Disgusted with the Biden administration

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 22, 2022 5:46 PM

You stupid hypocritical  fuck  

Now. You’re worried a about criminal liars?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Sep 23, 2022 1:41 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

You stupid hypocritical  fuck  

Now. You’re worried a about criminal liars?

I can't help you. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 28, 2022 3:50 PM

He likely did not know she was dead.  "Stand up Chuck".

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Sep 28, 2022 4:40 PM
posted by majorspark

True. 

And he's the commander-in-chief. 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 28, 2022 8:55 PM
posted by majorspark

He sent condolences when she died and has a meeting with her family on Friday.  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 28, 2022 9:06 PM
posted by superman

He sent condolences when she died and has a meeting with her family on Friday.  

She died a month ago and “he” sent a statement out. It’s ok to admit he’s brain dead.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 28, 2022 9:13 PM
posted by iclfan2

She died a month ago and “he” sent a statement out. It’s ok to admit he’s brain dead.

The worst was that one video linked above.  Assuming it's not edited, he's just in an absolute fog and doesn't appear to know who he is or where he is.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 29, 2022 7:30 AM
posted by iclfan2

Just to be clear, I wasn't defending him. 

gut Senior Member
Thu, Sep 29, 2022 1:06 PM

LOL, Biden is warning oil companies not to raise gas prices.  I think prices were already creeping back up, so never let a crisis go to waste!

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 29, 2022 2:56 PM

Personally, I'd like it if the parties maybe would get the idea that in a changing world, it might be nice to have someone who, in the private sector, wouldn't be relegated to Wal-Mart greeter holding things like important political office. 50s, cool; early 60s, still okay...70s when taking office just seems to be playing with fire on multiple levels.

But then I look at our current situation. With the Ds, it's a "will he or won't he go for/get the nomination" where I can't decide if they're just trying to avoid sabotaging the mid-term efforts by making the current president a lame duck partway into his first term OR if, in typical D fashion, they're being indecisive nitwits who, in essence, are probably hoping nature takes its course so they don't have to actually make a tough decision. Or, being how they do tend to circle the wagons around Feinstein, they just might be okay with stuff ranging from senior moments up to senility...

On the other hand, with the Rs, you have a party that mostly still is run by Trump, regardless of what anyone actually wants. You have the younger, less experienced ALL-TRUMP group of nutcases and most of the rest are too scared he might say something mean about them to do much more than the standard issue Lindsey Graham routine flip-flop where he alternates between being mildly critical and total ass-kissing. Where, much like the Ds, you get the idea they're also being indecisive nitwits who are hoping nature (or indictments) takes its course so they don't actually have to make a tough decision.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Sep 29, 2022 4:00 PM

I mean, Pelosi is in her 80's.  Although she's comparatively much sharper than Biden (who was never all that bright to begin with).

So Biden will run and win the nomination IF the party thinks he can win the general.

Gavin Newsome SEEMS like a much stronger candidate, but most of the country wants nothing to do with California policies.

It's either him or Biden.  Mayor Pete hasn't done himself any favors. Kamala is toxic. And no way can Bernie win the general.

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 4:23 PM

I don’t know who the Dems can run. Maybe Newsom, but Cali is trash. Most mayors are trash. I’m sure there are some. Republicans are going to only have two options between Trump and Desantis. And it is going to be an ugly battle if Desantis doesnt just concede and wait. 

gut Senior Member
Thu, Sep 29, 2022 4:51 PM
posted by iclfan2

I don’t know who the Dems can run. Maybe Newsom, but Cali is trash. Most mayors are trash. I’m sure there are some. Republicans are going to only have two options between Trump and Desantis. And it is going to be an ugly battle if Desantis doesnt just concede and wait. 

I don't think Trump can win, unless if Biden runs.  Trump didn't lose by that many more votes than he won by in 2016.  I don't know that there are more "not Trump" votes to be had, but a number of other issues that might cause people to switch from Biden.

But enough MAGA voters could take their ball and go home such that Desantis probably can't win the general.  Although Desantis is pretty smart and might pivot in the general to pick-up more independents and even moderate Dems.

I think Desantis' MAGA act is completely phony.  He's using it to get exposure and rally the base, but be a more polished & sane politician in the general.  Maybe.

I wonder if the media realizes the more they sensationalize this hurricane, the more they'll make Desantis look like a rock star if the recovery efforts go relatively smoothly.  Gives him an opportunity to present a different side of his leadership.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 29, 2022 5:35 PM
posted by gut

I think Desantis' MAGA act is completely phony.  He's using it to get exposure and rally the base, but be a more polished & sane politician in the general.  Maybe.

I've gotten that impression at times. Probably because I'd never heard of him until 2020 when he was one of the governors not going for shutdowns and stuff and, therefore, was being talked about by everyone. And with how data showed that the difference between his "open" Florida and various "closed" states weren't all that different, he basically took that win and started saying/doing stuff to full-on court the crowd that was cheering him for his COVID response and seeing how many headlines he could make.

Came off as less a "firebrand gonna firebrand" and more "guy realized he has momentum and is gonna see how far he can take it".

gut Senior Member
Thu, Sep 29, 2022 5:51 PM
posted by Heretic

Came off as less a "firebrand gonna firebrand" and more "guy realized he has momentum and is gonna see how far he can take it".

Yale undergrad and Harvard Law.  He's not dumb.  But I think you're exactly right.  He was in the House for 6 years, and then governor for a year before Covid and no one ever heard of him.

He's gotten a ton of coverage in all media for his mini-Trump act.  My family that watches CNN all think he's another Trumpian idiot.  But my bet is when he debates and starts campaigning, people pay attention because he has that recognition now, and they'll realize the leftwing caricature isn't accurate (after he's toned down the act).

I doubt he has any chance against Trump in the primaries if anyone else decent splits the non-Trump vote.

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 6:41 PM

Ha Desantis is awesome. Florida kept shit open, which has obviously been proven correct. Everything Dems praised about Covid with masks and other shit has been proven wrong. His only obstacle is Trump. He would win the republican primary easily. And then run against some absolute moron. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Sep 30, 2022 4:49 PM

Dow craters though 29,000 as the wrecking of your retirement accounts continues.  Add inflation to the equation and good luck retiring.

The middle class and seniors are getting mauled.  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login