Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 15, 2019 12:44 PM

Tlaib and Omar openly support the BDS movement and then are surprised that Israel doesn't want them there? No shit, how is this a surprise? 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 15, 2019 3:59 PM
posted by iclfan2

Tlaib and Omar openly support the BDS movement and then are surprised that Israel doesn't want them there? No shit, how is this a surprise? 

"Because they are just not communicating what they actually think very well. If people would actually take the time and think about what they *really* mean to say they wouldn't have these problems!"

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 15, 2019 4:22 PM

EXPLORATION:

HIGH-IMPACT DISCOVERIES ALREADY GREATER THAN 2018

Sixteen discoveries estimated to be larger than 100 million barrels of oil equivalent were made in the first half of the year.

http://media.bishopi.com/ec.aspx?l=24889174&e=216417

Can’t be …peak oil was 40 years ago.  Or did big government liberals get it wrong just like always.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 15, 2019 4:55 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

"Because they are just not communicating what they actually think very well. If people would actually take the time and think about what they *really* mean to say they wouldn't have these problems!"

Well, the Squad and Trump are basically two sides of the same, sad coin.

Thu, Aug 15, 2019 5:09 PM
posted by Heretic

Well they are very much in a co-dependent relationship. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 15, 2019 5:24 PM
posted by Heretic

Indeed.  And it really illustrates how stupidly partisan most people have become.  CNN cries every day about what Trump says, but worships The Squad.  And over on Fox his buddies Hannity and Tucker will explain away every questionable thing he says, and then cry every day about The Squad.

But, really, it will be an interesting election if Dems are going all-in, again, on the "deplorables" and "white supremacy".  People who wouldn't vote, or wouldn't vote for Trump, nevertheless don't like being called racist because they disagree with you.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Aug 15, 2019 5:27 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well they are very much in a co-dependent relationship. 

Saw where AOC has almost no donor support from her actual district.  I thought leftists were against dark money from the outside?

Thu, Aug 15, 2019 5:32 PM
posted by gut

Saw where AOC has almost no donor support from her actual district.  I thought leftists were against dark money from the outside?

Yeah, Tim Pool had a vid about that last night. Apparently she's only got like a handful of donors from her own district but BIG money from California.

It brings the question: should out of district/state donations be allowed to happen for reps and senators?

gut Senior Member
Thu, Aug 15, 2019 5:51 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It brings the question: should out of district/state donations be allowed to happen for reps and senators?

I tend to think it shouldn't be allowed.  But there are so many ways around campaign donation laws, from the $250k per plate dinner to the Super PACs...

But mostly I think the laws are what they are because that is how the Dems and Repubs keep most of their party in line.  Because the normal procedure would be for the party to throw $3M at your challenger to primary you.

Except money wouldn't really matter if most voters weren't lazy and uninformed.

wkfan Senior Member
1,850 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 16, 2019 10:22 AM
posted by gut

I tend to think it shouldn't be allowed.  But there are so many ways around campaign donation laws, from the $250k per plate dinner to the Super PACs...

But mostly I think the laws are what they are because that is how the Dems and Repubs keep most of their party in line.  Because the normal procedure would be for the party to throw $3M at your challenger to primary you.

Except money wouldn't really matter if most voters weren't lazy and uninformed.

And we all know that those in power in the WH, House, Senate, etc are all about staying there...not doing what is in the best interests of the citizens of the United States of America.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 16, 2019 2:11 PM
posted by gut

You’re surprised?

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 16, 2019 2:55 PM
posted by iclfan2

a) Given how they obviously feel, why would they want to go?

b) Frankly, I'm not sure why we have such a hard-on for the modern day nation state of Israel anyway.

posted by Heretic

posted by gut

Waiting for the reasoning to be something like, "It's because people in my district don't have the money to spend on political donations. They're more concerned with affording [food/healthcare/college/baby formula/etc]. They didn't elect me to be another big money politician. They elected me to hold those politicians accountable for [fuck it and whatever, you get the idea]."

posted by CenterBHSFan

Yeah, Tim Pool had a vid about that last night. Apparently she's only got like a handful of donors from her own district but BIG money from California.

Wouldn't matter.  Too many REALLY easy ways around it.

