Progressives, part 3...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Feb 1, 2020 1:41 PM
posted by Spock

Conservative whack jobs aren't paid for by soros 

I see. I don't know what you do for a living, but it's pretty impressive how you've been able to uncover such a major conspiracy. You should be a detective. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 1, 2020 8:35 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Should conservatives feel responsible for their whack jobs as well?  

Are you pretending they aren’t blamed for it?

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Feb 2, 2020 9:52 AM
posted by iclfan2

Are you pretending they aren’t blamed for it?

That wasn't the question. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 7:35 AM

LOL at Iowa. What a fuckup and clown show.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 7:39 AM

The fix is in.

Tue, Feb 4, 2020 7:40 AM
posted by majorspark

The fix is in.

I don't think it is a fix...

A fix would involve the party actually knew what it was doing. This is a shitshow and complete incompetence. The Ds just shit the bed. The app was a failure and the backup system with the phone system crashed. 

Also, goes to show how screwed up the caucuses is anyways. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 7:48 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I don't think it is a fix...

A fix would involve the party actually knew what it was doing. This is a shitshow and complete incompetence. The Ds just shit the bed. The app was a failure and the backup system with the phone system crashed. 

Also, goes to show how screwed up the caucuses is anyways. 

They know what they're doing. Just like 4 years ago. No progressives. 

Tue, Feb 4, 2020 7:53 AM
posted by kizer permanente

They know what they're doing. Just like 4 years ago. No progressives. 

Yeah, I mean I've seen that thrown around online as this is a way to stop Bernie. But, that assumes the D party knows what they are doing. I have zero faith in that. This was a huge fuck up. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 7:57 AM

Let's put these people in charge of our health care. It'll be awesome!

Tue, Feb 4, 2020 8:07 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Let's put these people in charge of our health care. It'll be awesome!

Well. I was reminded last night that the Rs are not without fuck ups too in Iowa. In 2012, Iowa was called for Romney when in fact Santorum won. At least the Ds haven't done that. But, still, this is laughable and shows Iowa and the caucus system should not be first. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 8:14 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Well. I was reminded last night that the Rs are not without fuck ups too in Iowa. In 2012, Iowa was called for Romney when in fact Santorum won. At least the Ds haven't done that. But, still, this is laughable and shows Iowa and the caucus system should not be first. 

Just confirms that ANYTHING to do with the public sector is shit. The side in charge is of no consequence.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 8:56 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Just confirms that ANYTHING to do with the public sector is shit. The side in charge is of no consequence.

I'll never understand the desire to continuously hand power to a system that breeds incompetence. 

At this point, if you're not a borderline anarchist I question your ability to think for yourself.

Tue, Feb 4, 2020 9:10 AM
posted by justincredible

I'll never understand the desire to continuously hand power to a system that breeds incompetence. 

At this point, if you're not a borderline anarchist I question your ability to think for yourself.

But the alternative isn't any better. The greed of capitalism is just as much of a problem. So what do you do?

Tue, Feb 4, 2020 9:28 AM

But the alternative isn't any better. The greed of capitalism is just as much of a problem. So what do you do?

Truly free markets, not the bullshit cronyism that is currently called "capitalism", is infinitely better. 

What you absolutely do not do is continue to feed a beast that has, over the course of human history, proven it does not give a shit about anything but increasing its own power.

Tue, Feb 4, 2020 9:33 AM
posted by justincredible

Truly free markets, not the bullshit cronyism that is currently called "capitalism", is infinitely better. 

What you absolutely do not do is continue to feed a beast that has, over the course of human history, proven it does not give a shit about anything but increasing its own power.

I mean... that's wonderful to say.. but who, with any meaningful power to make a change, is chomping at the bit to get rid of the cronyism. That's how they've gained their power and wealth. They've already been proven to that they'll get bailed out and be rewarded with their bullshit just like in 2008.

Tue, Feb 4, 2020 9:37 AM

The point I'm trying to make is that when government fails, or screws something up royally, we reward it by giving it more power and blame capitalism. So what we're going to do is continue to grow it until it collapses, which it absolutely will, and all hell breaks loose. Electing a Bernie does not fix our problems, it exacerbates them.

Tue, Feb 4, 2020 9:44 AM

But the point you're avoiding is "lets have free markets" is truly a pipe dream and not an option. And my point is funneling money into a crony-capitalistic system that's already ruined an economy twice in our lifetime isn't a better option that letting the government figure it out. It just makes people who hate the government feel better.

Tue, Feb 4, 2020 9:48 AM

But the point you're avoiding is "lets have free markets" is truly a pipe dream and not an option. And my point is funneling money into a crony-capitalistic system that's already ruined an economy twice in our lifetime isn't a better option that letting the government figure it out. It just makes people who hate the government feel better.

Okay. Government fucked up over and over again, so we're growing the government until it collapses on itself.

Tue, Feb 4, 2020 9:50 AM
posted by justincredible

Okay. Government fucked up over and over again, so we're growing the government until it collapses on itself.

You're not getting it I guess.

All I'm saying is the alternative is just as bad...but you seem to be unwilling to admit that.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login