Progressives, part 3...

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 25, 2019 12:13 PM
posted by iclfan2

Has anyone seen the Katie Hill (congress woman) stuff? I know it’s hard with the garbage media, but posting nude pics to websites, having affairs with staffers. If this were a man or a republican the you’d never here the end of it.

I saw the one picture where she's naked, sitting on a couch, with a staffer sitting on the floor between her legs and she's brushing the staffer's hair lol

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 25, 2019 12:57 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I saw the one picture where she's naked, sitting on a couch, with a staffer sitting on the floor between her legs and she's brushing the staffer's hair lol

So, basically a female Marc Weiner, then?

This should be interesting.  My guess is she's defended against the "male double standard" and praised for sexually empowering women.  The power/superior thing will be ignored or brushed aside.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Oct 25, 2019 12:58 PM

So Obama eulogizing Cummings has taken a few veiled shots at Trump, to much laughter.  I imagine the liberal media will love this.  Of course, when Repubs do it they get rightfully excoriated.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Oct 25, 2019 5:56 PM
posted by gut

So Obama eulogizing Cummings has taken a few veiled shots at Trump, to much laughter.  I imagine the liberal media will love this.  Of course, when Repubs do it they get rightfully excoriated.

Not the time and place

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 27, 2019 2:19 PM

Holy shit, the Washington Post led with A headline describing a dead terrorist as an “austere religious scholar”. You can’t make this shit up. Watching political pundits and the media try to find ways to shit on the killing of the leader of ISIS is hilarious. 

Spock Senior Member
Sun, Oct 27, 2019 5:57 PM

Trump now looks like a commander and chief.   Likely just got reelected 

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 7:17 PM

Lol Katie Hill resigned 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 28, 2019 10:52 AM
posted by iclfan2

Holy shit, the Washington Post led with A headline describing a dead terrorist as an “austere religious scholar”. You can’t make this shit up. Watching political pundits and the media try to find ways to shit on the killing of the leader of ISIS is hilarious. 

Mind numbing.  I hope the Post hears directly from the families of the victims of this monster, not that the liberal rag would care, but my God what a disgraceful move.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Oct 28, 2019 10:53 AM
posted by Spock

Trump now looks like a commander and chief.   Likely just got reelected 

Was going to occur anyway, but it was a good hour.  I really appreciate him not giving advance notice to Schiff/Pelosi; they deserve ZERO.

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 8:15 PM

Lol Trump posted a fake pic of him giving the dog a Medal of Honor, and some stupid fucks fact checked it. Is the media really retarded or are they just pretending? It’s scary that I don’t know. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Oct 31, 2019 9:56 AM
posted by iclfan2

Lol Trump posted a fake pic of him giving the dog a Medal of Honor, and some stupid fucks fact checked it. Is the media really retarded or are they just pretending? It’s scary that I don’t know. 

Bigly

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 31, 2019 11:27 AM
posted by iclfan2

Yeah, the people getting mad at this are being stupid.  This is on par with his well-done steak with ketchup or Obama's tan suit.

There's actual shit to complain about.  This isn't even on the back end of that category. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 2, 2019 12:03 PM

LOL at people in New York City who don't want to pay $2.75 to ride the subway.

Sat, Nov 2, 2019 2:18 PM
posted by majorspark

LOL at people in New York City

You mostly could have just stopped here.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Nov 3, 2019 8:14 PM

60 Minutes tonight with a predictably partisan report on Brexit.

This is a very alarming development.  There is not a single news organization that can be trusted to actually do journalism.  This is what informs many, many people.  They have no clue what they are seeing/hearing is filtered thru a globalist/progressive agenda (or conservative, for Fox viewers).

I think most people still think 60 Minutes is hard journalism.  But we've been posting here on a weekly basis that, almost every week, they have an anti-Trump / anti-Repub hit piece.

People will eventually realize they were deceived.  But, again, the next generation will never trust science or the media.

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Nov 4, 2019 10:58 AM

Misinformation is the biggest threat to our democracy.  

Mon, Nov 4, 2019 6:06 PM
posted by Spock

Misinformation is the biggest threat to our democracy.  

I'd argue it's the tribalism (which makes us not care about factual information) and the inability to have a civil discussion on the topic while disagreeing fervently.

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Nov 4, 2019 8:01 PM
posted by O-Trap

I'd argue it's the tribalism (which makes us not care about factual information) and the inability to have a civil discussion on the topic while disagreeing fervently.

misinformation from the media is what is driving the prevalence of tribalism

Tue, Nov 5, 2019 9:07 AM
posted by Spock

See, I think it's the other way around, and I'll tell you why.

News networks are, first and foremost, businesses.  If there's not enough money to keep the lights on and the ownership happy, no information is going to get passed along.

As such, to some degree, the media outlets have an organic motivation for appealing to their target audience.

Now, if any significant subset of the population wanted the objective, unadulterated, Joe-Friday-style news, there'd be a market for a media outlet to provide that.

If there's a market for it, then there's money to be made with it, so a media outlet would fill that niche, whether it'd be a new one or whether one or more of the existing ones would transition in that direction.

However, the media outlets are really only becoming more polarized.  That tells me that it's what the audiences want.  There's a demand for media that agrees with them.

The market is just catering to the demand, same as it does in every other industry.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 5, 2019 10:32 AM
posted by Spock

Since you post links to Breitbart, you're driving said prevalence, then.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login