and the Dems were stupid enough to fall for it. 
Btw, Bernie is the one who votes against their sanctions and honeymooned there like a freak. 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 10:39 AM

I'm confused.  So the DOJ saw evidence of Russia helping a campaign and simply alerted the campaign?  I thought the proper procedure was to wiretap campaign headquarters, spy on cosign officials, and then use top secret government courts to cover it all up?  

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 10:57 AM

Hard to believe less than a decade ago Obama mocked Romney on the debate stage for saying Russia was our greatest geopolitical foe, Hillary was running around with her gay Russian reset button, and Obama wanted Putin to know he would have more flexibility after the elections.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 11:01 AM
posted by O-Trap

Not that you're wrong, but that sounds a bit ...

Yeah, it may sound like a conspiracy theory...

But in this case, as mentioned, Russia mainly just wants to cause chaos.  They get the Dems in a panic over a Bernie nomination, and they screw Bernie even harder....which makes Bernie Bros stay home and Trump wins.  Or Bernie gets it and then gets crushed by Trump.  Or Bernie actually becomes POTUS, which I'm sure would make Russia very sad. 

In any scenario, Putin wins.  And it's really the Democrat's and their media that are making this work.  They just can't let Russia collusion go.  Worse, it seems they are so afraid of a Trump re-election that they are already going back to the well to set-up resistance and impeachment.  All Putin has to do is create the idea/possibility, and the DEMOCRATS do all the interfering in our political process.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 11:09 AM

LOL....MSNBC bedwetting over how Trump has bought out the Youtube homepage on election day, and using Facebook to send "unsolicited" text messages to voters.  In other words, sounds a lot like a tech-savvy re-election campaign not all that different from what Obama did.  Of course, MSNBC has characterized this as "bad guys being ahead of the good guys and law enforcement".

I don't want to make foolish prognostications, but it sure seems like the media is suddenly shifting to a focus on de-legitimizing Trump's re-election.  It's not that surprising after the last few weeks have seen Biden fade, Bloomber flop, and Bernie rising.

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 11:41 AM
posted by iclfan2

No? Russia has no reason to want Trump as President. They are solely out to cause disruption in the US, and the Dems were stupid enough to fall for it. 
Btw, Bernie is the one who votes against their sanctions and honeymooned there like a freak. 

Russia would love it if either Bernie or Trump win. Bernie's crazy crap will weaken the US as a for and Trump's already proven to be a Putin lapdog. They win either way. 

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 11:45 AM
posted by gut

LOL....MSNBC bedwetting over how Trump has bought out the Youtube homepage on election day, and using Facebook to send "unsolicited" text messages to voters.  In other words, sounds a lot like a tech-savvy re-election campaign not all that different from what Obama did.  Of course, MSNBC has characterized this as "bad guys being ahead of the good guys and law enforcement".

I don't want to make foolish prognostications, but it sure seems like the media is suddenly shifting to a focus on de-legitimizing Trump's re-election.  It's not that surprising after the last few weeks have seen Biden fade, Bloomber flop, and Bernie rising.

You guys and "the big bad media". For Chrissake, every Trump supporter I know goes on and on about the media. Well if the media's in this great big conspiracy to get rid of him, it certainly doesn't seem to be anything to worry about - you guys have all solved the riddle and are into them!!!

I think the majority of CNN and MSNBC watchers are Trump followers looking to fill their outrage cup. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 11:59 AM

You guys and "the big bad media". For Chrissake, every Trump supporter I know goes on and on about the media.

LMFAO.   Trump is "a lapdog" for Russia but "the big bad media" is just some imaginary conspiracy?  You don't have to be a Trump supporter to see the leftwing media has had 0 interest in honest and objective reporting on Trump from day one.  And, no, just because I don't suffer from TDS doesn't mean I support Trump.

But I do laugh at people who willing get bukkaked with Democratic propaganda from the so-called "media".  Pretty sad to see that old joke about "sheeple" actually understated the problem.

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 12:21 PM
posted by gut

LMFAO.   Trump is "a lapdog" for Russia but "the big bad media" is just some imaginary conspiracy?  You don't have to be a Trump supporter to see the leftwing media has had 0 interest in honest and objective reporting on Trump from day one.  And, no, just because I don't suffer from TDS doesn't mean I support Trump.

But I do laugh at people who willing get bukkaked with Democratic propaganda from the so-called "media".  Pretty sad to see that old joke about "sheeple" actually understated the problem.

There is a left leaning bias in the media. But it is the right wing that consumes it en masse and talks about it incessantly. None of you seemed fooled by it, so what's the fear?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login