Progressives, part 3...

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 17, 2020 1:18 PM
posted by Spock

The playbook has been used before, get a "fact" witness (call him that even when he actually isnt).  put him on the back burner and use him when you are out of ammo and nothing else has worked (see Kavanaugh).  Then set him up with your media, Maddow who will interview anyone, and then pull the card months later to keep the narrative going.

Yeah I get that. I doubt it is that coordinated and assumes the Ds are being smart.

I see it as more the House Ds being dumb and shortsighted and not calling this guy to testify. Suddenly, once the guys reaches out to try and get his side of the story out (classic 60 Minutes move), Maddow jumps at the chance. The House and Senate Ds then are all up in the arms, but it was their mistake for not calling this guy and getting his information sooner. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 17, 2020 1:41 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Yeah I get that. I doubt it is that coordinated and assumes the Ds are being smart.

I see it as more the House Ds being dumb and shortsighted and not calling this guy to testify. Suddenly, once the guys reaches out to try and get his side of the story out (classic 60 Minutes move), Maddow jumps at the chance. The House and Senate Ds then are all up in the arms, but it was their mistake for not calling this guy and getting his information sooner.

She apparently had been working on the story "for months".  So what the hell happened?

Also, as far as "coordination", you don't seem to pay very close attention.  Watch and listen to the talking points and you will see it is very coordinated across the liberal media.  Right away, it was all "quid pro quo", and then it moved in lockstep to "extortion" and then "bribery".  Same thing with the whole Russian Collusion sage.  I don't know if the tail wags the dog, but it's quite clear the messaging is uniform and coordinated across the liberal media.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 17, 2020 1:44 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I see it as more the House Ds being dumb and shortsighted and not calling this guy to testify. 

I disagree.  This guy is lying his ass off.  He is not under oath talking to the press.  But would be testifying before congress.  If Adam Schiff thought this guy was legit and had the goods he would have called him to testify.  They are not dumb.

What this is designed to do is create media pressure on wobbly R senators.  When the wobbly R senators find themselves and this shit show is finally thrown to the curb the D's will have their narrative to beat on a daily basis based of the word of a guy they never wanted to place on oath before them.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jan 17, 2020 1:49 PM
posted by majorspark

If Adam Schiff thought this guy was legit and had the goods he would have called him to testify.  They are not dumb.

That's all a pretty good take.

Cocaine Mitch should give them all the finger and only call witnesses we've not heard from.  But not Bolton because of executive privilege.  Can you imagine the liberal meltdown if he did that?

Really, what would the point be of calling witnesses everyone already heard in public hearings in the House?  I know the point - it's political and has nothing to do with actual fairness.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 17, 2020 1:53 PM
posted by gut

She apparently had been working on the story "for months".  So what the hell happened?

Also, as far as "coordination", you don't seem to pay very close attention.  Watch and listen to the talking points and you will see it is very coordinated across the liberal media.  Right away, it was all "quid pro quo", and then it moved in lockstep to "extortion" and then "bribery".  Same thing with the whole Russian Collusion sage.  I don't know if the tail wags the dog, but it's quite clear the messaging is uniform and coordinated across the liberal media.

Working on it for months may mean trying to book the guy once he was arrested for trying to flee the country. 

Sorry, I am not buying some vast conspiracy that the entire "media" meets and trades talking points in some shady board room. Do they all skype in? How do those meetings work? 

posted by majorspark

I disagree.  This guy is lying his ass off.  He is not under oath talking to the press.  But would be testifying before congress.  If Adam Schiff thought this guy was legit and had the goods he would have called him to testify.  They are not dumb.

What this is designed to do is create media pressure on wobbly R senators.  When the wobbly R senators find themselves and this shit show is finally thrown to the curb the D's will have their narrative to beat on a daily basis based of the word of a guy they never wanted to place on oath before them.

I could see that with Schiff, but still why not call Rudy then? Even if it was going to be a shitshow, or he may not even show, you can still build up a case from there.  An impeachment process is legal, but also political, having this guy testify would have been a hell of a political move. It would have opened up all these things that are now out in the open. 

They just missed on all of these. Now, it is too little too late. I do agree this guy is shady as shit and everything he says should be taken as a lie or with heavy salt. 

gut Senior Member
Mon, Jan 20, 2020 4:00 PM

Didn't figure it was worth it's own thread - thoughts on Megxit?

Everyone is acting so shocked and disappointed, but isn't it obvious?  The Obama's signed book deals worth $50M, and a Netflix deal worth tens of millions.  Prince Harry has a net worth of @ $40M.  It's greed, pure and simple.  That, and Meghan probably doesn't want to do the crown functions that don't interest her.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jan 20, 2020 4:23 PM
posted by gut

Everyone is acting so shocked and disappointed, but isn't it obvious?  The Obama's signed book deals worth $50M, and a Netflix deal worth tens of millions.  Prince Harry has a net worth of @ $40M.  It's greed, pure and simple.  That, and Meghan probably doesn't want to do the crown functions that don't interest her.

