2024 Presidential Election Thread

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 11:29 AM
posted by Heretic

If anything, if Kamala/her people were smart, they'd broadcast Trump's inane rally ramblings every chance they had with a "do you think this guy is remotely mentally competent enough for the job?" angle.

And Trump can respond with "what has she done besides flip flop on the issues?"

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 12:00 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure inane ramblings from either side is going to be a gotcha moment for either, let's be real.

What CAN be said in Kamala's favor is that she now has Liz and Dick Cheney's endorsement! I really don't think that can be beat.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 12:43 PM
posted by BR1986FB

especially after the recent developments in Springfield, Ohio, 

woops

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 2:20 PM

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 2:34 PM
posted by Heretic

Speaking of gaslighting, you.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/vance-magnifies-false-claims-haitian-immigrants-eating-pets/story?id=113534220

City says they aren't illegal aliens, like you did. And both this and a different article I read had Dave Yost saying the problem was that so many appeared (due to picking Springfield for factors like more affordable housing and job opportunities) at once, which does need to be fixed.

And speaking of gaslighting, J.T. Vance and the agitators posing as right wing media, since the Springfield cops and the city manager both have pushed back against the "ThEy EaTs oUr PeTs" talk, saying no credible accounts of this happening have been reported.

They are illegals, although the biden/harris regime have renamed them to paroled or some other word(s) to obfuscate reality, something they do continuously, no matter the topic.  And it is a disaster for the city.  And taxpayers are paying for all of it.  And the leftists don't want you to know about it, until it's too late.

https://lawenforcementtoday.com/mayor-of-springfield-oh-addresses-concerns-about-haitian-immigrant-population-local-businesses

SPRINGFIELD, OH - During a recent meeting with the Springfield City Commission, Mayor Rob Rue said that city officials were "in the dark" about a large immigrant population, many illegal,

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ohio-city-begs-for-federal-help-to-house-illegal-migrants

https://nypost.com/2024/07/10/us-news/ohio-city-facing-significant-housing-crisis-due-to-migrant-influx/

Large numbers of people entering or living in America illegally are exacerbating the housing crisis, including in areas like Ohio far from the border.

https://www.limaohio.com/top-stories/2024/09/09/ohio-ag-wants-to-curb-surging-migrant-population/

And obviously the concept of assimilation has been completely tossed aside. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 2:45 PM

Donald will surely fix everything!

DERP!

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/19/trump-venezuela-temporary-legal-status-460524

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 2:54 PM

I'd like to know who decides where all these illegals immigrants land. Because we've all seen how the dumping off of illegals is cute for ideology but not so much in reality. For example, the residents of Martha's Vineyard were Blue MAGA until they got 50 illegals dumped on them and they turned NIMBY instantly. 

So again, who decides to dump them off somewhere or who decides they will take them? 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 2:55 PM
posted by QuakerOats

They are illegals, although the biden/harris regime have renamed them to paroled or some other word(s) to obfuscate reality, something they do continuously, no matter the topic.  And it is a disaster for the city.  And taxpayers are paying for all of it.  And the leftists don't want you to know about it, until it's too late.

https://lawenforcementtoday.com/mayor-of-springfield-oh-addresses-concerns-about-haitian-immigrant-population-local-businesses

SPRINGFIELD, OH - During a recent meeting with the Springfield City Commission, Mayor Rob Rue said that city officials were "in the dark" about a large immigrant population, many illegal,

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ohio-city-begs-for-federal-help-to-house-illegal-migrants

https://nypost.com/2024/07/10/us-news/ohio-city-facing-significant-housing-crisis-due-to-migrant-influx/

Large numbers of people entering or living in America illegally are exacerbating the housing crisis, including in areas like Ohio far from the border.

https://www.limaohio.com/top-stories/2024/09/09/ohio-ag-wants-to-curb-surging-migrant-population/

And obviously the concept of assimilation has been completely tossed aside. 

Get a fucking local source https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/springfield-mayor-investigation-into-businesses-immigration-continues/W4OJQYSNUBF7JCMSD72VVQGNQI/#

They are under protected legal status from the 2021 governmental crisis in Haiti. 

Now, I think it is a very legit question and right question to ask how and why the immigrants all came to Springfield. But, reads like some businesses attracted them and then more followed. 

The outcry is borderline racist as people are assuming the people coming are bad and will lead to more crime, when the city of Springfield has said crime has not went up. The challenge is a very an infrastructure one, and having a city grow like this in population brings growing pains. The state and feds should kick in to offset the strains from the city.

You really want to solve the issue for real? Pass a complete overhaul of the immigration system in Congress. 

But, Republicans in Congress do not want to do that. 

Automatik Senior Member
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 2:56 PM

No joke, I've heard Denver because it's the cheapest bus ticket from Texas. No idea how true that is or not. 

