Disgusted with the Biden administration

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 8:42 PM
posted by geeblock

Weird instead of schooling me with the amazing legislation he has passed or how well florida is doing in so many categories, you choose instead to sling insults 

The fact that you think governors pass legislation makes me sad that you are an educator. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 4, 2022 10:47 AM
posted by sportchampps

It’s funny you say this as I’ve had 3-4 friends move to Florida who were Democrats all of them are now Republicans and love Desantis. The big change came during Covid. 

I have family and friends in Florida; they understand he may need to go to D.C., but they will hate to see him go. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Oct 4, 2022 10:54 AM
posted by sportchampps

It’s funny you say this as I’ve had 3-4 friends move to Florida who were Democrats all of them are now Republicans and love Desantis. The big change came during Covid. 

A ton of his supporters had a big change during covid. Unfortunately for Desantis,  they can't vote anymore. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Oct 4, 2022 11:11 AM

The GOP is a party that thrives on the cult of personality on a national level whereas dems seem to do this on the local level (at least at present).  Desantis has a sense of this and is building his following the way Trump did - based upon grievences.  His appeal to the middle will be "I'm not Trump". 

For the next two years, we'll hear about what a Shangri La Florida is and how Desantis is going to bring this to the rest of us.  If Florida is the model we're striving toward...good grief.

And our choice will be between that and a guy who should be playing shuffleboard, and being reminded to take his fiber supplements and drink his water, and spend time with his grandchildren.  

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Oct 4, 2022 11:13 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

The GOP is a party that thrives on the cult of personality on a national level whereas dems seem to do this on the local level (at least at present).  Desantis has a sense of this and is building his following the way Trump did - based upon grievences.  His appeal to the middle will be "I'm not Trump". 

For the next two years, we'll hear about what a Shangri La Florida is and how Desantis is going to bring this to the rest of us.  If Florida is the model we're striving toward...good grief.

And our choice will be between that and a guy who should be playing shuffleboard, and being reminded to take his fiber supplements and drink his water, and spend time with his grandchildren.  

We are going to hear the lie of how DeSantis screwed up the hurricane issue....we all know that its a lie

Tue, Oct 4, 2022 11:14 AM
posted by Fletch

We are going to hear the lie of how DeSantis screwed up the hurricane issue....we all know that its a lie

"hurricane issue"?  WTF

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Oct 4, 2022 1:31 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Almost comical

QuakerOats Senior Member
like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Oct 4, 2022 3:31 PM
posted by kizer permanente

A ton of his supporters had a big change during covid. Unfortunately for Desantis,  they can't vote anymore. 

DEATHSANTIS! 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Oct 5, 2022 12:24 PM

"True equity means equity of outcome, and not accepting the promise of ‘opportunity’ within a system that continues to systematically exclude," Wong wrote. "It demands redistribution of resources—especially when wealth for some has been extracted from many—and a redistribution of decision-making power."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vice-chair-treasury-depts-new-racial-equity-committee-wants-defund-police-center-race-all-policy

Another Marxist appointed by the Biden regime .....Treasury Dept.  

Enjoy paying another salary for an enemy of America. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 8, 2022 7:56 AM

I got 2 words for you…  Made in America! 

Sat, Oct 8, 2022 7:58 AM
posted by iclfan2

I got 2 words for you…  Made in America! 

“Where’s Jackie?  She’d agree with me.  Jackie, you here?”

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Oct 13, 2022 11:07 AM

8.2%

FJB and all leftists

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, Oct 13, 2022 11:13 AM

Nov. 8 cant get here fast enough

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 13, 2022 2:14 PM

I don't really look at this thread often so this is a week or so late to the discussion, but...

DeSantis is about the only name out there that one, has a shot at winning the Presidency, and two, isn't a complete moron. Who can the Dems run that can beat him? He's a prototypical politician so I'd never fully trust him, but I think he knows how to play the game better than Trump ever did. He's not perfect (only Thomas Massie is so that's unfair (this is a joke, but only kinda)), but he's the clearcut top choice IMO.

Thu, Oct 13, 2022 2:22 PM
posted by justincredible

I don't really look at this thread often so this is a week or so late to the discussion, but...

DeSantis is about the only name out there that one, has a shot at winning the Presidency, and two, isn't a complete moron. Who can the Dems run that can beat him? He's a prototypical politician so I'd never fully trust him, but I think he knows how to play the game better than Trump ever did. He's not perfect (only Thomas Massie is so that's unfair (this is a joke, but only kinda)), but he's the clearcut top choice IMO.

I'd probably vote for him as of today.  But there is something particularly slimy about him that I don't trust.  As you said, that's all of them to an extent.   But he's populist of the first order and I am fairly certain he'd say whatever he needs to to gain power.

I can't wait to listen to two years of hearing about what a paradise Florida is.  It is a paradise for about 5% of it's population.  The rest is the biggest shithole of a state in the union - and I lived in Alabama for six years.

But I'd take Desantis over Trump or Biden.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Oct 13, 2022 2:33 PM

I'll pass on four years of unnecessary legislation on things that don't exist if his time in florida is any indication.

Thu, Oct 13, 2022 2:36 PM

Don't say gay, amirite?

Thu, Oct 13, 2022 2:48 PM

Credit where due to Biden, it does look like he's taking steps to end the ridiculous federal war on cannabis. Looking at his twitter, that announcement was, by far, his most popular tweet as far as likes go. I think Trump dropped the ball by not doing this exact thing at some point towards the end of his term. I think it might have got him a second one. He wouldn't have lost many votes on the right, but would have picked up a TON in the middle and on the left, imo.

I don't think this really moves the needle for Biden in the election but may help a bit at mid-terms?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Oct 13, 2022 3:47 PM

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login