Disgusted with the Biden administration

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 25, 2023 1:58 PM
posted by majorspark

The Nile river, strategic Red Sea coastline, valuable minerals, impoverished population, foreign powers jockeying for influence. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 25, 2023 2:14 PM
posted by iclfan2

Well, Biden just announced he's running and he'll need an excuse to stay locked in his basement....

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 25, 2023 3:32 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

This thread is at least entertaining

Can't we all just get along. 

:)

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 25, 2023 6:08 PM

I suspect that it's the search words being used that is prohibitive to finding what you're looking for.

When people think of the NRA, they tend to think of just the 'nra' when in fact, it charters a shit ton of chartered outliers that are under it's affiliation. And while the NRA has compromised numerous times over the years (think Chicago), using incrementalism to keep going towards the goal, most of these charters did not. And were quite successful in their advocating, arguing and lobbying. In fact, the NRA has often worked with the NAACP. One of the biggest examples of this happening is when Robert Williams worked in and with both in regards to the Kissing case. He is one of the people who chartered with the NRA in order to start fighting back against the KKK (which is where the myth of how the NRA started probably comes from, not sure). Maneuvering around like this happened not only in New York (where the NRA started) but all over the south. And there were/are other gun rights advocacies as well, it's just that the NRA gets all the attention. 

I don't know anything about the NRA's involvement, or to what extent, with the Black Panthers. Maybe I'll get into that tonight if I get a lunch break.

Tue, Apr 25, 2023 6:32 PM

I'd like to know WTF are the democrats in DC even thinking.

AOC has already made it quite clear that she wants government to strong arm social medias to censor and ban. That's well established. But she has just recently had a talk with Jen Psaki saying that she wants government to ban FOX news hots and go after them for incitement. Also dems have very recently gone after Matt Taibbi, threatening to imprison him, because he accidently mixed up CIS with CISA in the twitter files, which he ultimately corrected.

Are the dems doing this in the hopes that it will help keep Biden in office? WHY... are they being so authoritarian and heavy handed when it comes to journalists, reporters, media personalities, etc.?! 
Who was President when the Julian Assange thing went down? Barrack Obama? A democrat?
The dems are building an extremely bad history with all of this and I think it's going to catch up to them at some point. 

Everybody here can have their own ideas and opinions about things like what Chelsea Manning did, Julian Assange, Matt Taibbi, Tucker Carlson, whoever. But the democrats, as a party, have real political power and boy have they been flexing it. It's especially interesting to me how dems shit their pants over republicans all the time, calling them every sort of ist/phobe imaginable, but are apparently blind in one eye when it comes to things like this. Absolutely amazing.

Now they are not going to have any presidential primaries. Their only going in one direction and it's not good. For anybody.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Apr 25, 2023 6:50 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

AOC has already made it quite clear that she wants government to strong arm social medias to censor and ban. T.

As always, it's only about winning elections - don't you know that Fox lies are the only thing keeping Dems from winning every election?

Tongue in cheek, but it's not far from the truth.  There are only a handful of conservative outlets with any audience that counter the Dem narrative.  And the support for their agenda is typically not grounded in science or logic, which is why they seek to squash debate and dissent.

And that all sort of brings us back to "so, what, your solution is to just do nothing?!?".  No, however absent a practical and feasible solution, the first rule is "do no harm".  And you have one party that believes in the omniscient Big Gubmit, and actively manufactures "problems" in need of fixing.  And the rub is they never fix anything, because you can't fix a problem that doesn't exist, and even if you could voters prefer people that promise to fix shit rather than people that actually fixed something.

Tue, Apr 25, 2023 6:58 PM

They’re also doubling down on the idea that government schools know what’s best for children.

Tue, Apr 25, 2023 7:48 PM
posted by iclfan2

They’re also doubling down on the idea that government schools know what’s best for children.

Agreed. This is one of the reasons why there is such a pushback against teachers/unions that are more worried about how many tissues a child brings to school and what their pronouns are rather than being worried about reading comprehension, ability to do math or even if students can tell the difference between paying interest on a loan or paying down the principal of a loan.

