Progressives, part 3...

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 5:38 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Also, Biden is like Trump in that both say so much stupidity that everybody is desensitized to it.

Biden has no filter.  Trump is grossly insensitive.

I think the reason most [other] politicians speak so slow and measured is they're being very careful to avoid that ever-growing list of trigger words. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 5:46 PM
posted by gut

Biden has no filter.  Trump is grossly insensitive.

I think the reason most [other] politicians speak so slow and measured is they're being very careful to avoid that ever-growing list of trigger words. 

I’m interested in the list

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 8:02 PM
posted by geeblock

Also joe Biden said that poor kids are just as smart as white Kids. Can’t believe u guys missed that one 

Would be an 8 day CNN headline if Trump said it. So racist! 

geeblock Member
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 8:13 PM
posted by iclfan2

Would be an 8 day CNN headline if Trump said it. So racist! 

So u see I’m bipartisan 💁‍♀️

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 11:01 AM
posted by geeblock

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. They were definitely harassing him for waking in the street, then tried some smear campaign that he robbed a store. Shooting someone 6 times who is unarmed is excessive to me but that’s just my opinion this topic was beat to death in here 5 years ago so I’m def aware of others opinions on it from here 

BULLSHIT.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 11:07 AM
posted by QuakerOats

BULLSHIT.

Dude, relax.  No need to get upset.

geeblock Member
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 11:22 AM
posted by QuakerOats

BULLSHIT.

Next time you have some free time do some research on police reports and body cam footage. They rarely resemble each other 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 11:34 AM
posted by geeblock

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. They were definitely harassing him for waking in the street, then tried some smear campaign that he robbed a store. Shooting someone 6 times who is unarmed is excessive to me but that’s just my opinion this topic was beat to death in here 5 years ago so I’m def aware of others opinions on it from here 

How it is a smear campaign about robbing a store when video surveillance SHOWED HIM ROBBING A STORE?

I am not arguing that 6 shots is "excessive" or not but you can't use the "unarmed" narrative when it was shown by eye witness account that he attacked the officer and went for the officers GUN. You can't be labeled as "unarmed" when you are trying to get someone's gun.

geeblock Member
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 11:49 AM
posted by jmog

How it is a smear campaign about robbing a store when video surveillance SHOWED HIM ROBBING A STORE?

I am not arguing that 6 shots is "excessive" or not but you can't use the "unarmed" narrative when it was shown by eye witness account that he attacked the officer and went for the officers GUN. You can't be labeled as "unarmed" when you are trying to get someone's gun.

Not going to get back into that case as it has been beat to death but the police had no idea of the store interaction until days later. There is video of him giving the workers pot in exchange for cigorillos earlier in the day and then coming back to retrieve them later in the day. Of course they aren’t going to tell police they were trading pot for drugs. Either way it really is irrelevant to the story. Without body cam footage I don’t trust police accounts for interactions for the most part. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 11:57 AM

There were two types of accounts from witnesses. 1. The "hands up don't shoot" story, 2. Brown tried to take the cop's weapon and rightly got ventilated. One of the two has been proven by science to be conclusively false.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 12:46 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

One of the two has been proven by science to be conclusively false.

If Eric Holder had to admit that the officer did indeed fear for his life and did nothing wrong, then there was no "murder".

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 1:09 PM
posted by O-Trap

Dude, relax.  No need to get upset.

No, no, it's both really fun and way too easy to imagine him in a pissed off mood for days because his widdle feelings couldn't take something that someone said on the internet.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 1:35 PM
posted by Heretic

No, no, it's both really fun and way too easy to imagine him in a pissed off mood for days because his widdle feelings couldn't take something that someone said on the internet.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 1:57 PM
posted by geeblock

Not going to get back into that case as it has been beat to death but the police had no idea of the store interaction until days later. There is video of him giving the workers pot in exchange for cigorillos earlier in the day and then coming back to retrieve them later in the day. Of course they aren’t going to tell police they were trading pot for drugs. Either way it really is irrelevant to the story. Without body cam footage I don’t trust police accounts for interactions for the most part. 

Sometimes I wonder if you are trolling or serious.

Here is the last paragraph of the wikipedia page account, pay close attention to the this paragraph:

grand jury was called and given extensive evidence from Robert McCulloch, the St. Louis County Prosecutor. On November 24, 2014, McCulloch announced the St. Louis County grand jury had decided not to indict Wilson.[10] On March 4, 2015, the U.S. Department of Justice reported the conclusion of its own investigation and cleared Wilson of civil rights violations in the shooting. It found forensic evidence supported the officer's account, that witnesses who corroborated the officer's account were credible, and that witnesses who had incriminated him were not credible, with some admitting they had not directly seen the events.[11][12]The U.S. Department of Justice concluded that Wilson shot Brown in self-defense.[13][14]

All forensic physical evidence supported the cops account and all credible witnesses corroborated his account. I am sorry that the facts of the case don't support your feelings, but his "report" that you don't believe without body cam footage was backed up by science and eye witnesses.

I am not sure what other information you want. A grand jury (where only the prosecution get's to present a case) and the FBI found him innocent (well GJ is just choosing not to indict).

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 2:02 PM
posted by Heretic

Has nothing to do with feelings (as you well know); has everything to do with facts.  The word ‘bullshit’ was quite appropriate in this instance. 

Take care, and have a good week.

geeblock Member
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 2:14 PM
posted by jmog

Sometimes I wonder if you are trolling or serious.

Here is the last paragraph of the wikipedia page account, pay close attention to the this paragraph:

grand jury was called and given extensive evidence from Robert McCulloch, the St. Louis County Prosecutor. On November 24, 2014, McCulloch announced the St. Louis County grand jury had decided not to indict Wilson.[10] On March 4, 2015, the U.S. Department of Justice reported the conclusion of its own investigation and cleared Wilson of civil rights violations in the shooting. It found forensic evidence supported the officer's account, that witnesses who corroborated the officer's account were credible, and that witnesses who had incriminated him were not credible, with some admitting they had not directly seen the events.[11][12]The U.S. Department of Justice concluded that Wilson shot Brown in self-defense.[13][14]

All forensic physical evidence supported the cops account and all credible witnesses corroborated his account. I am sorry that the facts of the case don't support your feelings, but his "report" that you don't believe without body cam footage was backed up by science and eye witnesses.

I am not sure what other information you want. A grand jury (where only the prosecution get's to present a case) and the FBI found him innocent (well GJ is just choosing not to indict).

I have read the report. I was saying the cop had no idea that this incident in the store took place.

per the same report you quoted. The cop had told Michael brown earlier to stop walking in the road. He sees him again walking in the road and pulls up and hits him with the door. Then per the report “ either by rebound or by being pushed” door came back and hit the officer. At this point he says he couldnt reach his non lethal weapon and pulled his gun. There is clear evidence mb grabbed the gun in my opinion to not get shot. At this point he was shot in the thumb. I don’t think any of this is in dispute. Now the blood trail at this point gets 180 feet from the car before stopping. I will agree the 6 shots that hit mb support forensics however he missed with another 10 shots. We will never know if those shots fit that narrative. My whole point was this whole incident never had to happen. Mb was just walking down the street. All this for jaywalking 

geeblock Member
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 2:15 PM

geeblock Member
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 2:15 PM

geeblock Member
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 2:16 PM

These are my last comments on this topic it has been beat to death 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 2:19 PM
posted by geeblock

These are my last comments on this topic it has been beat to death 

good we can all move on now since everyone else moved on years ago.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login