Progressives, part 3...

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 20, 2019 6:39 AM

Been a little while since I saw this being used: https://twitter.com/TalbertSwan/status/1152257548659175424

Dear wypipo, Stop calling my church, sending emails & inboxes via its website & social media pages to complain about me condemning white supremacy & anti-Black bigotry. There is no white manager to speak to, no white supervisor to fire me, & no white resources to take from me.

I'm just gonna guess that "white resources" is currency, a clock or a dog (twitter blue checkmarks say that those are white people constructs). 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 20, 2019 7:21 PM

Ha, a state rep in Georgia wasted no time in faking a story about being told to “go back where she came from”. Like clock work. And some of the media fell for it for the umpteenth freaking time. 

Mon, Jul 22, 2019 2:06 PM

Lol this moron is doubling down, says she wants the guy charged (Cuban Democrat). For calling her a bitch? The outrage culture is such garbage. And no media is calling her out.

On a separate note today, the same reporters who tried destroying Kavanaugh are slobbering over Al Franken and how his “victims” made it all up. Gtfo

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 22, 2019 2:26 PM
posted by iclfan2

On a separate note today, the same reporters who tried destroying Kavanaugh are slobbering over Al Franken and how his “victims” made it all up. Gtfo

Trump so rattled the media that they have completed given-up trying to hide their bias.  That's a great thing, except it seems most people on the left still refuse to acknowledge it.  Years of smug self-confidence that you were more knowledgeable and informed than conservatives has to be a huge mental health crisis in the making.  Fortunately, the simple prescription is denial.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Jul 22, 2019 9:57 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tlaib-calls-for-20-an-hour-minimum-wage

I didnt get past the headline.  WTF are these people thinking?

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 22, 2019 11:42 PM
posted by Spock

Eh, you knew it was coming once we started seeing $15/hr.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 22, 2019 11:44 PM
posted by Spock

It's never about economics with these people.  Globalism is what has stagnated wages of American workers, and that's a result of your trade agreements.

China and Mexico pay lower wages that American workers won't accept.  So the corporation has two choices: go out of business, or outsource to the lower wage countries in order to stay price competitive.  And this is already happening in those countries to even lower wage countries.

This is really simple stuff.  The real shrinking wealth gap is between American unskilled workers and EM unskilled workers.  Those developing countries have taken the lionshare of American middle class wealth.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Jul 23, 2019 7:25 AM

So after actually looking at the context of the whole conversation of what Omar said compared to the quotes being used against her. It’s actually not as bad as I thought or as is being portrayed. Muslim people shouldn’t have to answer or condemn terrorist attacks everyday of their life. White people dont have to answer every time there’s a school or church shooting and don’t get asked Daily to condemn those things because it’s a given. The same should go for Muslims. She’s also not the first person to hold the belief that we should get out of other countries and their business. This is definitely being blown up more than what was actually said in my op

Spock Senior Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:13 AM
posted by geeblock

So after actually looking at the context of the whole conversation of what Omar said compared to the quotes being used against her. It’s actually not as bad as I thought or as is being portrayed. Muslim people shouldn’t have to answer or condemn terrorist attacks everyday of their life. White people dont have to answer every time there’s a school or church shooting and don’t get asked Daily to condemn those things because it’s a given. The same should go for Muslims. She’s also not the first person to hold the belief that we should get out of other countries and their business. This is definitely being blown up more than what was actually said in my op

you can make the same case for Trumps tweet about "go back where you came from".  He didnt say anything about their race or gender, he didnt say "go back your COUNTRY".

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:22 AM
posted by Spock

you can make the same case for Trumps tweet about "go back where you came from".  He didnt say anything about their race or gender, he didnt say "go back your COUNTRY".

If he was only talking about Omar then I could see that but considering he said women and the other 3 were born here it just wasn’t right in my opinion. Plus the whole love it or leave it or go back to your country, is too close to “go back to Africa” in the 60s imo 

Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:26 AM
posted by geeblock

Well, truthfully, there have even been innumerable Muslims who have indeed condemned Islamic terrorism.  I remember reading about this, for example (and these are just imams):
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/muslim-clerics-condemn-terrorism_n_566adfa1e4b009377b249dea

However, when people find out I'm pro-2A and believe there are already too many restrictions on gun ownership, I do occasionally get asked if I "even care" about school shootings and have been asked personally if I condemn gun violence (it doesn't come up constantly, but it happens occasionally), so in that case, it's less about color than the conviction directly associated with the topic (not dissimilar from Muslims and Islamic terrorism).

The implication is pretty similar.  I effectively feel like I have to go over the top denouncing it, which is ridiculous.  Every bit as ridiculous as cornering a Muslim to make them denounce terrorism.

Spock Senior Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:26 AM
posted by geeblock

If he was only talking about Omar then I could see that but considering he said women and the other 3 were born here it just wasn’t right in my opinion. Plus the whole love it or leave it or go back to your country, is too close to “go back to Africa” in the 60s imo 

but you are not being literal with this wording.....he never used the word "country"

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:31 AM
posted by Spock

but you are not being literal with this wording.....he never used the word "country"

So he was telling AOC to go back to Brooklyn?

Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:34 AM

Read the whole statement:

"So interesting to see ‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world, now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run [...] Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."

He's 100% talking with respect to countries.  There's no skirting that he was, indeed, talking about the countries from which they draw their heritage (but aren't from, sans one of them).

Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:34 AM
posted by geeblock

She also wrote letters asking for leniency for dudes trying to go join ISIS... any comment on its own isn’t crazy, it’s all of her comments and actions as a whole. She sucks. And elected officials get asked to condemn white nationalism all the time (even though almost non-existent) yet when asked, none of those 4 clowns agreed to condemn antifa and the attack on the ICE building. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:46 AM
posted by iclfan2

She also wrote letters asking for leniency for dudes trying to go join ISIS... any comment on its own isn’t crazy, it’s all of her comments and actions as a whole. She sucks. And elected officials get asked to condemn white nationalism all the time (even though almost non-existent) yet when asked, none of those 4 clowns agreed to condemn antifa and the attack on the ICE building. 

Question are there more members of antifa or more members of white supremacy groups? Also which has killed people?

Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:52 AM
posted by geeblock

Question are there more members of antifa or more members of white supremacy groups? Also which has killed people?

Admittedly, this is a weird question.

Even if we're just talking a single, isolated terrorist ... shouldn't it be easy to denounce their acts of terrorism?  I'm not saying it's not dumb to ask them to, because it should be a given, but weighting them by size seems counterintuitive to the point of asking in the first place.

Spock Senior Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:54 AM
posted by O-Trap

Read the whole statement:

"So interesting to see ‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world, now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run [...] Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."

He's 100% talking with respect to countries.  There's no skirting that he was, indeed, talking about the countries from which they draw their heritage (but aren't from, sans one of them).

Well he didnt use that term "countries" so you cant just imply that is what he meant

Spock Senior Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:54 AM
posted by geeblock

So he was telling AOC to go back to Brooklyn?

Sure....if you want to think that he was talking about "countries" then I can think he was talking about their "districts"

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2019 9:56 AM

Sure, just seems like he continually minimizes white nationalist groups as minimal and non existent or just a few crazy people. While exaggerating antifa as having tons of people. To my knowledge antifa hasn’t killed anyone but mass shootings by those with ties to white supremacy seem to be on the rise. Admittedly I don’t know much about antifa. I rarely have come across much about them outside of this board 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login