Biden vs. Trump 2024

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 11:00 AM
posted by geeblock

Huh?  The court ruled that the embryos were actual children, so that means that the clinic would be possibly responsible for thousands of Murders if something would happen to the embryos in their clinics which effectively closed clinics in Alabama. yes they fixed it after outcry.

In Virginia, as they passed their contraception bill on I think 4/8 they changed a few things at the last minute leaving the door open to effectively limit its effectiveness later.  

He gutted Virginia’s bipartisan Right to Contraception Act by: 1. Converting it from a legal mandate to a mere suggestion 2. Removing the definition of contraception so that he can enforce it anyway he wants 3. Making the whole act time limited

You said the same thing when we were discussing roe vs. wade and yet here we are.

I havent read all of the opinions but if it was 4-2 then it was probably not something that had to be done in arizona.  When I brought up Arizona it wasn't necessarily about the court and their ruling, but rather the group that brought the court case, which I assume is GOP. It literally makes it worse because they make a legal move to subvert the will of the voters in their state which already have decided through voting or their elected representatives to come up with a more moderate abortion law.

In totality my point stands, that in an election year this is a terrible strategy and optics that is going to cost them states and possibly the election.

In totality your points have been proven wrong.

The GOP did not go after IVF, the GOP actually passed laws in Alabama to protect it. 

The Arizona SC only claimed that the law passed in 2022 didn't have the right language to repeal the 1864 law and pushed it back on the legislature to fix the language issue. 

The Virginia law was attempting to go further than current US law, which is obviously ok to do in this case, and the governor sent it back with the language stripped out that could force companies to pay for contraceptives even if they are religiously against it. 

That is not an attack on people's rights to obtain contraceptives. No one is saying you can't buy contraceptives yourself, they are saying you probably can't force someone else to pay for them in your insurance plan.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 11:14 AM
posted by jmog

In totality your points have been proven wrong.

The GOP did not go after IVF, the GOP actually passed laws in Alabama to protect it. 

The Arizona SC only claimed that the law passed in 2022 didn't have the right language to repeal the 1864 law and pushed it back on the legislature to fix the language issue. 

The Virginia law was attempting to go further than current US law, which is obviously ok to do in this case, and the governor sent it back with the language stripped out that could force companies to pay for contraceptives even if they are religiously against it. 

That is not an attack on people's rights to obtain contraceptives. No one is saying you can't buy contraceptives yourself, they are saying you probably can't force someone else to pay for them in your insurance plan.

lol if you think it’s a good strategy god bless. I guess we will revisit this in December and see how it works out 

this is exactly what i said yesterday so not completely wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/abortion-ruling-full-disaster-arizona-201320568.html

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 11:49 AM
posted by geeblock

lol if you think it’s a good strategy god bless. I guess we will revisit this in December and see how it works out 

this is exactly what i said yesterday so not completely wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/abortion-ruling-full-disaster-arizona-201320568.html

You have repeatedly, in this thread, stated things that are not factually true.

Now you just want to play it off like “well we’ll see how it works come November”.

Are you not interested in factual reality and being an informed voter? 

Or you just keep planning on towing the D party line and believe what they tell you to believe?

geeblock Member
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 12:22 PM
posted by jmog

You have repeatedly, in this thread, stated things that are not factually true.

Now you just want to play it off like “well we’ll see how it works come November”.

Are you not interested in factual reality and being an informed voter? 

Or you just keep planning on towing the D party line and believe what they tell you to believe?

Im pro-choice as is 80% of the country.  There is only one party trying to ban abortion, no matter how you try to define the current legal wrangling they are doing.  I'll vote for the other party.  I think others will to. I hope this helps you understand.  Have a good rest of your day.

geeblock Member
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 12:24 PM

I do have a question that i havent been able to find the answer to regarding the Arizona court decision maybe someone here knows.

Did they have to hear this case and make a decision on it this year?  Could it have been delayed?  When exactly was this case filed and by who? Thanks if anyone knows the answer.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 1:49 PM
posted by geeblock

Im pro-choice as is 80% of the country.  There is only one party trying to ban abortion, no matter how you try to define the current legal wrangling they are doing.  I'll vote for the other party.  I think others will to. I hope this helps you understand.  Have a good rest of your day.

So you say things that are provably false, then just back up and say "well that doesn't matter because 80% of the people agree with my stance" which is also provably false.

I mean depending on which statistical survey you look at, its 52-55%, no where close to 80%.

