Tue, Jul 9, 2019 2:44 PM
posted by O-Trap

Yeah, that was a bit much.

Me?

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 9, 2019 3:06 PM
posted by like_that

This is why people give you a hard time on this site.  You come up with straw man arguments, provide links to op-eds you most likely never read beyond the headline, and then throw out anecdotal shit like this.  It's incredible how many times you have been educated on this site alone and you come back for more of a beating.  I will give you props for the resilience, but at this point it's beyond pathetic you haven't picked up one thing from this site when presented with hard data and facts.  You're the definition of a useful idiot. You need to stop reading stupid shit and just get out more.  You will learn that the mass majority of people in the world really don't give a fuck about you and that's a good thing.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jul 9, 2019 3:11 PM

It's nothing worse than what I have said before, but I will take the criticism if you all feel that way. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 9, 2019 3:20 PM
posted by like_that

It's nothing worse than what I have said before, but I will take the criticism if you all feel that way. 

I didn't think it was too much. I can't say anything when I've done similar. You said nothing that wasn't a fact. People might be uncomfortable with the delivery but ehhhh I doubt it.

Personally, I think he's jackin around race baiting and you're just paying him the attention currency that he's asking for.

Tue, Jul 9, 2019 4:03 PM

I'm not sure where to put this and definitely wasn't sure if it deserved its own thread, so...

NYC is investigating a case where somebody had burned a Pride flag. I saw this talked about here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxxPObH8YU

What does everybody think? Should this be investigated/charged as a hate crime? If we're allowed to burn the American flag why should this be any different? Is burning a symbol as a way to express yourself allowed or not? Should protected classes have unassailable symbols?

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 9, 2019 4:10 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I'm not sure where to put this and definitely wasn't sure if it deserved its own thread, so...

NYC is investigating a case where somebody had burned a Pride flag. I saw this talked about here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxxPObH8YU

What does everybody think? Should this be investigated/charged as a hate crime? If we're allowed to burn the American flag why should this be any different? Is burning a symbol as a way to express yourself allowed or not? Should protected classes have unassailable symbols?

New threads are always good.

Tue, Jul 9, 2019 4:26 PM

Ok I'll carry this over to a new thread

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Jul 9, 2019 6:13 PM
posted by like_that

This is why people give you a hard time on this site.  You come up with straw man arguments, provide links to op-eds you most likely never read beyond the headline, and then throw out anecdotal shit like this.  It's incredible how many times you have been educated on this site alone and you come back for more of a beating.  I will give you props for the resilience, but at this point it's beyond pathetic you haven't picked up one thing from this site when presented with hard data and facts.  You're the definition of a useful idiot. You need to stop reading stupid shit and just get out more.  You will learn that the mass majority of people in the world really don't give a fuck about you and that's a good thing.

Actually the only one who gets triggered and gives me a hard time is you lol. Most just either keep reading or give their opinion whether they agree or not. That’s how message boards work 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jul 9, 2019 6:27 PM
posted by geeblock

Actually the only one who gets triggered and gives me a hard time is you lol. Most just either keep reading or give their opinion whether they agree or not. That’s how message boards work 

This coming from the guy who told me to go fuck myself, lol. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 9, 2019 8:50 PM
posted by geeblock

I think you are gerrymandering him. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 9, 2019 10:51 PM

I don’t think we are as far apart as u guys make it out to be but cool 

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 9, 2019 10:52 PM
posted by jmog

I think you are gerrymandering him. 

Zinger for the tenth time! Omg!! 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 9, 2019 11:39 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Personally, I think he's jackin around race baiting and you're just paying him the attention currency that he's asking for.

I don't think so.  The mother of my granddaughter who is African American is the mirror image of geeblock+.  She is dead serious and so is geeblock.  I live in a predominately white rural community (nearly 99% white) in a county that went nearly 80% Trump.  Whenever I take my granddaughter and her sister out in public white people fawn all over them.  How cute they are they say.  Their brown skin, big brown eyes and wild black spiral curls adorning their faces are just too much too resist a smile or a positive comment (white guilt for the geeblock types).  