Fri, Aug 16, 2019 7:48 PM
posted by O-Trap

a) Given how they obviously feel, why would they want to go?

b) Frankly, I'm not sure why we have such a hard-on for the modern day nation state of Israel anyway.

Do people have a hard on (I personally don’t) or is it that wtf do these clowns have such a problem with that they’re making people defend them? Israel actually granted Tlaib access to see her “grandma” but she decided it wasn’t worth it, bc it was all grandstanding. These freshman congresswoman are just such losers. 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 17, 2019 12:56 AM
posted by iclfan2

Do people have a hard on (I personally don’t) or is it that wtf do these clowns have such a problem with that they’re making people defend them? Israel actually granted Tlaib access to see her “grandma” but she decided it wasn’t worth it, bc it was all grandstanding. These freshman congresswoman are just such losers. 

They are.  No question.

But people have had a hard-on for Israel for years.

I'm sure it's because it's the same name as the nation of God's people in the Bible, but frankly, that's were the similarities end for the most part.  Different borders, different government, different culture, even different religion for the most part.

The modern nation of Israel is a democracy without a state religion, same as about 99% of the countries in the world (looking at you, North Korea and Indonesia).    Fewer than half of the Jews in Israel even identify as religiously Jewish.  Most either observe the traditions for the sake of tradition -- Masorti -- or are are altogether secular -- Hiloni.

As such, I can't see anything outside western Christendom's obsession with biblical eschatology or nearly illiterate understanding of the books of the Prophets being the cause of it, but whether or not I'm right, it persists.

If it's just because they're allies (ah, the good ol' foreign entanglements ...), then they should be on par with other allies, but even by comparison to that lot, Israel gets an unusual benefit of the doubt.

It's like one big geopolitical performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Sat, Aug 17, 2019 5:04 AM

Wow, Otrap! I haven't seen you be so one sided in... well I've never seen it.  I'm guessing you're in the mood for a good debate LOL!

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Aug 17, 2019 12:41 PM
posted by O-Trap

They are.  No question.

I'm sure it's because it's the same name as the nation of God's people in the Bible, but frankly, that's were the similarities end for the most part.  Different borders, different government, different culture, even different religion for the most part.

The modern nation of Israel is a democracy without a state religion, same as about 99% of the countries in the world (looking at you, North Korea and Indonesia).    Fewer than half of the Jews in Israel even identify as religiously Jewish.  Most either observe the traditions for the sake of tradition -- Masorti -- or are are altogether secular -- Hiloni.

As such, I can't see anything outside western Christendom's obsession with biblical eschatology or nearly illiterate understanding of the books of the Prophets being the cause of it, but whether or not I'm right, it persists.

If it's just because they're allies (ah, the good ol' foreign entanglements ...), then they should be on par with other allies, but even by comparison to that lot, Israel gets an unusual benefit of the doubt.

It's like one big geopolitical performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Nut job Christians are hardon over Israel and it’s got nothing to do with supporting democracy or Judaism. It’s their obsession with end times. I would guess Israelis think they’re nuts too. 

Trump did did have an awesome tweet about Talib. He said the only winner in this whole thing was her grandma who now is not forced to see her. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Aug 17, 2019 12:42 PM
posted by QuakerOats

You’re surprised?

Dude, your leader is no cleaner than these squad clowns. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 17, 2019 3:30 PM
posted by O-Trap

They are.  No question.

As for that, I do find it funny when people take any criticism of Israel, its government or our unconditional support of them and immediately play the anti-semite card. Bonus points for when those people nearly always tend to be the same ones who rip on the left for constantly screaming "racist", "sexist" and other buzzwords whenever someone disagrees with them because a near-total lack of self-awareness is always amusing.

Sat, Aug 17, 2019 6:05 PM

Some more ridiculous footage out of Portland again. Can’t wait for some of them to get theirs. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 17, 2019 6:19 PM
posted by iclfan2

Some more ridiculous footage out of Portland again. Can’t wait for some of them to get theirs. 

LOL, I've been anticipating some every since I saw antifa and the far right idiots were going to have dueling rallies.

My rough guess would be most of the clowns, on both sides, are unemployed.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login