2024 Presidential Election Thread

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 5:00 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well to me it just exposes the fact that, not only is she sadistic (keeping evidence from court that would free an innocent man from death row), but dangerously censorious. 

And it's not just her, other Dems in Twitter thanking Brazil for banning Twitter. 

The Twitter Files really exposed just how anti First Amendment the Dems really are. But now they are just so open about it. It's very unsettling.

If Trump doesn't go off script tomorrow, which I know is hard for him, and attacks her solely on the economy/inflation and immigration, especially after the recent developments in Colorado (apartment building) and Springfield, Ohio, he should distance himself from her in these polls. Big "if" that he won't go off script on some tirade.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 5:35 PM
posted by BR1986FB

If Trump doesn't go off script tomorrow, which I know is hard for him, and attacks her solely on the economy/inflation and immigration, especially after the recent developments in Colorado (apartment building) and Springfield, Ohio, he should distance himself from her in these polls. Big "if" that he won't go off script on some tirade.

Ehhh, I'm not so sure.  First off, it's hard to pull off a decisive win unless you flail around like Dementia Joe, because both sides media will be in full spin mode.

Second, if people don't know who they're voting for or don't know enough about Kamala...are those really people you expect to tune into a debate?

My guess is the 5% or whatever undecideds are out there are going to wait until the last minute and vote for who they think will win.  Wanting to vote for the person who wins, rather than who necessarily represents you best, is a real thing.

If I was Trump, I'd just be running non-stop ads of her past radical positions and flip flops and word salads.  She should be even easier to dispatch than Joe.  She's running an image campaign, and there's an awful lot out there on her that paints a rather bad image.  Just dispel the Hollywood makeover by showing people who she really is.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 5:46 PM
posted by gut

Ehhh, I'm not so sure.  First off, it's hard to pull off a decisive win unless you flail around like Dementia Joe, because both sides media will be in full spin mode.

Second, if people don't know who they're voting for or don't know enough about Kamala...are those really people you expect to tune into a debate?

My guess is the 5% or whatever undecideds are out there are going to wait until the last minute and vote for who they think will win.  Wanting to vote for the person who wins, rather than who necessarily represents you best, is a real thing.

If I was Trump, I'd just be running non-stop ads of her past radical positions and flip flops and word salads.  She should be even easier to dispatch than Joe.  She's running an image campaign, and there's an awful lot out there on her that paints a rather bad image.  Just dispel the Hollywood makeover by showing people who she really is.

Not sure I agree with 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. I’m still undecided and waiting on her in this.

Voting for who is predicted to win seems odd. If it’s that important to your people you can just say you voted for them

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 5:52 PM

I’m pretty sure what trump will say. 

1. If I lose you will have a gang leader from Venezuela for a landlord. 

2. You say good bye to Billy in the morning and he comes home from school with an operation. 

3. They want to kill babies after they are born. 

4. I will make tariffs and china will pay your taxes. 

Gut you can feel free to ignore this post. It’s a joke. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 5:55 PM
posted by geeblock

2. You say good bye to Billy in the morning and he comes home from school with an operation. 

You say you're joking but this was probably the most accurate post you've made in months.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 6:42 PM
posted by geeblock

Will? He has lol.

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 6:43 PM
posted by BR1986FB

The Colorado and Springfield stuff is complete and utter bullshit. 

Crazy what people believe online. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 7:27 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

The Colorado and Springfield stuff is complete and utter bullshit. 

Crazy what people believe online. 

I haven't paid any attention to it. I did see a silent clip of a bunch of guys, about half with guns, going up a stairs and into an apartment.

Can you give a run down/what really happened?

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 7:42 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I haven't paid any attention to it. I did see a silent clip of a bunch of guys, about half with guns, going up a stairs and into an apartment.

Can you give a run down/what really happened?

The internet being stupid and rumors being accepted as fact and taking off like wild fire. At least the City of Springfield responded. 

https://www.whio.com/news/local/immigration-surge-springfield-grabs-attention-ohio-attorney-general/TGZSFFOIPBCT7IVTWKPW6YJJQU/

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 8:08 PM

JD Vance tweeted that Haitian immigrants are eating people’s pets 

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 8:11 PM
posted by geeblock

https://x.com/JDVance/status/1833148904864465117?t=4DseQhMdmBj_sAmQrjv97g&s=19

You know when you say it like that, it kinda sounds crazy....but yep. He said it. 

Good to see our potential VP can fall victim to a viral Facebook post. Does he not have staffers that can fact check this stuff? 

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 8:31 PM
posted by geeblock

Funnily enough, I just saw some black guy at a council meeting (?) bitching about immigrants grabbing ducks by the neck, killing and eating them.

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 8:34 PM

The internet being stupid and rumors being accepted as fact and taking off like wild fire. At least the City of Springfield responded. 

https://www.whio.com/news/local/immigration-surge-springfield-grabs-attention-ohio-attorney-general/TGZSFFOIPBCT7IVTWKPW6YJJQU/

So when I saw that clip of guys that I mentioned earlier, what was that about? Was it a gang or not? If it was a gang, was it illegal immigrants, asylees or homegrown?

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 8:56 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So when I saw that clip of guys that I mentioned earlier, what was that about? Was it a gang or not? If it was a gang, was it illegal immigrants, asylees or homegrown?

It doesn't matter because the city has said the entire issue are rumors run wild and false. 

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 9:06 PM

It doesn't matter because the city has said the entire issue are rumors run wild and false. 

I mean, that city can say that and you might believe it or not. But now I'm interested where I wasn't before. 

What is that video showing? 

Does anybody know?

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 9:13 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I mean, that city can say that and you might believe it or not. But now I'm interested where I wasn't before. 

What is that video showing? 

Does anybody know?

Quick Google search on local news sources you can find more. I'll take word of the Chief of Police on this bullshit over some video where someone doesn't have any proof. 

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 11:15 PM

Quick Google search on local news sources you can find more. I'll take word of the Chief of Police on this bullshit over some video where someone doesn't have any proof. 

I'm at work and haven't had much time to go looking up things, so was going to do it when I got home lol!

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 10:18 AM

I've heard from both the mayor and the city manager of Springfield.  Bottom line, you cannot drop 20,000 illegal aliens into a town of 50,000 and not have massive repercussions, mostly negative.  Why did it occur, who planned it, and will they be held accountable?

Now, carry on with the gaslighting. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 10:50 AM
posted by QuakerOats

I've heard from both the mayor and the city manager of Springfield.  Bottom line, you cannot drop 20,000 illegal aliens into a town of 50,000 and not have massive repercussions, mostly negative.  Why did it occur, who planned it, and will they be held accountable?

Now, carry on with the gaslighting. 

Speaking of gaslighting, you.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/vance-magnifies-false-claims-haitian-immigrants-eating-pets/story?id=113534220

City says they aren't illegal aliens, like you did. And both this and a different article I read had Dave Yost saying the problem was that so many appeared (due to picking Springfield for factors like more affordable housing and job opportunities) at once, which does need to be fixed.

And speaking of gaslighting, J.T. Vance and the agitators posing as right wing media, since the Springfield cops and the city manager both have pushed back against the "ThEy EaTs oUr PeTs" talk, saying no credible accounts of this happening have been reported.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 10:55 AM

posted by geeblock

If anything, if Kamala/her people were smart, they'd broadcast Trump's inane rally ramblings every chance they had with a "do you think this guy is remotely mentally competent enough for the job?" angle.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login