Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 12:47 PM
posted by QuakerOats

All real Americans care about are the policies and the results ……..all of which have been highly favorable to real Americans over the last 3 years.  The vitriol is for the left to go bonkers over.

Getting a flashback to Tiernan's "USA AMERICAN" now with this bit of verbal fellatio.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 1:02 PM

If being a "Real American" means blindly idolizing this orange jackass, you can call me fake.

BUT BUT THE MEDIA!

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 1:16 PM

Policies and results lol 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 2:49 PM

LOL, Trump is on pace to run out of music for his rallies.  He has more cease & desist orders than Napster.

Automatik Senior Member
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 2:56 PM

Has Real American by Rick Derringer been used yet?

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 3:17 PM
posted by Automatik

Has Real American by Rick Derringer been used yet?

Lol wasn’t this Hulk Hogan’s intro at one point?

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 3:51 PM
posted by Rotinaj

Lol wasn’t this Hulk Hogan’s intro at one point?

If my memories of my youth aren't lying to me, I think for a good chunk of the time back when he was a huge star and the WWF was exploding with Wrestlemania starting up and Saturday Night's Main Event was a thing.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 4:19 PM
posted by gut

LOL, Trump is on pace to run out of music for his rallies.  He has more cease & desist orders than Napster.

All you need is one cheap license from BMI or ASCAP

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 4:20 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Policies and results lol 

Policies and results

Automatik Senior Member
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 4:52 PM
posted by Heretic

If my memories of my youth aren't lying to me, I think for a good chunk of the time back when he was a huge star and the WWF was exploding with Wrestlemania starting up and Saturday Night's Main Event was a thing.

Yes. One of the greatest USA songs of all time.

Fri, Jun 26, 2020 10:42 PM

Russia/Putin put bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan. Trump has known for months and hasn’t done anything. Let’s see how CC and QO soon this one. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jun 27, 2020 3:14 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Russia/Putin put bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan. Trump has known for months and hasn’t done anything. Let’s see how CC and QO soon this one. 

Link?  That sounds like Alex Jones-level fake news.

Sat, Jun 27, 2020 8:37 AM
posted by gut

Link?  That sounds like Alex Jones-level fake news.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.html

Sat, Jun 27, 2020 9:14 AM

Feel like it isn’t news in 2020 if the news doesn’t seem so crazy that it has to be made up. Lol

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jun 27, 2020 11:11 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Feel like it isn’t news in 2020 if the news doesn’t seem so crazy that it has to be made up. Lol

That's pretty bad if it's true (and seems to be a lot of compelling detail in the story, which is very different from the usual fake news piece).  It certainly would be good grounds to deny them re-entry into the G8.

Although I don't know if it is that surprising that our enemies are doing stuff like this.  I'd be interested to know if it was actually a bounty, or much more generic overall financial support - the latter wouldn't be that shocking given that we've done that all over the world, including the Soviet-Afghan war.  Which might also explain why there wasn't a public accusation or retaliation. 

But LOL at the blatantly transparent attempt from NYT to revive the Russia collusion narrative and manufacture a scandal.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jun 27, 2020 11:20 PM

Also, nothing like a pandemic to really put wasteful, useless wars into perspective.

And if countries do pull back from China, we'll see an interesting case study. A lot of this posturing and foreign diplomacy might be rendered meaningless by the power of good 'ol capitalism.  Tariffs and trade are about the only thing I've seen make China blink - 30+ years of talking tough certainly didn't accomplish anything.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 28, 2020 4:30 AM

Putin is still pissed we sent a couple hundred Russians home from Syria in body bags.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Jun 29, 2020 5:42 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Lies

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 29, 2020 6:07 PM

The Russia/ Afghan story does sound like it has merit to it. The NYT has a pretty good track record throughout its history with breaking stories like this. It is also classic Washington. A member of part of the bureaucracy leaks a story that they felt the administration should have acted on. We see this in every White House going back years.  This has enough sources tied to it that I highly doubt it is fake. 

It seems like members of the intelligence community or people inside the White House/ NSC felt we should have done something, so they leaked the story. I do kinda buy that Pence or Trump were not briefed on it, as it may have only been discussed at the National Security Advisor or multi-agency level at the White House. That lower level brief may have happened in March. Maybe the intelligent agencies needed more time to verify exactly if American service members were killed because of the bounty before they briefed the President. 

But, if the report was part of the Presidential Daily Intel Brief..that is pretty damning and Trump should have known that then. 

gut Senior Member
Mon, Jun 29, 2020 6:18 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

But, if the report was part of the Presidential Daily Intel Brief..that is pretty damning and Trump should have known that then. 

Since when did Trump start taking his briefings?

I'm sure the story is legit, but it's not hard to see the NYT pushing this story with Obama as "financial support" that becomes a "bounty" with Trump.  The former just doesn't rise to the level of bombshell.

But what should the response be?  I assume a bounty would be a war crime?  Or just slap more useless sanctions on them?

CNN analyst the other day was saying "Putin has been emboldened by Trump".  Ummmm, were you asleep from 2008-2016?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login