Are there racist nutjobs silently lurking in the corners.  Likely.  But they are such a tiny marginalized minority that they STFU and go about their sorry lives without the shame of being told to GFT.  Also for the geeblock types the mother of my granddaughter is referred to as such because she is not married to my son but lives with him and is a part of our family.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 10, 2019 6:29 AM
posted by geeblock

I don’t think we are as far apart as u guys make it out to be but cool 

You literally just said that people who are against the PC brigade are only against being PC because they like being racist. That is such an asinine statement that yeah, you are far away from most on here. 

geeblock Member
Wed, Jul 10, 2019 6:34 AM

Not sure what u mean by geeblock types. I literally posted data of over 20 million traffic stops showing how black and Latinos get pulled over at disproportionate rates and are 70% more likely to get their car searched.

posted data showing blacks and Latinos are more likely to be overcharged and are given longer sentences than whites with similar records. 

Blacks and Latinos are charged higher interest rates than whites with similar credit scores. I posted this data.

unarmed blacks are killed at 3x the rate as unarmed whites. 

These all got ignored, but are all true.

I will agree we are all running the same race but stop pretending the person handing u the baton doesn’t matter. 

I have no idea what the first part of your post means or how it’s relevant but most of my life I was the cute chocolate baby with beautiful hair every time we went in pub

geeblock Member
Wed, Jul 10, 2019 6:45 AM
posted by jmog

You literally just said that people who are against the PC brigade are only against being PC because they like being racist. That is such an asinine statement that yeah, you are far away from most on here. 

I couldn’t find where I said pc brigade in my post.  I said that many people are upset they have to worry about the feelings of gays and minorities and women  If u can find the word brigade I’ll give u 100$. There seems to be a growing fear that the white culture or what it means to American is threatened. I see the terms “real Americans” used a lot more now or “true Americans” which often seems to include people who think these groups are gaining too much power

geeblock Member
Wed, Jul 10, 2019 6:51 AM

I could care less if the average person is or isn’t racist. What I care about is how these perceptions and narratives effect black people when applying for jobs or loans and promotions or in the justice system. This is why I am so passionate about speaking on these iss

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 10, 2019 8:13 AM
posted by geeblock

Not sure what u mean by geeblock types. I literally posted data of over 20 million traffic stops showing how black and Latinos get pulled over at disproportionate rates and are 70% more likely to get their car searched.

posted data showing blacks and Latinos are more likely to be overcharged and are given longer sentences than whites with similar records. 

Blacks and Latinos are charged higher interest rates than whites with similar credit scores. I posted this data.

unarmed blacks are killed at 3x the rate as unarmed whites. 

These all got ignored, but are all true.

I will agree we are all running the same race but stop pretending the person handing u the baton doesn’t matter. 

I have no idea what the first part of your post means or how it’s relevant but most of my life I was the cute chocolate baby with beautiful hair every time we went in pub

You get ignored because you gerrymander the facts/statistics.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 10, 2019 8:15 AM
posted by geeblock

people want to “take back the country from the politically correct” aka I wish I could keep saying racist homophobic shit without being called out like it used to be.

Come on Gee, don't backpeddle from this quote like you did the gerrymandering. You said the people who want to take back the country from the PC crowd are racist homophobes. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

geeblock Member
Wed, Jul 10, 2019 9:25 AM
posted by jmog

Come on Gee, don't backpeddle from this quote like you did the gerrymandering. You said the people who want to take back the country from the PC crowd are racist homophobes. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

My post says exactly what I meant it to say and isn’t as extreme as u try to make it as usual. Having to be politically correct and fighting the pc crowd are entirely two different things. I can agree that the “pc crowd” can be annoying when it goes to far. But I don’t mind being politically correct when I talk. For instance I don’t say “that’s retarded” or “that’s gay” anymore because I realize that those things are offensive to some people. My post says that some people feel they should be able to say what they want without fear or worry about what others think. That is a whole different subject imo than if u hate the pc crowd you are racist. But for you the easiest way to win an Argument is to say well everything is racist nowadays or if you do this you must be racist instead of just reading what is written and twisting it to your woe is me hard to be white in 2019 na

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login