Is it your modus operandi to just spew things that take 5 seconds on google to prove wrong?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/244709/pro-choice-pro-life-2018-demographic-tables.aspx

https://news.gallup.com/poll/393104/pro-choice-identification-rises-near-record-high.aspx

https://www.statista.com/statistics/225975/share-of-americans-who-are-pro-life-or-pro-choice/

geeblock Member
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 2:08 PM
posted by jmog

So you say things that are provably false, then just back up and say "well that doesn't matter because 80% of the people agree with my stance" which is also provably false.

I mean depending on which statistical survey you look at, its 52-55%, no where close to 80%.

Is it your modus operandi to just spew things that take 5 seconds on google to prove wrong?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/244709/pro-choice-pro-life-2018-demographic-tables.aspx

https://news.gallup.com/poll/393104/pro-choice-identification-rises-near-record-high.aspx

https://www.statista.com/statistics/225975/share-of-americans-who-are-pro-life-or-pro-choice/

Some of your data is well before roe vs wade was taken away but ok (2018). That being said 80% was just a random number I picked I probably should have looked it up 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2023/06/26/how-americans-really-feel-about-abortion-the-sometimes-surprising-poll-results-one-year-after-roe-overturned/?sh=5220202c5ea3

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 2:25 PM
posted by geeblock

Some of your data is well before roe vs wade was taken away but ok (2018)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2023/06/26/how-americans-really-feel-about-abortion-the-sometimes-surprising-poll-results-one-year-after-roe-overturned/?sh=5220202c5ea3

You do realize that 99% of people view "pro-choice" and "legal in certain circumstances" as different things right?

Your "80%" is the "legal in certain circumstance" which most people take as rape, incest, life/death of mother. You assumed that was "well look, they are all pro-choice".

When pro-choice or pro-life is asked, even after the SC ruling, its still 52-55%, so again, you have been proven wrong. 

My first link is 2023 data (not 2018, the original article was 2018, the data was updated with 2023, its literally in the chart the poll was from May 1-24, 2023).

My second link goes up to 2022 data.

My third link goes up to 2023 data.

Again you looked at the headline, didn't read the article. You make proving you wrong way too easy. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 2:33 PM

Wonderful! The ruiners are back. 

geeblock Member
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 2:37 PM
posted by jmog

You do realize that 99% of people view "pro-choice" and "legal in certain circumstances" as different things right?

Your "80%" is the "legal in certain circumstance" which most people take as rape, incest, life/death of mother. You assumed that was "well look, they are all pro-choice".

When pro-choice or pro-life is asked, even after the SC ruling, its still 52-55%, so again, you have been proven wrong. 

My first link is 2023 data (not 2018, the original article was 2018, the data was updated with 2023, its literally in the chart the poll was from May 1-24, 2023).

Again you looked at the headline, didn't read the article. You make proving you wrong way too easy. 

Why would I read an article from 2018? lol 

So now u move the goal post to say that it is 80% which is what i said. The Arizona current law makes no exceptions btw.

(Edit to say except for death so u don’t not answer my question and focus on that. No exceptions for rape etc. I’m also fine to say “most” in place of arguing percentages. It doesn’t change my point)

Just stop trying to defend the GOP ruining their party and their platform. 

U can nit pick all you want. It changes absolutely nothing about what I said. Which is funny as usual you actually never address a topic. You just dissect any facts u can find to disagree with without addressing the conversation. 

I said the gop is in trouble and will lose states and votes due to unpopular laws being introduced with women’s reproductive rights and its abortion laws no one wants. Do you disagree or not? 

Jesus man lol 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 2:53 PM

They’ll get to an agreement on this one. I’m certain of it. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 3:31 PM
posted by geeblock

Why would I read an article from 2018? lol 

So now u move the goal post to say that it is 80% which is what i said. The Arizona current law makes no exceptions btw.

(Edit to say except for death so u don’t not answer my question and focus on that. No exceptions for rape etc. I’m also fine to say “most” in place of arguing percentages. It doesn’t change my point)

Just stop trying to defend the GOP ruining their party and their platform. 

U can nit pick all you want. It changes absolutely nothing about what I said. Which is funny as usual you actually never address a topic. You just dissect any facts u can find to disagree with without addressing the conversation. 

I said the gop is in trouble and will lose states and votes due to unpopular laws being introduced with women’s reproductive rights and its abortion laws no one wants. Do you disagree or not? 

Jesus man lol 

I moved no goalposts. You miss characterized what the 80% is/was. So you either didn't understand your own link or you lied, you choose.

I am defending no one, I am just stating factual information actually stated in articles, even ones you linked but didn't read or understand. 