Joe Biden has been making it a point to say that teachers need a raise. With so many Americans struggling financially right now, yes, let's focus on taking more from them:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1650542484852813834?s=20

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Apr 26, 2023 10:47 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

AOC has already made it quite clear that she wants government to strong arm social medias to censor and ban. That's well established. But she has just recently had a talk with Jen Psaki saying that she wants government to ban FOX news hots and go after them for incitement. Also dems have very recently gone after Matt Taibbi, threatening to imprison him, because he accidently mixed up CIS with CISA in the twitter files, which he ultimately corrected.

Are the dems doing this in the hopes that it will help keep Biden in office? WHY... are they being so authoritarian and heavy handed when it comes to journalists, reporters, media personalities, etc.?! 
Who was President when the Julian Assange thing went down? Barrack Obama? A democrat?
The dems are building an extremely bad history with all of this and I think it's going to catch up to them at some point. 

Everybody here can have their own ideas and opinions about things like what Chelsea Manning did, Julian Assange, Matt Taibbi, Tucker Carlson, whoever. But the democrats, as a party, have real political power and boy have they been flexing it. It's especially interesting to me how dems shit their pants over republicans all the time, calling them every sort of ist/phobe imaginable, but are apparently blind in one eye when it comes to things like this. Absolutely amazing.

Now they are not going to have any presidential primaries. Their only going in one direction and it's not good. For anybody.

The leftist's ideas are bankrupt and world history is littered with their corpses, so they know they have to control the message in order to retain power, hence the assaults on the truth seekers/promoters, and the fascist attempts at censoring and silencing speech.  

Better buckle up because it is obvious it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, if ever. 

Wed, Apr 26, 2023 12:19 PM

How is this real life?

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 26, 2023 1:33 PM

LMAO. We are toast.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Apr 26, 2023 1:43 PM
posted by iclfan2

How is this real life?

And to think just a few years ago we went from winning every week, to this. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 26, 2023 4:29 PM
posted by iclfan2

How is this real life?

As far as I know the Secretary of Energy has zero input or influence to what the DOD does or procures. 

A better answer would be to differ to the DOD. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Apr 26, 2023 4:54 PM
posted by QuakerOats

And to think just a few years ago we went from winning every week, to this. 

Trump wasn’t winning shit.  Granted he looks better than this old fool, but he didn’t “win” a thing.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 26, 2023 7:44 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Trump wasn’t winning shit.  Granted he looks better than this old fool, but he didn’t “win” a thing.

Not true. He won Quaker's heart and is the reason he has about two dozen really crusty socks that he's had to dispose of over the years.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 26, 2023 8:14 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

As far as I know the Secretary of Energy has zero input or influence to what the DOD does or procures. 

A better answer would be to differ to the DOD. 

Maybe not. But they’re clearly insane if they endorse this idea and they have a cabinet position. They aren’t sending their best.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Apr 26, 2023 8:26 PM
posted by justincredible

Maybe not. But they’re clearly insane if they endorse this idea and they have a cabinet position. They aren’t sending their best.

I always say pay attention to what they DO, not what they chirp about.  Climate change, for the most part, has resulted in a bunch of subsidies to companies that probably don't deserve it (that's what government does).  Otherwise, all the nutjobs that think the world is ending in 10 years are finally starting to realize that it's mostly just a bunch of empty virtue-signaling and "real" action only happens at the intersection of some other agenda or objective.

Thu, Apr 27, 2023 1:09 AM

Of course...

Of course some of the republicans are getting on board the Biden train and also want war with China.

What other country will we be warring against in the future? Will it be multiple wars in multiple directions? 

Absolutely sick of it!

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Apr 27, 2023 10:42 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Give it a rest; it was some of the best years we've ever had.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 27, 2023 11:27 AM

I'm sure the Mahoning Valley was absolutely thriving during Trump's tenure.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login