Disgusted with the Biden administration

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 1:00 PM
posted by Heretic

As I've said before, maybe the Rs should have tried running someone more qualified than a quack TV doctor against the stroke guy. They only have themselves to blame in some of these states (Georgia for another) because they trotted out complete clowns.

Oh, and since Pennsylvania's House representation is only 9-8 in favor of the Ds and voted for Trump in 2016, I'm guessing it's more a battleground state than one that only looks at the letter in front of the name. Senate might be 2-0 Ds, but like I said, that's on the Rs for putting up a joke candidate and hoping Trump's endorsement still carried enough weight.

Sorry, should've rephrased it to "NYC & Philly would elect a cornflake if it had a 'D' in front of it." Not so much the rest of the state of NY & PA.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 1:09 PM

It also doesn't matter if people are brain-dead because they just rubber stamp the party agenda, any way.

Sort of a prerequisite for partisan gridlock.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 1:12 PM
posted by Heretic

As I've said before, maybe the Rs should have tried running someone more qualified than a quack TV doctor against the stroke guy. They only have themselves to blame in some of these states (Georgia for another) because they trotted out complete clowns.

Oh, and since Pennsylvania's House representation is only 9-8 in favor of the Ds and voted for Trump in 2016, I'm guessing it's more a battleground state than one that only looks at the letter in front of the name. Senate might be 2-0 Ds, but like I said, that's on the Rs for putting up a joke candidate and hoping Trump's endorsement still carried enough weight.

The Dr. was a far, far, far better candidate and far, far, far more qualified for the position.  But, the dems were smart to hide Fetterman for as long as they can, securing over a million votes via the ridiculous mail-in harvested ballots method before they had to march him out in a debate a week before the election; the election was already over.  PA sent a horse's ass to D.C., and we'll all suffer because of it. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 1:41 PM
posted by QuakerOats

The Dr. was a far, far, far better candidate and far, far, far more qualified for the position.  But, the dems were smart to hide Fetterman for as long as they can, securing over a million votes via the ridiculous mail-in harvested ballots method before they had to march him out in a debate a week before the election; the election was already over.  PA sent a horse's ass to D.C., and we'll all suffer because of it. 

I throw the "get a better candidate" argument out the window because there may be a more even R to D vote in outlying areas of those states (PA/NY) but when you get into the heavily congested areas (NYC/Philly) my argument about "voting for a cornflake" holds true. They don't care who the better candidate is, they're just going to vote the party line. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 1:48 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Lol. Your constant tears never cease to amuse. I'm far, far, far more amused now than I was before reading this. Far, far, far!

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 2:58 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

By the way, I’d be curious to see a thread on this site where you admit you were wrong and “change your mind” on any topic of substance.  I can’t recall a one.

I'm not searching down years old threads, but I can tell you topics that I have changed my mind that have been definitely on this website.

I used to believe marriage should be only 1 man, 1 woman, that same sex marriages should just be "civil unions". Now I believe that any adult should be allowed to get married, the only "hard" stance I have now is that no one should be allowed to sue clergy and other wedding workers for not wanting to work for their wedding if they don't believe in it religiously.

I used to be (before OC time) a staunch conservative, 20 years ago would vote right down the R party line. Now not so much, because they suck balls too.

I used to be against any police reform at all, supported police in about everything. Now I am all for removing implied immunity, the fact that they self "police" with Internal Affairs, etc. Police violence in general (not specific to any one race) is way too high and needs to be fixed.

I was originally wrong on George Floyd. As soon as the video came out I changed my tune immediately and called it murder by cop, because it was.

I mean I could keep going if you like, but that should suffice, no?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 3:26 PM
posted by jmog

Yes it does.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 9, 2023 1:23 PM
posted by jmog

I'm not searching down years old threads, but I can tell you topics that I have changed my mind that have been definitely on this website.

I used to believe marriage should be only 1 man, 1 woman, that same sex marriages should just be "civil unions". Now I believe that any adult should be allowed to get married, the only "hard" stance I have now is that no one should be allowed to sue clergy and other wedding workers for not wanting to work for their wedding if they don't believe in it religiously.

I used to be (before OC time) a staunch conservative, 20 years ago would vote right down the R party line. Now not so much, because they suck balls too.

I used to be against any police reform at all, supported police in about everything. Now I am all for removing implied immunity, the fact that they self "police" with Internal Affairs, etc. Police violence in general (not specific to any one race) is way too high and needs to be fixed.

I was originally wrong on George Floyd. As soon as the video came out I changed my tune immediately and called it murder by cop, because it was.

Good to see you have admitted being wrong on most social issues....keep that in mind as you debate the topics of today.....

You still going with the Biden has dementia argument Dr.? 

I think you even said something to the effect of he wouldn't make it through the term. 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Feb 9, 2023 3:50 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Good to see you have admitted being wrong on most social issues....keep that in mind as you debate the topics of today.....

You still going with the Biden has dementia argument Dr.? 

I think you even said something to the effect of he wouldn't make it through the term. 

I still believe most people understand his cognitive function has diminished significantly since he was VP. If you want to call that Alzheimer’s, dementia, or  something else so be it.

That is still painfully obvious whenever watching him try to make it through any non prepared speech.

And I hope you pay attention to someone admitting their faults as maybe you won’t be nearly as pretentious in your virtue signaling and “oh, I’m middle of the road” schtick.

And as of a couple months ago the average American agreed he was in bad health and it was basically split even on his mentally being able to do the job.

