Progressives, part 3...

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 9:39 AM

So Epstein was suicided today. That didn’t take long. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:09 AM
posted by jmog

So Epstein was suicided today. That didn’t take long. 

Seems pretty fishy

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:10 AM

Here is why I hate Candace Owens in 3 tweets 

geeblock Member
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:11 AM

geeblock Member
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:14 AM

Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:15 AM

Elizabeth Warren yesterday “5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.” 100% wrong, but gotta lander for race votes.

geeblock Member
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:25 AM
posted by iclfan2

Elizabeth Warren yesterday “5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.” 100% wrong, but gotta lander for race votes.

What part is 100% wrong 

Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:29 AM
posted by geeblock

What part is 100% wrong 

That he murdered him. Obama’s DOJ concluded Brown attacked the officer and forensic evidence further proved it (also witnesses). Don’t attack a cop, injure him, and reach for his gun unless you want killed. Harris is also peddling this nonsense.

geeblock Member
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:33 AM
posted by iclfan2

That he murdered him. Obama’s DOJ concluded Brown attacked the officer and forensic evidence further proved it (also witnesses). Don’t attack a cop, injure him, and reach for his gun unless you want killed. Harris is also peddling this nonsense.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. They were definitely harassing him for waking in the street, then tried some smear campaign that he robbed a store. Shooting someone 6 times who is unarmed is excessive to me but that’s just my opinion this topic was beat to death in here 5 years ago so I’m def aware of others opinions on it from here 

Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:36 AM

Yea I’m not going into it further bc it’s beating a dead horse... but she’s still a pandering moron.

In other news, Some solid gold jokes on Epstein on twitter today. “If you’re surprised at Epstein’s suicide, imagine how surprised he was”

”If you wanted to keep him safe, shoulda took him to Wisconsin.”

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 2:10 PM

Saw someone claim that the House needs to open an investigation because the DOJ can't be trusted given Trump's connection to Epstein.  So, yeah, the Left is already blaming his death on Trump.

Sat, Aug 10, 2019 2:16 PM
posted by gut

Saw someone claim that the House needs to open an investigation because the DOJ can't be trusted given Trump's connection to Epstein.  So, yeah, the Left is already blaming his death on Trump.

I’ve already seen some people saying Russia, lol the new boogeyman.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 2:42 PM

Epstein used to be a pedophile. Now he's just a swinger. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 3:59 PM

Joe Scarborough has let Trump break him down like a shotgun and I just can't ...

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/1160184410588758018

A guy who had information that would have destroyed rich and powerful men’s lives ends up dead in his jail cell. How predictably...Russian.

Also early this week Ptown's boy Nate Silver has been saying some of the most stupidass shit

Using a term like "racially charged" is almost like a reverse-dogwhistle. Savvy NYT subscribers will recognize that it's just a euphemism for "racist". But maybe those rubes in flyover country will not and will give the NYT a pass from accusations of being biased/ partisan.

And when the NYT changed a headline to appease the Twitter SJWs he had this to say in defense of them doing it:

LOL, imagine a world where subscriber-based businesses are responsive to their subscribers, it's not fucking Orwell bro.

Like the NYT is supposed to work like a blog or vlog. 

What is it with these people acting like this now? Is this who they always were and just kept it tightly regulated until Trump came along and they released their inner nut? Or did Trump just derange them this badly? I look at these people and think "wtf is wrong with them?" 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 4:24 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

...Or did Trump just derange them this badly?

Yes.  The crazy was always there, but it was subtle and they kept it masked.  But Trump broke their brains so severely their inner psychosis became normative.

Seems like the new journalism is reporting what the facts should be - Trump is a racist, therefore I'll report what you should have heard and not what was actually said.  And the way they now editorialize presumably objective, factual reporting is to throw in soundbites from politicians, talking heads and even Joe Sixpack.  The writer is supposedly not expressing his or her opinion, and so it's essentially an end-around on objective reporting.  If I can't directly offer an opinion, I'll find someone who will and justify it's inclusion as a "newsworthy reaction".  Then there's the careful shaping of a story to fit a narrative, which is a completely other level of art craft - although factually correct, deceptive enough to earn the label "fake news".

What happens in a post-Trump world?  I'm not sure, but I think the media has become addicted to the fact that sensationalism sells even better when you pump it up with some made-up BS.  In large part, the media is just responding with what sells.  So I guess the consumer is to blame.

geeblock Member
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 5:01 PM

It’s funny to watch the left and right claim a victory on the same persons suicide simultaneously 

geeblock Member
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 5:02 PM

Also joe Biden said that poor kids are just as smart as white Kids. Can’t believe u guys missed that one 

geeblock Member
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 5:04 PM
posted by gut

Yes.  The crazy was always there, but it was subtle and they kept it masked.  But Trump broke their brains so severely their inner psychosis became normative.

Seems like the new journalism is reporting what the facts should be - Trump is a racist, therefore I'll report what you should have heard and not what was actually said.  And the way they now editorialize presumably objective, factual reporting is to throw in soundbites from politicians, talking heads and even Joe Sixpack.  The writer is supposedly not expressing his or her opinion, and so it's essentially an end-around on objective reporting.  If I can't directly offer an opinion, I'll find someone who will and justify it's inclusion as a "newsworthy reaction".  Then there's the careful shaping of a story to fit a narrative, which is a completely other level of art craft - although factually correct, deceptive enough to earn the label "fake news".

What happens in a post-Trump world?  I'm not sure, but I think the media has become addicted to the fact that sensationalism sells even better when you pump it up with some made-up BS.  In large part, the media is just responding with what sells.  So I guess the consumer is to blame.

Lol poor trump. Man he def is a victim. Can’t believe how he gets treated 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 5:16 PM
posted by geeblock

Also joe Biden said that poor kids are just as smart as white Kids. Can’t believe u guys missed that one 

I don't think anyone missed it. There's just so much crazy shit happening that it's more about picking and choosing which one catches your eye the most at any given tweet!

Also, Biden is like Trump in that both say so much stupidity that everybody is desensitized to it.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 10, 2019 5:30 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol poor trump. Man he def is a victim. Can’t believe how he gets treated 

I was just giving an example.  I didn't call him a victim, though he's certainly been the subject of his share of fake news (some of which he probably manufactured himself).

The left has seriously gone bat shit.  Trump better have a good healthcare plan, because if he gets re-elected there's going to be a huge spike in mental illness.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login