I'm not sure I understand the whole thing.  It sounds like they didn't want to participate in royal events and didn't want anymore public funding.  If they have enough dough to live on without that, more power to them.  I wouldn't want anything to do with being a royal - it seems awful.  Why shouldn't they be free to do what they want?

gut Senior Member
Mon, Jan 20, 2020 4:32 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I'm not sure I understand the whole thing.  It sounds like they didn't want to participate in royal events and didn't want anymore public funding.  If they have enough dough to live on without that, more power to them.  I wouldn't want anything to do with being a royal - it seems awful.  Why shouldn't they be free to do what they want?

Apparently, what they "gave up" in public funding amounts to office expenses.  Less than 5% of the income, simply a reimbursement for expenses for official events.  He'll still get his royal stipend from the crown assets.  The interesting thing, as I understand it, is she - errrr, they - can now pursue their own projects....and keep all the money to themselves.

Meghan knew what the deal was.  Guess she wanted to be a princess but do her own thing.  I really couldn't care less about the royals, but I think she probably deserves all the scorn and vitriol coming her way.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Jan 20, 2020 7:25 PM

Who cares.  The royal family is like the Kardashians..... famous for nothing.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 2:23 AM
posted by gut

I stopped giving a fuck about that country since 1776.

I do find it funny (amongst other reasons) when brits try to ridicule the US, meanwhile their taxes fund the royal family that has 0 power.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 8:56 AM

Anyone follow the VA gun rights rally yesterday? Surprising no one, the media and the Twitter blue check brigade decided to frame it as a racist, white nationalist event. Meanwhile, the event went off without a hitch. People of all color were in attendance (yes, it was predominately white), joined together in the common goal of opposing the newly proposed, and absolutely worthless, gun control laws. And, after the event, they cleaned up after themselves. I saw video of people peeling stickers off of pavement as to leave no trace behind.

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 9:26 AM
posted by like_that

I stopped giving a fuck about that country since 1776.

You're so cool. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 9:37 AM
posted by justincredible

Anyone follow the VA gun rights rally yesterday? Surprising no one, the media and the Twitter blue check brigade decided to frame it as a racist, white nationalist event. Meanwhile, the event went off without a hitch. People of all color were in attendance (yes, it was predominately white), joined together in the common goal of opposing the newly proposed, and absolutely worthless, gun control laws. And, after the event, they cleaned up after themselves. I saw video of people peeling stickers off of pavement as to leave no trace behind.

Yep. NBC reporter called it a white supremacy rally. Hilarious that other media are like why aren't there cops in riot gear? Well  bc these people aren't rioting and the whole thing was peaceful with no arrests. Governor black face is trying to destroy their 2nd amendment rights, lol and called it a state of emergency for the protest.

You don't have to worry about anyone trying to take your guns they say....

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 9:42 AM

I guarantee they're upset that nothing violent happened. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 9:45 AM

Denver Post columnist says he was fired after disputing the idea that there are more than two sexes.

Jon Caldara, president of the libertarian Independence Institute, announced that he has been fired from the Post, chalking it up to "a difference in style" that his editors found "too insensitive."

"My column is not a soft voiced, sticky sweet NPR-styled piece which employs the language now mandated by the victim-centric, identity politics driven media," he said in aFacebook post. "What seemed to be the last straw for my column was my insistence that there are only two sexes and my frustration that to be inclusive of the transgendered (even that word isn’t allowed) we must lose our right to free speech."

Caldara criticized an Associated Press directive saying that sex and gender are not binary. "There are only two sexes, identified by an XX or XY chromosome. That is the very definition of binary. The AP ruling it isn’t so doesn’t change science. It’s a premeditative attempt to change culture and policy. It’s activism," he wrote on Jan. 3. In a column two weeks later, Caldara also railed against a 2019 Colorado law that required elementary school children to be instructed in transgender ideology.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/denver-post-columnist-fired-after-arguing-there-are-two-sexes/

The left has lost its mind.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 11:23 AM

Haha Dems are crying about an "expedient" trial.  Upset that long days are going to limit the ability to grandstand (as if all the good soundbites won't play continuously on cable news, any way).

Now I'm waiting for McConnel to come out and say an expedient trial is desirable so a number of Senators can get back on the Presidential campaign trail....I'm sure Bernie Sanders would feel things were rigged, again, if he was forced to spend 2 months on an impeachment trial.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 11:43 AM
posted by justincredible

I guarantee they're upset that nothing violent happened. 

I saw someone say those who came armed and didn't go inside the fenced area were terrorists, because they brought guns "to intimidate."

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 11:45 AM
posted by O-Trap

I saw someone say those who came armed and didn't go inside the fenced area were terrorists, because they brought guns "to intimidate."

Push red-flag laws. Label gun owners terrorists/white supremacists.

And they wonder why people might oppose something like that?

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 12:20 PM

The Virginia governor rationalized his declaration by saying that there was a "credible" and "imminent" threat on the web regarding the rally with no further explanation.  Sounds about as solid as the reason we all of a sudden had to take out that Iranian general a couple of weeks ago.  

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 12:22 PM

And then he had the nerve to come out after the rally to credit himself for de-escalating the violence. He's an absolute dunce of a man.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login