Progressives, part 3...

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 23, 2020 11:57 AM

I did see that. I'm generally not one to give cops the benefit of the doubt, but in that instance the cop was clearly justified. 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 23, 2020 12:35 PM
posted by justincredible

I did see that. I'm generally not one to give cops the benefit of the doubt, but in that instance the cop was clearly justified. 

Same.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 23, 2020 4:43 PM

LOL, 24 hours of the Dems basically repeating the same 30 minutes of material.  Gotta make sure anyone who tortures themselves tuning in for 15 minutes gets all the "facts".

IMO, they failed from the start making Adam Schiff the star of these proceedings after most of America knows he lied about proof of collusion for 2.5 years.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Jan 24, 2020 9:20 AM
posted by gut

LOL, 24 hours of the Dems basically repeating the same 30 minutes of material.  Gotta make sure anyone who tortures themselves tuning in for 15 minutes gets all the "facts".

IMO, they failed from the start making Adam Schiff the star of these proceedings after most of America knows he lied about proof of collusion for 2.5 years.

Having the Dem lapdogs continue to be part of all the processes automatically turn everyone off.  The congress has a 9% approval rating.  Let's let them make the case.  And people think Pelosi is smart.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 24, 2020 10:10 AM

I swear AOC might just be a libertarian troll who has infiltrated the Democratic Party to make them look more ridiculous.

https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2020/01/22/the-alexandria-ocasiocortez-school-of-economics-n2559897?fbclid=IwAR0Nsh8DXmIp1WwUrBq_cgEoGLZL5U1AjfNwI9LMlT_jMN_geArg0J-2rvI

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 24, 2020 11:30 AM
posted by gut

Bingo

The desperation is immeasurable, as is the deceit.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Jan 24, 2020 11:53 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Bingo

The desperation is immeasurable, as is the deceit.

Well, We'll all look forward to that Greg.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jan 24, 2020 1:39 PM
posted by O-Trap

I swear AOC might just be a libertarian troll who has infiltrated the Democratic Party to make them look more ridiculous.

Her economics teachers probably belong in jail for fraud and malpractice.

Although one of my MBA classmates had an economics degree from Brown....and failed micro (and failing any class in grad school is quite difficult).  I still have no idea how that's possible.

Everyone just assumes AOC is dumb.  But maybe she's simply mastered the politician's gift for lying and deception.  She never would have had a chance before social media.  But now she can connect directly with like-minded idiots, and you're talking about a loud & outspoken segment that creates a perception of a lot more popularity and power than she actually has.

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Jan 25, 2020 11:38 AM

Trumps team is just shredding Adam Schiff this morning.  They have laid out about a dozen ways he violated the constitution to get Pelosi to this point.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jan 25, 2020 2:14 PM
posted by Spock

Trumps team is just shredding Adam Schiff this morning.  They have laid out about a dozen ways he violated the constitution to get Pelosi to this point.

I didn't see any of it.  But, IMO, the "obstruction of Congress" charge should be dismissed because it's not for Congress to decide whether or not Executive Privilege applies.  That's a bad precedent to allow to stand.  I don't think Trump would win that on judicial review, but that's the process that needs to be followed.  You can't impeach POTUS over "obstruction" simply because he refuses to cooperate with what may be an unconstitutional request.

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Jan 25, 2020 3:55 PM
posted by gut

I didn't see any of it.  But, IMO, the "obstruction of Congress" charge should be dismissed because it's not for Congress to decide whether or not Executive Privilege applies.  That's a bad precedent to allow to stand.  I don't think Trump would win that on judicial review, but that's the process that needs to be followed.  You can't impeach POTUS over "obstruction" simply because he refuses to cooperate with what may be an unconstitutional request.

What "MAY" be unconstitutional?  Thats what they shredded Schiff and Pelosi on.  They impeached him and issued subpoenas with a full vote in the house (because Pelosi knew she didnt have the votes) and they went ahead anyway.  That violation makes it all invalid.  

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jan 25, 2020 7:16 PM
posted by Spock

What "MAY" be unconstitutional? 

Trump's use of executive privilege in this instance.  A court would, IMO, rule Congress hasn't requested privileged docs/testimony.  But it's not for Congress to decide, and without a court ruling the subpoenas are valid you can't impeach him for obstruction.

Abuse of power is a different animal.  It's not a crime, but I don't think removal from office is necessarily only for crimes.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Jan 27, 2020 10:50 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Well, We'll all look forward to that Greg.

Who is Greg?

Mon, Jan 27, 2020 11:27 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Who is Greg?

Greg Focker.  He gave Jack the Jerusalem Tulip.  Really he gave Jack the pot with the soil and Jack wasn't sure what the present was.  He just looked at the soil quizzicallly.  Greg said.  "The real gift is what's in the soil.  The seed of the Jerusalem Tulip.  With care and watering, it should bloom in about six months."  Jack responded, "Well, we'll all look forward to that Greg."  This is a scene from Meet the Parents.  It's a good one for people who are always promising fantastic outcomes "soon".  

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Jan 31, 2020 8:56 AM

Man it was funny to see Nadler and Schiff scamper to the podium last night when they knew it was ending.  Jerry almost fell over getting that pear shaped body moving.  Schiff ends his wild fishing trip with the feable words "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry)

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Jan 31, 2020 3:44 PM

Antifa plans massive anti-cop action in NY subways

Liberals better get control of their whack jobs.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 31, 2020 11:26 PM

Cool to watch the Brits roll up the middle finger to the EU.  The irony in the end with the Brits walking out while being scolded for using the word "hate".

Sat, Feb 1, 2020 9:23 AM
posted by majorspark

Cool to watch the Brits roll up the middle finger to the EU.  The irony in the end with the Brits walking out while being scolded for using the word "hate".

History will have to show if this was a good move. Maybe it was. But the Brits have f-ed up a lot of things in the world with their empire. Let's not just assume they won't f this up as well. 

Sat, Feb 1, 2020 9:24 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Antifa plans massive anti-cop action in NY subways

Liberals better get control of their whack jobs.

Should conservatives feel responsible for their whack jobs as well?  

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Feb 1, 2020 10:50 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Should conservatives feel responsible for their whack jobs as well?  

Conservative whack jobs aren't paid for by soros 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login