Progressives, part 3...

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 3, 2019 7:23 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

the fact the President may use the military as a prop is a fear. 

If so it will not be the first time this has happened.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 6:09 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Trump won because of the millions of people in the Midwest who were fed up with being economically raped for 2 ½ decades while the DC establishment did nothing about it. PERIOD; END OF STORY.  Get the hell over it, and get the hell used to it, because he is going to get reelected.

Lol he lost the popular vote but gerrymandering and bad polling booths in poor neighborhoods helped get him e

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 6:30 AM
posted by geeblock

Lol he lost the popular vote but gerrymandering and bad polling booths in poor neighborhoods helped get him e

popular vote doesnt mean anything.  thats what is great about our system.  the founding fathers were really smart.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 6:34 AM
posted by geeblock

Hitting the bottle a little early today? Quite the conspiracy theory on bad polling booths ya got there. Oh and gerrymandering a state wide election?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 8:33 AM

Do people realize this isn't the first time a president has showcased the military?  Anyway, I think it's a giant waste of money and I am about 95% convinced Trump is just doing it to troll.  It seems to be working. 

Thu, Jul 4, 2019 8:36 AM
posted by geeblock

lol, it's 2019 and you're still really struggling hard to figure out why Trump won.  

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 8:57 AM
posted by like_that

lol, it's 2019 and you're still really struggling hard to figure out why Trump won.  

Because the other side put up someone legitimately more despicable?

Thu, Jul 4, 2019 9:39 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

I am looking forward to gblock's theories if Trump wins again. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 9:58 AM
posted by geeblock

I don't think you understand how gerrymandering works....

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 10:03 AM
posted by like_that

I am looking forward to gblock's theories if Trump wins again. 

It will be an interesting election if the economy holds up (and I don't know exact odds, but chance of a recession looks <50%).  I think people have gotten used to Trump being Trump and it would actually be easier for people to hold their nose and vote for him in 2020.

But I think Trump will need something substantive on immigration or foreign policy, which the Dems are not going to let him have.  And it's hard to point the finger at Dems if McConnell can't get some sort of policy sent over from the Senate.

Of course, Dems could still concede that ground to Trump if they go full retard (i.e. open borders, only criticism and no solutions for Iran/NK, etc).

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 10:11 AM
posted by geeblock

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 11:53 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

More or less. I have no doubt that Crazy Uncle Bernie would have beat him.  The DNC just decided that the only person whose character was more questionable than Trump's should have the bid. To quote Jeff Daniels in Newsroom, "If liberals are so smart, how come they lose so g*ddamn always?"

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 4:00 PM
posted by geeblock

Geeblock, you should delete this post as it REALLY makes it look like you don’t understand how the POTUS election works or how gerrymandering works. 

Gerrymandering does ZERO in a POTUS election as the Electoral Votes are by state, not Congressional district. 

Gerrymandering ONLY affects the House of Representatives on the national level. 

Good lord that wasn’t an informed post at all. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 7:24 PM

*looks at what is going on in thread*

*nopes on outta here*

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 10:22 PM
posted by jmog

Geeblock, you should delete this post as it REALLY makes it look like you don’t understand how the POTUS election works or how gerrymandering works. 

Gerrymandering does ZERO in a POTUS election as the Electoral Votes are by state, not Congressional district. 

Gerrymandering ONLY affects the House of Representatives on the national level. 

Good lord that wasn’t an informed post at all. 

He’s clearly a ra-tard and still wonders why Trump won.... “they hate the blacks tho!” Being his only argument 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2019 11:53 PM
posted by iclfan2

He’s clearly a ra-tard and still wonders why Trump won.... “they hate the blacks tho!” Being his only argument 

Not understanding the limits of gerrymandering doesn't warrant that.  Just makes his statements reflective of overtly partisan sources.  Frankly not much different than a few others on here. .

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 7:16 AM
posted by O-Trap

Not understanding the limits of gerrymandering doesn't warrant that.  Just makes his statements reflective of overtly partisan sources.  Frankly not much different than a few others on here. .

It demonstrates that he doesn’t have a basic understanding of how the POTUS election works or how gerrymandering works. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 10:12 AM

Many people in poor districts had to wait hours to vote due to broken machines even tho many showed pictures of new machines in storage. Lots of people left without voting which did have an affect on the election. As many have said Hillary was probably the biggest reason. I lumped tactics like this into the term gerrymandering loosely. Sorry for triggering you all with that confusion. Btw this dumbass really said the army took over the airports in the revolutionary war. What an idiot 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 10:34 AM
posted by geeblock

Many people in poor districts had to wait hours to vote due to broken machines even tho many showed pictures of new machines in storage.

Who runs these poor districts?

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2019 10:39 AM
posted by majorspark

Who runs these poor districts?

I vote in a poor district. I can tell you in my case it's not rich white men. If there was a single Republican amongst the group of people working the polling location then I'm a Communist. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login