Automatik Senior Member
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 2:57 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

You really want to solve the issue for real? Pass a complete overhaul of the immigration system in Congress. 

This is the only answer that won't happen anytime soon. Republicans bombed the last one due to the added Ukraine funding. Let's just point fingers for eternity. 
iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 3:36 PM
posted by Automatik
This is the only answer that won't happen anytime soon. Republicans bombed the last one due to the added Ukraine funding. Let's just point fingers for eternity. 

That bill, 3 years after they did nothing but let immigrants stream in, would also not have done much. The only reform that would do anything is to get as close to closing the border as possible. And you have to do something with the repeat criminals. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 3:50 PM
posted by Automatik

No joke, I've heard Denver because it's the cheapest bus ticket from Texas. No idea how true that is or not. 

With the Haitians in Springfield, I read that it was the combination of affordable housing and the ability to find jobs. With the issue being that too many arrived too quickly. Ohio AG Yost essentially said the issue isn't that migrants are there, it's that so many came that a city went from 50K to 70K in a hurry, which leads to various infrastructure issues. Where the main problem at the heart of things is the apparent lack of a coherent plan to settle people, leading to it basically turning into a situation where cities and towns are on their own.

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 4:00 PM

Get a fucking local source https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/springfield-mayor-investigation-into-businesses-immigration-continues/W4OJQYSNUBF7JCMSD72VVQGNQI/#

They are under protected legal status from the 2021 governmental crisis in Haiti. 

Now, I think it is a very legit question and right question to ask how and why the immigrants all came to Springfield. But, reads like some businesses attracted them and then more followed. 

The outcry is borderline racist as people are assuming the people coming are bad and will lead to more crime, when the city of Springfield has said crime has not went up. The challenge is a very an infrastructure one, and having a city grow like this in population brings growing pains. The state and feds should kick in to offset the strains from the city.

But, Republicans in Congress do not want to do that. 

The city or state shouldn't have to pay one dollar for something that the Fed govt agreed to.

Dems don't want to do any overhauling either. It's the same as abortion. Both sides need wedge issues.

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 4:33 PM
posted by iclfan2

That bill, 3 years after they did nothing but let immigrants stream in, would also not have done much. The only reform that would do anything is to get as close to closing the border as possible. And you have to do something with the repeat criminals. 

Credit Republicans for getting them to agree to a lot of things that were in the bill...that then died. 

It would have been a good band aid and good faith start to have that larger discussion on fixing the system

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 4:33 PM

And go fuck yourself, Ptown, with your borderline racist accusations. That accusation, along with the other ists and isms are memes now, because people like you have dry humped those words into the ground and taken the power out of them.

I personally have bitched for a long time now about how these cities have been putting up illegal immigrants into hotels and giving them food/clothing allowances while there are homeless camps right next to those very same hotels. Do you think all the homeless are white, blue-eyed and blonde? No, they are all kinds of people. Varied ethnicities, class and creed. 

It's fucking pathetic that you have to resort your arguments to that. 

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 4:35 PM

And if Biden didn't feel the need to jack his dick in undoing all the border measures that Trump had in place, this wouldn't even be as big if an issue right this very moment. 

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 4:36 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

The city or state shouldn't have to pay one dollar for something that the Fed govt agreed to.

Dems don't want to do any overhauling either. It's the same as abortion. Both sides need wedge issues.

Hard disagree. The democrats have been trying for years to try and reform the system, but each time the Republicans screamed amnesty! And blocked each effort. Ted Cruz made his name early on for screaming amnesty at every turn. Even Bush tried way back in the day and Republicans killed it.

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 4:41 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

And go fuck yourself, Ptown, with your borderline racist accusations. That accusation, along with the other ists and isms are memes now, because people like you have dry humped those words into the ground and taken the power out of them.

I personally have bitched for a long time now about how these cities have been putting up illegal immigrants into hotels and giving them food/clothing allowances while there are homeless camps right next to those very same hotels. Do you think all the homeless are white, blue-eyed and blonde? No, they are all kinds of people. Varied ethnicities, class and creed. 

It's fucking pathetic that you have to resort your arguments to that. 

Right back at you. I'm tired of the same old trope that all immigrants are lazy, suck resources, and increase crime.

It's the same shit I have seen for years. I remember having these same conversations in the 90s when the Somali population increased in Columbus, especially on the west side of town. 

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 4:46 PM

Right back at you. I'm tired of the same old trope that all immigrants are lazy, suck resources, and increase crime.

Citation of anybody on here who said that, please. I will wait.

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 4:50 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Citation of anybody on here who said that, please. I will wait.

LoL. Your own post complaining about illegals is part of it. Quakers post is also an example. Hell even the post that referenced Springfield that started this whole conversation.

But, I was also making a larger point about the entire wing of the Stephen Miller party on the right that showed its ugly head online yesterday. 

You obviously haven't been paying attention as you didn't even know what was going on. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login