If facts sound like "defending the GOP" to you then maybe the facts don't line up with your belief system. I can't help that.

I addressed the actual topics by correcting false information portrayed. I didn't give my opinion on the rulings, just gave what the facts actually are. I actually think the ASC probably made a mistake, but still understand that what is being portrayed is actually incorrect on what was actually done. 

Same with your IVF "misunderstanding", I just corrected with factual information. You, again, portrayed something that was wrong based on a knowledge that can only be gained by reading headlines only or believing whatever MSNBC told you to believe and never following up to gain more knowledge.

You have basically proven you are the QO of the left on this board, you just won't admit it. You believe gotcha headlines and don't dig into any of them to gain valuable information.

You were 100% wrong about the links I provided and proved you don't even read shit, all of them had data and statistics from 2022/2023, after the SCOTUS decision, yet you said "some of your links don't even have new data" or whatever. Then when I prove you wrong you just resort to "why would I read an article from 2018", when the link is literally just a data set with a table from 2023, the URL just said 2018, there was no written article.

You are just proving over and over again to be someone who doesn't want to add any new information to your synapses, especially if it has a possibility to be different from what you have been fed from the left. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 3:43 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

They’ll get to an agreement on this one. I’m certain of it. 

I'd say this would be one of those site updates that always is projected to happen Wednesday, but since this be Wednesday, I guess I probably shouldn't hold my breath.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 4:29 PM
posted by jmog

You can use polling all you want, but state after state is voting to enshrine abortion as an option by more than 52%.

Even here in Ohio. It wasn't even close. 

The old model and arguments about the issue are gone. Now, people are really talking about and realizing oh, those options are terrible and should be there. 

The other problem that still is unknown is where exactly is the line on the "health of the mother". The Texas example being the biggest as the woman had to go out of state after the Texas Supreme Court ruled she cannot have an abortion as it did not qualify under health of the mother even though her doctors said it did. The Texas AG has threatened to sue and remove any doctor that performs one unless it adheres to their definition of health of the mother. 

It was also funny how quickly Arizona Republicans even said yesterday, oh that is too far. Yet, 2 years ago, they were in favor of something similar. I also think it may impact the Senate and Presidental race as the issue will be on the ballot in November. Wouldn't be surprised if Biden wins AZ again now the Ds hold onto the Senate seat. 

I'd finally say the right has a policy issue on this that they still have not figured out. The backlash from the extreme pro life side to Trumps statement being one example and the whole personhood movement being the other.

geeblock Member
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 4:44 PM
posted by jmog

I moved no goalposts. You miss characterized what the 80% is/was. So you either didn't understand your own link or you lied, you choose.

I am defending no one, I am just stating factual information actually stated in articles, even ones you linked but didn't read or understand. 

If facts sound like "defending the GOP" to you then maybe the facts don't line up with your belief system. I can't help that.

I addressed the actual topics by correcting false information portrayed. I didn't give my opinion on the rulings, just gave what the facts actually are. I actually think the ASC probably made a mistake, but still understand that what is being portrayed is actually incorrect on what was actually done. 

Same with your IVF "misunderstanding", I just corrected with factual information. You, again, portrayed something that was wrong based on a knowledge that can only be gained by reading headlines only or believing whatever MSNBC told you to believe and never following up to gain more knowledge.

You have basically proven you are the QO of the left on this board, you just won't admit it. You believe gotcha headlines and don't dig into any of them to gain valuable information.

You were 100% wrong about the links I provided and proved you don't even read shit, all of them had data and statistics from 2022/2023, after the SCOTUS decision, yet you said "some of your links don't even have new data" or whatever. Then when I prove you wrong you just resort to "why would I read an article from 2018", when the link is literally just a data set with a table from 2023, the URL just said 2018, there was no written article.

You are just proving over and over again to be someone who doesn't want to add any new information to your synapses, especially if it has a possibility to be different from what you have been fed from the left. 

This is why I think you don’t actually read my posts. I didn’t ask for your opinion on the rulings. I said the ruling/combimed with other attacks on women’s reproductive rights such as roe wade ect.. would have a negative effect on the GOP in AZ and in the presidential election and would cause them to lose. That’s it that’s the post. You can choose to respond to that or not. 

The rest is just anger because I think you realize it’s probably true. 

I appreciated the clarification about the ASC ruling which is why I asked further questions about it which were ignored, because you don’t want to discuss things you just like to argue and be right. 

