Disgusted with the Biden administration

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 25, 2022 4:13 PM
posted by geeblock

i meant in the 10 thousand or above per year for 18-20  years

So people with 4 kids or more…that’s your demographic to complain about?

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Aug 25, 2022 4:28 PM
posted by jmog

So people with 4 kids or more…that’s your demographic to complain about?

I’m not complaining I’m trying to figure the vitriol for these student loans but not many other things. I’m all for working class people getting help, just like college grads that make less than 125k getting some help. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Aug 25, 2022 4:51 PM
posted by geeblock

I’m not complaining I’m trying to figure the vitriol for these student loans but not many other things. I’m all for working class people getting help, just like college grads that make less than 125k getting some help. 

How does this help the people going to college in 5-10 years?  Do we keep forgiving loans?  What possible incentive is there now for colleges to check their out of control spending?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 25, 2022 5:17 PM
posted by geeblock

very little oversight was done from what i see but i wasnt talking about ppp with this comment. when i referenced billionaires pocketing money i was talking about the 1.9 trillion tax and jobs act that was in like 2018 or 19

The US treasury has received RECORD tax revenue over the last several as the DIRECT RESULT of the reduction in tax rates which spurred substantial economic growth and prosperity (just like it ALWAYS does).  Just because congress pissed all those RECORD revenues away and a couple trillion more, is not the fault of the minority of taxpayers who are paying 80% of ALL taxes.

I'm not sure how many times we have to go over this, but it is getting nauseating. 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Aug 25, 2022 9:26 PM
posted by geeblock

One is a hand out the other is keeping more of your money that you earned rather than the government stealing it  

Does that help?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 25, 2022 10:30 PM

The White House is as dumb as Gblock. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 26, 2022 3:09 AM
posted by iclfan2

The White House is as dumb as Gblock.

I'm not sure who this insults.
geeblock Member
Fri, Aug 26, 2022 8:11 AM
posted by jmog

One is a hand out the other is keeping more of your money that you earned rather than the government stealing it  

Does that help?

its essentially the same. some groups get less of their money taken than others.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 26, 2022 4:37 PM
posted by geeblock

its essentially the same. some groups get less of their money taken than others.

But it is not the same. A tax credit is the government not taking as much of your money that you have earned.

Student loan forgiveness is the government paying the bank for your loan to the bank then making everyone else in the county paying for it.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Aug 26, 2022 5:00 PM
posted by jmog

Student loan forgiveness is the government paying the bank for your loan to the bank then making everyone else in the county paying for it.

Just wait until Gblock gets to experience taxpayer pension forgiveness.
Fri, Aug 26, 2022 6:53 PM

All I know is a lot of art history and psychology majors are breathing a sigh of relief today behind the barista bar.

Fri, Aug 26, 2022 7:15 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

All I know is a lot of art history and psychology majors are breathing a sigh of relief today behind the barista bar.

Don’t forget gender studies and communication majors. 

gut Senior Member
Fri, Aug 26, 2022 7:22 PM

From what I can tell, this is probably legal.  But imagine the shitstorm that's coming if the courts block this.   That $20k is going to be spent before the first legal challenge even comes...

geeblock Member
Fri, Aug 26, 2022 9:18 PM

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 27, 2022 11:46 AM

The thing is the entity that loaned $100k to a jobless teen isn't going to take the L and will never learn responsibility because they are using other people's money.  It's going to be everyone they by force of law confiscated the funds from to fund the loan.  And even those that pay no federal taxes will be left wondering how they can carry $100 worth of groceries to their car with just two hands.

geeblock Member
Sat, Aug 27, 2022 12:26 PM

Sat, Aug 27, 2022 1:42 PM

How much of these loans are for graduate studies?  I’d be curious how many PhD’s in music and art history we’re funding.

This isn’t the little guy getting a crumb.  This is middle income people getting poor financial planning wiped out at an arbitrary point in time.  Some of the funding for this will come from tax payers who never went to college and make less that 125k, taxpayers who paid off loans as recently as last month who make less than 125k, lower income taxpayers with outrageous medical debt, etc.  This is buying votes pure and simple.

Sat, Aug 27, 2022 1:51 PM
posted by geeblock

Who’s the guy in the chair supposed to be?  Do you think he’s a bank?  Banks aren’t eating $.01 of this.  They’ll be paid in full by Uncle Joe (using taxpayer funds).

Sat, Aug 27, 2022 2:28 PM

How much of these loans are for graduate studies?  I’d be curious how many PhD’s in music and art history we’re funding.

This isn’t the little guy getting a crumb.  This is middle income people getting poor financial planning wiped out at an arbitrary point in time.  Some of the funding for this will come from tax payers who never went to college and make less that 125k, taxpayers who paid off loans as recently as last month who make less than 125k, lower income taxpayers with outrageous medical debt, etc.  This is buying votes pure and simple.

Bingo. Maybe educators such as Gblock should teach their students that college isn’t for everybody or that it doesn’t hurt anyone to go to a community college for the first 2 years, making sure credits will transfer. And what compounding interest is. 

Either way, the whole college system needs changed. You could fire hundreds of employees at each college that are in worthless positions that only exist because they have so much money. I’m against government intervention (although most are state schools), but don’t know how else to make education reasonable. Some states also have scholarships if you have good grades and stay in state, with extra money if you stay in STEM. But that also just encourages tuition to be high. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 27, 2022 2:37 PM

Who’s the guy in the chair supposed to be?  Do you think he’s a bank?  Banks aren’t eating $.01 of this.  They’ll be paid in full by Uncle Joe (using taxpayer funds).

Yeah, the general rule of "trickle-down" economics is:

1. If the big guy gets inconvenienced by something, that inconvenience (and more, most likely) will definitely trickle the fuck down to you. IE: This situation.

2. If the big guy gets a kickin' kickback and big-time profits and all that jazz, well, while I'm sure some of them do have a bit of "share the wealth" (if for no reason other than optics and in a way where they're still pulling a handsome profit) in them, most of that extra cash is going straight to the new yacht or mansion.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login