Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Trimmer36 Junior Member
25 posts 5 reps Joined Nov 2010
Mon, Dec 14, 2020 8:11 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Thanks President elect Biden! 

Am I doing it right? 

You mean there might actually be U.S. infrastructure plan on the horizon?

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 14, 2020 8:44 PM

Am I doing it right? 

Change we can really really really believe in.........

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Dec 14, 2020 10:03 PM

I like how Trump dismissed Barr today while Biden was certified as President Elect. Way to go. 

You spelled resign wrong.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 16, 2020 2:05 PM

Am I doing it right? 

Yes.  Except he didn't build that.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Dec 16, 2020 2:07 PM
posted by Fletch

You spelled resign wrong.

And the resignation letter is well worth the read.  Highly complementary of Trump's enormous achievements amid unrelenting and unprecedented attacks. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Dec 16, 2020 5:03 PM
posted by QuakerOats

And the resignation letter is well worth the read.  Highly complementary of Trump's enormous achievements amid unrelenting and unprecedented attacks. 

Considering several  presidents have been shot and killed, the attacks against Trump aren't unprecedented.  Hell, the way you bitched about Obama for 8 years far exceeds most of the negativity spewed toward Trump.  Besides, Trump seeks that shit out.  It's what fuels his ego.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 27, 2020 1:35 PM

I'm impressed that Trump is not even trying to be President anymore and complaining about the relief bill, and budget without actually doing anything to fix it. 

The things he is complaining about his White House and party supported. 

His toddler tendencies may be fucking over many people right now. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Dec 28, 2020 1:35 PM

If you think his WH and party supports spending millions on gender studies in Pakistan or counting amberjacks in the gulf of Mexico, you are sadly mistaken ....again.

These are, and have been, legislative failures in the House of Representatives - nothing more and nothing less - all for the purpose of politicizing the November elections.  Legislation should have occurred long before then, but Nancy Pelosi stood in the way. 

...but hell yeah .............blame Trump, cuz its always his fault, right?

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 28, 2020 2:04 PM

I am just as annoyed with Republicans who didn’t learn anything from Trump. They claimed they were supporters  but as soon as he lost I asked an older Republican who they would support in 2024 and they said Marco Rubio. If you didn’t learn from Trump that Rubio is part of the problem then you will never learn.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 28, 2020 3:12 PM

I'm impressed that Trump is not even trying to be President anymore and complaining about the relief bill, and budget without actually doing anything to fix it. 

The things he is complaining about his White House and party supported. 

His toddler tendencies may be fucking over many people right now. 

So the President is supposed to fix bad legislation? That's an interesting view that is not in the Constitution at all. 

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 3:58 PM
posted by jmog

So the President is supposed to fix bad legislation? That's an interesting view that is not in the Constitution at all. 

Fix as in get the it where he will sign it. You know what I meant by fix it. The White House works with Congress on legislation, you know that.

President Trump just complained, and went against his own White House position on several items. 

He could have signed it on the 26th and people would not have missed the extra benefits for a week, and now they are. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Dec 28, 2020 5:09 PM

Fix as in get the it where he will sign it. You know what I meant by fix it. The White House works with Congress on legislation, you know that.

President Trump just complained, and went against his own White House position on several items. 

He could have signed it on the 26th and people would not have missed the extra benefits for a week, and now they are. 

And the lazy politicians could have put it together and tried a budget and covid bills months ago instead of in the 23rd hour.  Once again, blame Trump at all costs when this disaster is soley on the Dems and the house for not getting it done along time ago.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 28, 2020 6:15 PM

Both parties share this blame equally because they both were more concerned about any bills regarding COVID/stimulus being done in a way where they got what they wanted in it and the other side wouldn't be able to take credit for something that would actually have meaning for people and might be in their minds the next time they're voting.

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 6:43 PM
posted by Spock

And the lazy politicians could have put it together and tried a budget and covid bills months ago instead of in the 23rd hour.  Once again, blame Trump at all costs when this disaster is soley on the Dems and the house for not getting it done along time ago.

You are wrong on all accounts as usual. 

Trump went against his own White House and his Treasury Secretary finalized. The Ds and Rs were also far apart as the Ds wanted the $2k (like Trump wants) and more for state and local govs, and the Senate Rs wanted less funds and liability protections. 

That was the delay for months.

Then, both items were dropped and it passed.

Then, Trump went against his own plan after it was passed. If he didn't like it, then he should have voiced it during the negotiations, but instead he went on and on about bullshit election conspiracies during negotiations.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Dec 28, 2020 6:55 PM

I truly can’t believe you are laying the blame on this on the President and not Congress for literally waiting MONTHS to do this and spewing out a crap piece of legislation at the last minute  

Yeah, it’s the POTUS fault.

Come on ptown, you are smarter than that. 

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 7:04 PM
posted by jmog

I truly can’t believe you are laying the blame on this on the President and not Congress for literally waiting MONTHS to do this and spewing out a crap piece of legislation at the last minute  

Yeah, it’s the POTUS fault.

Come on ptown, you are smarter than that. 

As in the President is going against his own White House and his own party to go after a bill after it has passed? Sure.

If the President really wanted voice his displeasure with the bill...then he should have better explained that to his own White House and his own party in the Senate before passage. 

There is a reason why members of the White House and Congress were stunned when the President released his bullshit video a few days ago. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Dec 29, 2020 12:25 AM

As in the President is going against his own White House and his own party to go after a bill after it has passed? Sure.

If the President really wanted voice his displeasure with the bill...then he should have better explained that to his own White House and his own party in the Senate before passage. 

There is a reason why members of the White House and Congress were stunned when the President released his bullshit video a few days ago. 

Sometimes I wonder why you even pretend to be “neutral”.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Dec 29, 2020 6:10 AM
posted by jmog

not sure anyone on here is nuetral

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 29, 2020 6:23 AM
posted by Spock

not sure anyone on here is nuetral

What about neutral though?

Tue, Dec 29, 2020 5:58 PM
posted by jmog

Lol. 

Let me be generic then.

The officials from the White House worked with both houses of Congress on a bill.

After the bill was passed by both chambers with each side giving on issues and White House involvement,  the President then decided to alter his own position from his own White House to threaten to veto the bill after it was passed. 

His own staff did not know of this change, nor were any members of Congress of his own party in the loop. 

Now, you tell me what I got wrong. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login