posted by geeblock

I would take trump 20x over desantis 

Why? Also why I hope Trump doesn’t run…

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Oct 1, 2022 8:13 PM
posted by iclfan2

Why? Also why I hope Trump doesn’t run…

Desantis runs with more fake news than trump and that’s hard to do. I put him in the same group with Ted Cruz, gaetz, Abbott , Marjorie, boebart, Lindsey graham. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 1, 2022 8:47 PM
posted by geeblock

Desantis runs with more fake news than trump and that’s hard to do. I put him in the same group with Ted Cruz, gaetz, Abbott , Marjorie, boebart, Lindsey graham. 

I disagree. He’s nothing like the people you mentioned. Graham is also not the same as the others. I give your some are clowns. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 1, 2022 8:51 PM
posted by geeblock

Tell us you watch too much far left goobledeegook without telling us  

geeblock Member
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 8:02 AM

Most of the issues and bills ha fights for don’t even exist. His recent comments about history and slavery being the reasons for the revolutionary war or whatever I don’t feel like looking it up, crt in math books ect..(proven false), I could go on but I don’t think it would make a difference.  The GOP now is more about making headlines and fearmongering more than it is about creating any real legislation or helping their own states. 

If you like him that’s fine, just because I don’t is no reason to sling insults or act like I’m not smart enough to decide which candidates I support. I didn’t mention anyones name who does like him, I simply said I don’t. Really nothing to argue about.  Also just because I don’t like the people you like doesn’t make me left wing or even a Democrat. Given the choices on the right I don’t thing I’m alone I’m not finding much there. 

geeblock Member
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 8:13 AM
posted by jmog

Tell us you watch too much far left goobledeegook without telling us  

Weird instead of schooling me with the amazing legislation he has passed or how well florida is doing in so many categories, you choose instead to sling insults 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 9:27 AM
posted by geeblock

His recent comments about history and slavery being the reasons for the revolutionary war  

DeSantis said slavery was the reason for the revolutionary war?

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 9:29 AM
posted by geeblock

The GOP now is more about making headlines and fearmongering more than it is about creating any real legislation or helping their own states. 

Politics 101

geeblock Member
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 10:57 AM
posted by majorspark

DeSantis said slavery was the reason for the revolutionary war?

He said something like the abolition of slavery only happened because of the revolutionary war or something idk remember exactly but it was really dumb 

geeblock Member
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 11:01 AM

“It was the American Revolution that caused people to question slavery. No one had questioned it before we decided as Americans that we are endowed by our creator with unalienable rights,” he said.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 5:26 PM
posted by geeblock

The GOP now is more about making headlines and fearmongering more than it is about creating any real legislation or helping their own states. . 

My goodness....That sounds just like the Democratic party the last 20+ years!
majorspark Senior Member
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 8:57 PM
posted by geeblock

“It was the American Revolution that caused people to question slavery. No one had questioned it before we decided as Americans that we are endowed by our creator with unalienable rights,” he said.

I interpret that comment as a take on the beginning of governmental action.  Not that no individual or groups of them questioned slavery prior to the revolution. The 3/5 compromise was the beginning then came the shedding of blood. Its over.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 7:12 AM
posted by geeblock

I understand how some would see that as controversial but he told no lies.

No one was talking about abolishing slavery before the Revolution.

Immediately after the northern states were talking about it and the 3/5ths compromise was the first step in getting rid of it.

Another case of the left getting bent out of shape when a R says something that maybe factual

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 8:44 AM

I consider myself more of a Libertarian than a Republican but am registered R because Florida doesn't have open primaries. I don't agree with all Rs and sometimes agree with things the Ds say. I don't toe any line, but I will say this, Ron Desantis is the best Governor this state has had in quite a while. People that live in Florida love him, and only people that drink from the faucet of left media will say otherwise. He has the entire right all the way through moderate and right-leaning Dems in his pocket here. 

geeblock Member
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 11:18 AM

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 2:27 PM
posted by brutus161

I consider myself more of a Libertarian than a Republican but am registered R because Florida doesn't have open primaries. I don't agree with all Rs and sometimes agree with things the Ds say. I don't toe any line, but I will say this, Ron Desantis is the best Governor this state has had in quite a while. People that live in Florida love him, and only people that drink from the faucet of left media will say otherwise. He has the entire right all the way through moderate and right-leaning Dems in his pocket here. 

True. 

I admire his grasp of all the issues and his unflappable management style.  Makes all the right moves for the right reasons ...rare in politics.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 4:15 PM
posted by brutus161

Desantis allows Trump knob polishers a like-minded candidate to move to as Trump continues to ruin himself with independents.

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 4:57 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Desantis allows Trump knob polishers a like-minded candidate to move to as Trump continues to ruin himself with independents.

Or, and hear me out, you could live in the state he is the Governor of and see the difference. I never once voted for Trump, was never a fan, but Desantis has done a good job thus far. 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 6:54 PM
posted by brutus161

Or, and hear me out, you could live in the state he is the Governor of and see the difference. I never once voted for Trump, was never a fan, but Desantis has done a good job thus far. 

It’s funny you say this as I’ve had 3-4 friends move to Florida who were Democrats all of them are now Republicans and love Desantis. The big change came during Covid. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login