Progressives, part 3...

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 5:23 PM

posted by geeblock

The police are the ones specifically referenced in the articles. I should be more clear on here when I talk. When I said police brutality I should have clarified specifically the killing of unarmed blacks at a disproportionate rates. George Zimmerman travels the country getting. Skittles bags signed so please miss me with I only use my friends as the

Problem is that statistics don’t back this up. As shown above whites are actually more likely to get shot by police  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 5:29 PM

I think it was Ron Paul who was pushing the FairTax a while back.  I can see the Dems embracing that at some point, with a new name of course.  Because that's the path to a VAT.  They can't pay for all this by simply increasing taxes alone, they'll have to widen the tax base (and increase taxes).

It's going to be brutal, and we'll start seeing them chip away at it soon.  The "Wall Street tax" - which, by the way, I think FairTax needed to tax financial transactions as well - has been talked about over in Europe, too, and I think it gains steam because it both sounds like soaking the rich, while subtly expanding into the middle class (but only those with enough savings to buy stocks).  And climate change excise taxes on energy and property because, again, it's a form of consumption and wealth tax that will hit people with larger homes.

Huge tax increases on the middle class seem inevitable.  Only question is how long before it happens.  I'll peg it not as the next Dem POTUS, but the next one after that (so maybe 15-20 years).

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 5:31 PM
posted by jmog
posted by geeblock

The police are the ones specifically referenced in the articles. I should be more clear on here when I talk. When I said police brutality I should have clarified specifically the killing of unarmed blacks at a disproportionate rates. George Zimmerman travels the country getting. Skittles bags signed so please miss me with I only use my friends as the

Problem is that statistics don’t back this up. As shown above whites are actually more likely to get shot by police  

Not by percentage of the population based on fbi stats

geeblock Member
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 5:32 PM

geeblock Member
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 5:32 PM
posted by geeblock

Bet this just hope it holds lol not sure if it will show up 

geeblock Member
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 5:35 PM

It was a horse called trumps wall at scioto downs 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 5:36 PM

Whatever you posted didn't show up.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 5:53 PM
posted by jmog

That's another inconvenient truth.

The amount of police killed in the line of duty is about the same as the number of unarmed civilians killed each year.  That data is not precise, but we are talking 100, at most, blacks wrongly killed by police each year.   While that's tragic, it's a number that is literally not even significant enough to be considered "marginal".  It is 100% the wrong tree to be barking up.

geeblock Member
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 6:03 PM
posted by O-Trap

Whatever you posted didn't show up.

Ive never figured out how to post a pic from my phone. Only pics that have been online work to me 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 7:28 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Not sure if this was brought up but... Beto's war tax. Fuck this guy, he's signalling exactly what he wants to do.

I had to google it and LOL.  So, in an effort to rein in our war happy government (already at a yearly $700B budget), he wants to punish families without service members by fining them.  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 7:50 PM
posted by like_that

I had to google it and LOL.  So, in an effort to rein in our war happy government (already at a yearly $700B budget), he wants to punish families without service members by fining them.  

It’s a legit clown show. I refuse to watch the debates but it has to be great theater. 

Tue, Jun 25, 2019 8:05 PM
posted by like_that

What the flying fuck?
So, he's going to punish families for something Congress and the POTUS do?

What's the professed justification?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 8:15 PM
posted by O-Trap

What the flying fuck?
So, he's going to punish families for something Congress and the POTUS do?

What's the professed justification?

The money will go to a veteran's "trust fund."  Here is a better idea, how about not go to war? 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 8:38 PM
posted by geeblock

Not by percentage of the population based on fbi stats

Read again what I have typed. When you adjust for the fact that blacks commit more crimes and therefore are arrested more, white men are more likely or just as likely to get shot. 

I was very clear. 

FatHobbit Senior Member
9,058 posts 68 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 9:31 PM
posted by jmog

Read again what I have typed. When you adjust for the fact that blacks commit more crimes and therefore are arrested more, white men are more likely or just as likely to get shot. 

I was very clear. 

Do blacks actually commit more crimes or do they just get arrested/prosecuted more often? 

White dude rapes a girl and gets community service and they are worried about ruining his life. Black child takes a doll and police draw weapons on their parents. I can understand why someone might feel like the deck is stacked against them. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jun 25, 2019 10:36 PM
posted by FatHobbit

Do blacks actually commit more crimes or do they just get arrested/prosecuted more often? 

White dude rapes a girl and gets community service and they are worried about ruining his life. Black child takes a doll and police draw weapons on their parents. I can understand why someone might feel like the deck is stacked against them. 

It’s not that hard to google FBI crime rates. They do commit more crimes. This is not really debatable. 

Now, the reason why they do can be discussed in different thread I guess. I did read once (can’t remember where) that in the same socioeconomic stratifications blacks commit crimes at the same rate as whites, but I maybe dreaming that. So it could be due to socioeconomic reasons and not anything inherent. But the fact that blacks commit more crime is not really a debatable statistic, it’s factual information that is easily found anywhere. 

Wed, Jun 26, 2019 12:35 AM
posted by like_that

The money will go to a veteran's "trust fund."  Here is a better idea, how about not go to war? 

Fucking aye.

Basically saying, "We in Washington are going to declare war.  If your family isn't contributing manpower to the war effort, we're going to hold you financially responsible for the needs of veterans coming home."

How about you don't send them to war, Deputy Dipshit?

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 26, 2019 5:48 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Not sure if this was brought up but... Beto's war tax. Fuck this guy, he's signalling exactly what he wants to do.

Hence my statement about a war tax. You can see it in his own words here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI5lIg0oXK8

FatHobbit Senior Member
9,058 posts 68 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 26, 2019 7:25 AM
posted by jmog

It’s not that hard to google FBI crime rates. They do commit more crimes. This is not really debatable. 

Getting caught and going to jail is not the same as committing a crime. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 26, 2019 9:28 AM

Sooo everyone is now agreeing their is a border crisis?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login