If the ASC tried to shoe this in before the people could vote again like Ohio GOP tried to throw in that rushed referendum after saying they wouldn’t do those anymore that changes my perception on what actually happened. You make it seem innocent and maybe rhey were just following the law, or were they trying to get the more restrictive law in place and then negotiate from that much stronger position before people could vote. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 4:48 PM

I think "safe, legal and rare" is the way to go. Generally speaking that would cover rape, life of mother, forced incest and so on. I know that that broad scope was supported by Reagan to Hillary to Trump, which encompasses a wide variety of groups. 

Should everything come down from DC? I don't think so. Laws closer to home matter more on a variety of things, this being one of them. 

Time and time and time again Democrats have had every opportunity to codify Roe V Wade. In fact, remember when Obama said that he would handle that on day one of his presidency? Of course, once he got into office he then said that it was not his top priority. 

The unlikable fact is that Dems had zero intention on ever doing it because it has always been one of their main money makers for campaigning. It was a problem that could never be solved. That's just the truth of it. 

If anybody wants to work up a good lather from self righteous fury, they should look to the people who have always dangled the carrot but never let them eat it. But we all know THAT will never ever ever ever ever ever happen. 

Wed, Apr 10, 2024 9:01 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I think "safe, legal and rare" is the way to go. Generally speaking that would cover rape, life of mother, forced incest and so on. I know that that broad scope was supported by Reagan to Hillary to Trump, which encompasses a wide variety of groups. 

Should everything come down from DC? I don't think so. Laws closer to home matter more on a variety of things, this being one of them. 

Time and time and time again Democrats have had every opportunity to codify Roe V Wade. In fact, remember when Obama said that he would handle that on day one of his presidency? Of course, once he got into office he then said that it was not his top priority. 

The unlikable fact is that Dems had zero intention on ever doing it because it has always been one of their main money makers for campaigning. It was a problem that could never be solved. That's just the truth of it. 

If anybody wants to work up a good lather from self righteous fury, they should look to the people who have always dangled the carrot but never let them eat it. But we all know THAT will never ever ever ever ever ever happen. 

Well Democrats ran into the same problem Republicans are at now, where is the line? Easy to do in the abstract with Roe on books. But, now that it is gone, all options are on the table from total ban to full allowed. 

I also doubt any law any Obama Congress would have passed would have withstood the Roe overturn by the court.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 9:19 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Well Democrats ran into the same problem Republicans are at now, where is the line? Easy to do in the abstract with Roe on books. But, now that it is gone, all options are on the table from total ban to full allowed. 

I also doubt any law any Obama Congress would have passed would have withstood the Roe overturn by the court.

I think it very well could have. Whereas before it was just considered as "settled law", meaning that everyone at the time assumed nobody would turn the matter to the states. And as long as that thought prevailed, it could be campaigned easily, which is exactly what happened. Now that it is a state issue, the first thing people did was shit their pants. Some just farted a lot. 

The question about how far into the pregnancy abortions are allowed to happen will be an interesting debate to follow because I, the person who is against abortion as birth control, have an exception. I will explain shortly but right now I have a stupid ass webinar to do that has nothing whatsoever to do with my job.

tbc

Wed, Apr 10, 2024 9:30 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I think it very well could have. Whereas before it was just considered as "settled law", meaning that everyone at the time assumed nobody would turn the matter to the states. And as long as that thought prevailed, it could be campaigned easily, which is exactly what happened. Now that it is a state issue, the first thing people did was shit their pants. Some just farted a lot. 

The question about how far into the pregnancy abortions are allowed to happen will be an interesting debate to follow because I, the person who is against abortion as birth control, have an exception. I will explain shortly but right now I have a stupid ass webinar to do that has nothing whatsoever to do with my job.

tbc

In this Supreme Court now, nothing is settled law. And yeah, people were rightly concerned depending on which state they lived in. As mentioned, red states voted the last 2 years to protect the right to choose the option, as they voted in pro-choice.....

If anything, the last two years has shown the myth abortion was used largely as birth control as false. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Apr 10, 2024 9:49 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

In this Supreme Court now, nothing is settled law. And yeah, people were rightly concerned depending on which state they lived in. As mentioned, red states voted the last 2 years to protect the right to choose the option, as they voted in pro-choice.....

If anything, the last two years has shown the myth abortion was used largely as birth control as false. 

Most of what you said the last few posts is true.

But it most certainly is not a myth that the vast majority of abortions are basically “oops” birth control and not because of serious medical issues.

Statistically close to 96% of abortions are not medically necessary and therefore elective or “birth control”.

A multifaceted study by the NIH lists the most common reasons why..they are financial, need to focus on other kids, bad timing, etc.  none of the top 5 or 6 reasons have any medical reason at all.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3729671/

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login