Progressives, part 3...

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Sep 26, 2019 9:39 PM
posted by geeblock

Just to be clear what parts of the accusations are you saying aren’t true? I’m assuming obviously that he withheld funds unless they helped with Biden. Anything else? 

You think this is the first time this has happened?  EVERY president likely plays this game with other countries.  

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Sep 26, 2019 9:55 PM
posted by Spock

You think this is the first time this has happened?  EVERY president likely plays this game with other countries.  

I can understand someone making the argument that what he did was not illegal. I can not understand QO logic in trying to say that It’s some conspiracy and some lie. From what I can tell trump freely admits he did it and thinks it’s not illegal. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 26, 2019 10:34 PM
posted by gut

If most of our politicians weren't committed to being career politicians, the sane people in both parties would have already broken off to form a plurality 3rd party.

In order to have a viable 3rd party candidate you have to have things blow up enough that both the far right and far left simultaneously get behind a viable candidate in their ilk otherwise they will vote for the lesser of two evils.

At this point I will vote for Trump hoping something else emerges from the ashes.  The things the guy is accused of has been happening on a daily basis in Washington with multiple politicians.  Career politicians are loathed by many but yet still voted for because of the evil other.

Lets be frank the only way you get a viable 3rd party candidate is to defeat the Washington establishments on both sides.  I used to fear a multiparty system given a nutjob gets the needed electoral votes by spitting the others but the founders gave us enough checks and balances to handle it.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 26, 2019 11:00 PM
posted by justincredible

And, it turns out, the "journo" in question also had racist, homophobic tweets from 6-8 years ago.

He gone. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 9:05 AM
posted by geeblock

the transcript wasn't released, and i think that is the whole point of the whistleblower complaint  is that there was recording that the WH worked to suppress. Im not sure it really matters tho, its not like hes really denying what hes being accused of but rather saying its not a big deal.

The transcript was most certainly released. It was released first and the whistleblower report released the following day.

I am not sure what you are missing.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 9:08 AM
posted by geeblock

Just to be clear what parts of the accusations are you saying aren’t true? I’m assuming obviously that he withheld funds unless they helped with Biden. Anything else? 

The call and facts don't support your last sentence.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 9:39 AM

This is staggering; they are literally attempting another coup in order to cover up their first coup attempt.

Jesus Christ.

geeblock Member
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 10:33 AM
posted by jmog

The transcript was most certainly released. It was released first and the whistleblower report released the following day.

I am not sure what you are missing.

From what I understood it was a “summary” of the call and not an official transcript or word for word from a recording 

geeblock Member
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 10:36 AM
posted by jmog

The call and facts don't support your last sentence.

I was saying that obviously QO disagrees that he leveraged them for a favor, but other than that trump has basically said everything else in the call was true unless I’m missing something. It didn’t take some cia spy. Trump and Giuliani did press conferences/interviews saying they asked them to look into biden

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 10:44 AM
posted by QuakerOats

This is staggering; they are literally attempting another coup in order to cover up their first coup attempt.

Jesus Christ.

You are batshit crazy.  

bigorangebuck22 Senior Member
322 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 3:06 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Jesus Christ.

I can't believe we let you people vote.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 4:34 PM

Do your due diligence.

Have a good weekend.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 8:27 PM
posted by geeblock

From what I understood it was a “summary” of the call and not an official transcript or word for word from a recording 

There is no such thing as an "official word for word transcript".  They don't record calls either.  Its live listening and note taking.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 11:03 PM
posted by bigorangebuck22

I can't believe we let you people vote.

"What do you mean 'you people'?"

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 28, 2019 8:24 AM
posted by O-Trap

"What do you mean 'you people'?"

white people with a 2x4 up their ass?  I'm guessing...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 28, 2019 10:41 AM

Oh boy! New York City is trying to make it illegal to threaten someone to call ICE or call someone an Illegal Alien. Sounds a tad unconstitutional 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 28, 2019 1:46 PM
posted by gut

They want non-citizens to have the vote but not those lumber-augmented?

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 28, 2019 2:20 PM
posted by gut

Probably not a bad guess.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 28, 2019 3:04 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

They want non-citizens to have the vote but not those lumber-augmented?

I didn't catch the part where, uh *checks post*, bigorangebuck said anything about non-citizens. I just figured it was in response to yet another somewhat unhinged partisan rant on QQ's part where he comes off as completely rattled by whatever anti-Trump sentiment is making the rounds at a given time, regardless of whether it has merit, is a total nothingburger or there's currently not enough known to have a legit clue as to which of those categories it fits.

Personally, I find it funny because, from how he acts here, I can legit see him stressing himself into a coronary simply because some random person eight states over made an anti-Trump tweet that went viral.

bigorangebuck22 Senior Member
322 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 29, 2019 7:14 AM
posted by Heretic

I didn't catch the part where, uh *checks post*, bigorangebuck said anything about non-citizens. I just figured it was in response to yet another somewhat unhinged partisan rant on QQ's part where he comes off as completely rattled by whatever anti-Trump sentiment is making the rounds at a given time, regardless of whether it has merit, is a total nothingburger or there's currently not enough known to have a legit clue as to which of those categories it fits.

Personally, I find it funny because, from how he acts here, I can legit see him stressing himself into a coronary simply because some random person eight states over made an anti-Trump tweet that went viral.

Pretty much sums up my "you people" commnt. Though i'd throw in something about the batshit crazy right winger conspiracy theorists as well.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login