So yeah, I’m the one off my rocker on this topic…

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/11/17/poll-biden-mental-fitness-job-approval-522785

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Feb 9, 2023 4:56 PM
posted by jmog

i would enjoy a few more lol

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 10, 2023 7:19 PM
posted by jmog

I still believe most people understand his cognitive function has diminished significantly since he was VP. If you want to call that Alzheimer’s, dementia, or  something else so be it.

That is still painfully obvious whenever watching him try to make it through any non prepared speech.

And I hope you pay attention to someone admitting their faults as maybe you won’t be nearly as pretentious in your virtue signaling and “oh, I’m middle of the road” schtick.

And as of a couple months ago the average American agreed he was in bad health and it was basically split even on his mentally being able to do the job.

So yeah, I’m the one off my rocker on this topic…

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/11/17/poll-biden-mental-fitness-job-approval-522785

You know it is one thing to say he is old and a completely different one to say he has dementia?

You still have not figured that out.

I agree, he is too old, and should not run in 24. 

I just find it funny, a lot of your things you are wrong are on the social issues side. Again, just something to think about as we talk now a days on topics.

Oh, I've been wrong on a few things. The big one for me was Iraq. I supported the war back in 2003. 

A few Obama related items, wrong on. I thought Trump would be way worse, wrong on that one. He was terrible, but wasn't the disaster I thought. 

I was wrong on Dewine. Thought he would be a train wreck and have been surprised. 

Those are ones off top of my head. 

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Feb 12, 2023 10:09 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

You know it is one thing to say he is old and a completely different one to say he has dementia?

You still have not figured that out.

I agree, he is too old, and should not run in 24. 

I just find it funny, a lot of your things you are wrong are on the social issues side. Again, just something to think about as we talk now a days on topics.

Oh, I've been wrong on a few things. The big one for me was Iraq. I supported the war back in 2003. 

A few Obama related items, wrong on. I thought Trump would be way worse, wrong on that one. He was terrible, but wasn't the disaster I thought. 

I was wrong on Dewine. Thought he would be a train wreck and have been surprised. 

Those are ones off top of my head. 

There’s a difference in being old and being mentally compromised. Be real here.

The man loses track of where he is walking, forgets he just met some people, talks about dead people like they are alive, and can’t form full sentences when not reading off a teleprompter.

Playing if off that he is “just old” is asinine. He isn’t much older than my parents or a number of my coworkers and all of them can have lucid conversations and don’t fumble over every other word.

He literally read directly “repeat saying” on a teleprompter Ron Burgandy style rather than actually repeating the phrase like a cognitive human being would understand.

I had 2 different grandparents pass away in the last 5 years one from cancer and one from dementia.

My grandma that passed from cancer was older than Biden but up until the last couple days could talk to you like she was still 40 years old.

My grandpa who died from dementia was really out of touch with reality for the last couple years.

Which one do you think Biden is closer to? If you’re being honest you wouldn’t say the one that was 100% cognitive until the last couple days.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Feb 13, 2023 2:04 PM
posted by Heretic

Nothing else more needs to be said.  Rs lost this seat.  This was a very winnable seat.  Rs lost a lot of very winnable seats and only have themselves to blame. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 16, 2023 6:18 PM

Biden is fit as a fiddle and Fetterman is hospitalized with "clinical depression".  You got to wonder how poisoned with politics these doctors have become. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Feb 16, 2023 10:07 PM

I’m 52 years old. Never in my life do I recall these doctors ever saying but “the (current) president is perfectly healthy”.  This despite the obvious fact that Uncle Joe should be facing a Bingo card as opposed to a Situational Report.  These checkups are rubber stamps and always have been. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 17, 2023 1:15 AM

I’m 52 years old. Never in my life do I recall these doctors ever saying but “the (current) president is perfectly healthy”.  This despite the obvious fact that Uncle Joe should be facing a Bingo card as opposed to a Situational Report.  These checkups are rubber stamps and always have been. 

The reality is the POTUS is little more than Chief Propagandist these days.  Just the party spokeperson.

I've been saying for years the real power is Speaker of the House, and to a bit lesser extent Senate Majority Leader.

After Obama, Trump and Biden....if you still think the POTUS is some sort of puppet-master, then you haven't been paying attention. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 17, 2023 12:44 PM

My favorite was the over-the-top style of Trump's doctor where he referred to him as the "healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency" and that his "physical strength and stamina are extraordinary". Despite how, you know, fat-ass whose main feats of athleticism involved golfing.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Feb 17, 2023 1:48 PM
posted by majorspark

Biden is fit as a fiddle and Fetterman is hospitalized with "clinical depression".  You got to wonder how poisoned with politics these doctors have become. 

No mention by the doctor of Dementia Joe's dementia or any mental health evaluation results.   Much rather have a mentally sharp pres in a wheelchair, than a dementia sufferer on a bicycle. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 17, 2023 8:33 PM

You missed the other side of the point.  The other guy who should also be facing a bingo card has been "voluntarily" incarcerated indefinitely at Walter Reed under the guise of "clinical depression". 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Feb 21, 2023 9:58 AM

The president spends Presidents Day in Ukraine.  Ok.   Sure seems as if he and his puppet masters are inching us closer to full-scale war.  Blowing up Nordstream pipeline was probably the first formal volley last year; followed up with tens of billions of dollars, now tanks, then aircraft soon to follow.  

These are the people who said Trump would start WWIII.  How can this regime be trusted at all?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login