2024 Presidential Election Thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 3, 2024 6:52 PM
posted by geeblock

That’s closer to reality that Kamala Harris being more mean to Mike pence than trump 

You mean the accusation that Trump told his supporters to go kill Mike pence has no basis in reality?

Yet you still felt compelled to post that tweet because... why? 

Was that what you thought would be a good defense of Kamala?!

I'm really embarrassed for you right now FFS

Tue, Sep 3, 2024 6:58 PM
posted by geeblock

I call it more empathy than cosplay but at the end of the day it’s just more desperation because all your guy can really do is walk around saying trust me it will be bigly great 

I personally don't think either candidate is the sharpest tool in the shed. 

Kamala is going to have to find a way to reconcile her base to the establishment. Because right now she's got bigger problems than Kennedy Jr and Tulsi endorsing Trump. Right now the far left, who usually hold their noses and vote Democrat, are shredding her to bits and supporting Jill Stein. She is going to need those votes and right now she isn't even acknowledging their existence. 

Before you post some dumbass tweeting that Trump put out a kill order on Pence, maybe try getting upset at her instead of people on this forum posting the obvious.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Sep 3, 2024 7:12 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

You mean the accusation that Trump told his supporters to go kill Mike pence has no basis in reality?

Yet you still felt compelled to post that tweet because... why? 

Was that what you thought would be a good defense of Kamala?!

I'm really embarrassed for you right now FFS

The point was him actually saying with a straight face that Kamala was mean to Mike pence. It was embarrassingly hypocritical and total lack of self awareness. Really had nothing to do with the top quote. Do you think Kamala was worse to Mike pence than trump? 

geeblock Member
Tue, Sep 3, 2024 7:14 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I personally don't think either candidate is the sharpest tool in the shed. 

Kamala is going to have to find a way to reconcile her base to the establishment. Because right now she's got bigger problems than Kennedy Jr and Tulsi endorsing Trump. Right now the far left, who usually hold their noses and vote Democrat, are shredding her to bits and supporting Jill Stein. She is going to need those votes and right now she isn't even acknowledging their existence. 

Before you post some dumbass tweeting that Trump put out a kill order on Pence, maybe try getting upset at her instead of people on this forum posting the obvious.

I’m not upset with anyone. Just trying to even out the conversation as it seems to me not an election thread but a bash Kamala thread. Interesting you focused on the threat to Mike pence which wasn’t the point and ignored the other dumbass quotes by trump. I don’t always pick the people who provide the quotes they come up on the for u tab. It’s is always about the quote never the commentary for future reference. I assumed you knew what hyperbole was. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Sep 3, 2024 7:22 PM

Also trump has changed positions on the six week ban 3 times this week I don’t trust anything he says 

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 3, 2024 8:15 PM
posted by geeblock

Also trump has changed positions on the six week ban 3 times this week I don’t trust anything he says 

I'm sure that was the straw that broke the camels back and finally convinced you to vote blue lol

Tue, Sep 3, 2024 8:38 PM
posted by geeblock

The point was him actually saying with a straight face that Kamala was mean to Mike pence. It was embarrassingly hypocritical and total lack of self awareness. Really had nothing to do with the top quote. Do you think Kamala was worse to Mike pence than trump? 

I actually don't care if she was. He's not my uncle or friend or neighbor. He's a fucking politician, same as she is, and I wouldn't piss on either of them if they were on fire.

Tue, Sep 3, 2024 8:39 PM
posted by geeblock

I’m not upset with anyone. Just trying to even out the conversation as it seems to me not an election thread but a bash Kamala thread. Interesting you focused on the threat to Mike pence which wasn’t the point and ignored the other dumbass quotes by trump. I don’t always pick the people who provide the quotes they come up on the for u tab. It’s is always about the quote never the commentary for future reference. I assumed you knew what hyperbole was. 

We've already bashed Trump for YEARS. Sorry you weren't here for it, but you'll have to cope.

Tue, Sep 3, 2024 8:42 PM
posted by geeblock

In case you forgot, I didn't have any problem with people showcasing Trump saying stupid shit. I even said that I wasn't questioning the other tweets you posted. But once again you couldn't muster up reading comprehension past the 4th grade level.

Tue, Sep 3, 2024 8:44 PM

For the record we all made fun of Hillary Clinton when she faked accents and showed off her hot sauce. 

Sorry you weren't here to be offended on her behalf geeblock!

Tue, Sep 3, 2024 9:24 PM

Watching a far left livestream right now (sabby sabs) and earlier today she put up a poll. Right now it has over 2k votes and the results are interesting

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 4, 2024 7:18 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

We've already bashed Trump for YEARS. Sorry you weren't here for it, but you'll have to cope.

its an election thread, so im assuming i can post about trump.  As far as you bashing kamala everyday, im pretty sure no one but ptown and I are voting for her so im not sure who your audience is lol.  Unless you are trying to give them good info to use in their personal life to bash kamala.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2024 12:13 PM
posted by geeblock

I call it more empathy than cosplay but at the end of the day it’s just more desperation because all your guy can really do is walk around saying trust me it will be bigly great 

He has a 4 year record of tremendous success; it speaks for itself.

Wed, Sep 4, 2024 12:24 PM
posted by geeblock

its an election thread, so im assuming i can post about trump.  As far as you bashing kamala everyday, im pretty sure no one but ptown and I are voting for her so im not sure who your audience is lol.  Unless you are trying to give them good info to use in their personal life to bash kamala.

Well you're the one who claims to be balancing things out, not me.

The point is that there's not much new to criticize Trump  with when it's been done for the better part of a decade already. However, Kamala is "new" material and as such she is going to get her knocks. It is Kamala's job to have a platform, sell her policies (whatever they may actually be), unite the Dems and try to gather as many independents as she can. As far as I can see, she's only one point away from Trump in the polls and that's fucking ridiculous. She should be at least 5-7 pts ahead of him right now. I don't really believe polling that much anymore but a lot of people still do. So I go exploring what different factions are talking about to get a decent idea of where things stand. Why she isn't where she should be isn't my fault or anybody else's here. 

So what has she put out so far?

- Meg Thee Stallion twerking

- taking some of Trump's policies

- answering multiple choice questions in an 18 minute "interview" from a friend 

- taking Joe Biden's campaign strategy

- promised more wars

- and... I think that's it.

I hope she wins. In fact, I've already bet money on it. I want Dem voters to get everything they vote for, because I'm just that kind of an asshole.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2024 2:44 PM
posted by QuakerOats

He has a 4 year record of tremendous success; it speaks for itself.

Not really

Wed, Sep 4, 2024 3:58 PM

I did not see Tim Walz's family endorsing Trump on my bingo card. I guess Kennedy isn't the only one going through it:

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2024 4:24 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I did not see Tim Walz's family endorsing Trump on my bingo card. I guess Kennedy isn't the only one going through it:

And Trump has a few family members who have railed about him.

What does that tell you about sociopaths in politics who can't even get along with their own family members?  But, you know, Frank and Hunter LOVE Joe...

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Sep 4, 2024 4:24 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

If this is true, and not AI generated, looks like some of the family are smart and it's not Tim.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2024 4:41 PM

Cray if true….seems true 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2024 4:59 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Not really

Well, if you don't count:

low inflation

good economic growth