Progressives, part 3...

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 10:51 AM

Does running a precinct vary from county to county in Ohio?  In our county, there are two democrats and two republicans running the show, with the chairperson from the party that controls the precinct based on the last election. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 10:54 AM
posted by BRF

Does running a precinct vary from county to county in Ohio?  In our county, there are two democrats and two republicans running the show, with the chairperson from the party that controls the precinct based on the last election. 

Not sure, but that's a good question.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 11:39 AM
posted by majorspark

Who runs these poor districts?

Well, and while black people are disproportionately poor, there are actually more poor white people.  But when you talk about voter ID or, apparently, polling machines....it's racist disenfranchisement.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 1:34 PM
posted by majorspark

Who runs these poor districts?

They're overwhelmingly run by Democrats, so the "equipment issues" excuse rings really hollow.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 2:35 PM
posted by geeblock

Many people in poor districts had to wait hours to vote due to broken machines even tho many showed pictures of new machines in storage. Lots of people left without voting which did have an affect on the election. As many have said Hillary was probably the biggest reason. I lumped tactics like this into the term gerrymandering loosely. Sorry for triggering you all with that confusion. Btw this dumbass really said the army took over the airports in the revolutionary war. What an idiot 

Nice try to cover up. 

Gerrymandering also has ZERO to do with “poor districts machines not working”. 

FYI, poor districts are typically ran by democrats, except in like Appalachia, but no one complains about waiting in long lines there...wonder why?

i am calling BS to your “well I just loosely used the term gerrymandering to include problem voting machines”. 

Thats like using the term flying to China on a jet to mean taking a sail boat. Both statements involve traveling but no one who has a clue about traveling would use the same term. Gerrymandering and faulty voting machines both have something to do with elections but no one who has a clue would include voting machine problems with gerrymandering. That last reply was BS and you know it. 

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 2:43 PM

LOL @ geeblock trying to recover from his dumb faceplant. 

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 2:44 PM

Trump drove the dumb libs to literally oppose the 4th of July

Classic.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 3:24 PM
posted by fish82

Classic.

Yep.  Troll level is likely the highest that we will ever see.  When the media carries your water.....its not hard to watch the meltdown

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 5:10 PM

Lol what do I have to cover up? Gerrymandering is trying to affect an election  in illegal ways. U guys try to hard to take each word literally on my last 1000 posts and never address the point. It’s a conservative board I get it. Keep jacking each other off. Same crew who supports George Zimmerman while he signs skittles bags all across the country gtfo 

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 5:29 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol what do I have to cover up? Gerrymandering is trying to affect an election  in illegal ways. U guys try to hard to take each word literally on my last 1000 posts and never address the point. It’s a conservative board I get it. Keep jacking each other off. Same crew who supports George Zimmerman while he signs skittles bags all across the country gtfo 

No, gerrymandering is re-drawing congressional districts to lump different voting blocks together to skew the total seats in Congress to your side. Yes it is illegal. 

However, and here is the key point, IT HAS ZERO TO DO WITH VOTING MACHINES. 

Just admit you messed up, didn't know what you were talking about, and move on. 

Also, you are wrong. Zimmerman is an ass. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 6:05 PM
posted by geeblock

Weird that words have actual definitions and not just what you say they mean. Spend a little less time on Vox and Slate. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 8:46 PM
posted by fish82

Classic.

It would be funny if it weren't so damn confounding. I don't why the hell they don't catch on.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 11:44 PM
posted by geeblock

There are those of use who loathe the current conservative movement and detest Donald Trump.  However, some of the criticism you've taken here is warranted.  Gerrymandering is indeed an actual thing used to affect Congress.  It doesn't, however, do anything for the presidential election.

As for whether or not the polling was difficult in particular districts, how do you mean?

Sat, Jul 6, 2019 8:27 AM
posted by O-Trap

There are those of use who loathe the current conservative movement 

How do you think the conservatives have changed "currently"? From the studies I've seen they haven't changed all that much. Rather, it shows the left veering wildly with the centrists becoming more and more silent. And even with that I think that, at least in part, some centrists moving slightly toward the right because they don't want anything to do with the direction that the left is taking. But I don't see or haven't seen where the conservatives have changed all that much. Unless you're talking about fiscal conservatism and in that case I agree, they've thrown that out of the window.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 6, 2019 4:48 PM

Ha antifa had another counter protest today in DC. They refused to let some minority reporters in bc if you’re conservative you’re a nazi. How watered down has that word become? It literally means nothing now. DC also has real cops and they’re not allowed to run the streets like in Portland. Only a true leftist loser would cover up their face and join these shit groups. Really looking forward to one of them going down.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sun, Jul 7, 2019 7:25 PM

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/the-ku-klux-klan-officially-endorses-donald-trump-for-president-a7392801.html

didn’t read the article nor am I endorsing every word in the article or advocating for the source lol 

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jul 7, 2019 10:44 PM
posted by geeblock

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/the-ku-klux-klan-officially-endorses-donald-trump-for-president-a7392801.html

didn’t read the article nor am I endorsing every word in the article or advocating for the source lol 

So you are trying to change the subject after you were dead wrong about gerrymandering affecting the POTUS election and just go back to the goto “well Trump is racist and/or racists back Trump so...”

you are digging a hole so deep here. 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 8, 2019 1:28 AM
posted by jmog

you are digging a whole so deep here. 

Mon, Jul 8, 2019 6:26 AM

Didn't the klan also support Ron Paul years ago? It seems I remember this. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jul 8, 2019 7:58 AM
posted by O-Trap

I’d like to blame autocorrect on my phone but I am not even 100% sure that’s what happened. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login