2024 Presidential Election Thread

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 18, 2024 9:52 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Fuck, you're old!

I do like the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin...

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 18, 2024 9:53 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

You clipped a snapshot picture of a secondary source. 

You just now posted the actual source. If you would have led with the primary source it would have made your argument more sound. 

Well, I actually watched the show that played the clip bitching about traffic and everything else.

Did you think I would just post random shit for no apparent reason or purpose? If you look at the screenie I took, you can see it's a clip from a news station and not one from the show I was watching. Don't have to be a genius to see it.

Sun, Aug 18, 2024 9:54 PM

I do like the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin...

It's your saving grace!

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 1:01 AM

So I'm watching a Jimmy Dore stream from earlier and they were marching  and chanting about Kamala but went to another chant at this point. You can see Jimmy Dore in the foreground and a Trump building in the background lol

https://www.youtube.com/live/vxYFFg1cUJs?si=YthTscpz3oMGnWxV

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Aug 19, 2024 10:41 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So I'm watching a Jimmy Dore stream from earlier and they were marching  and chanting about Kamala but went to another chant at this point. You can see Jimmy Dore in the foreground and a Trump building in the background lol

https://www.youtube.com/live/vxYFFg1cUJs?si=YthTscpz3oMGnWxV

You spend some serious effort on this stuff.  

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 11:16 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

You spend some serious effort on this stuff.  

It was a Sunday night or rather a Monday morning when there was nothing else to do.

But go ahead and comment on the most inane nonsense that catches your attention. Stay tuned, more to come!

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 11:56 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It was a Sunday night or rather a Monday morning when there was nothing else to do.

But go ahead and comment on the most inane nonsense that catches your attention. Stay tuned, more to come!

I was making an observation that you appear to go pretty deep in your research.  Nothing more.  

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 1:30 PM

I was making an observation that you appear to go pretty deep in your research.  Nothing more.  

LOL!

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 1:37 PM

Will Kamala channel her inner Maya Angelou at the convention?

What do you OC'rs think?

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Aug 19, 2024 2:12 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

What do you OC'rs think?

She comes across like the drunk housewife who's had too many glasses of wine.

For those voting because she's the "smart" one, this moron addressed a women's college basketball team and told them "how far they've come" because "up until 2022, women's basketball didn't have brackets in the NCAA tournament."

Dumb as a box of rocks. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 19, 2024 2:24 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

What do you OC'rs think?

I’m rooting for the protesters at the convention. All the violence 

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 4:23 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’m rooting for the protesters at the convention. All the violence 

Well, if Kamala doesn't want violence, she would hopefully understand that she can't pull her "I'm speaking!" type of scolding. 

So far, at least last night, things were pretty calm. I know the start off wasn't official yet so we will have to wait and see how the week goes. But the madness of crowds do tend to occur.

If things do get violent at least the Dems won't hold them accountable.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 19, 2024 5:09 PM

I don't know, I think Trump's statements and conduct the last month has been questionable and dare I say, he looks, "old". 

Is anyone watching his speeches anymore? They are a mess and even worse than before. 

Oh the irony here after we all had to be doctors to say things like this about Biden….”moderate”

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Aug 19, 2024 5:24 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, if Kamala doesn't want violence, she would hopefully understand that she can't pull her "I'm speaking!" type of scolding. 

So far, at least last night, things were pretty calm. I know the start off wasn't official yet so we will have to wait and see how the week goes. But the madness of crowds do tend to occur.

If things do get violent at least the Dems won't hold them accountable.

The funniest part about this, that I heard driving home today, is that the Dem's assumed Biden would be the candidate and there are apparently 19 items on their agenda referencing him. They were too lazy to edit it.

What's more funny is old Weekend at Bernie's is supposed to give a "passing of the torch" speech endorsing Harris. Would be awesome if he pulled a heel turn and ripped the party a new asshole on stage for forcing him out.

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 5:32 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

LOL!

What’s funny?

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 5:33 PM
posted by jmog

Oh the irony here after we all had to be doctors to say things like this about Biden….”moderate”

Let it go…

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 19, 2024 7:08 PM

Let it go…

It was two months ago, clown. Now asking if Trump is too old while Biden was mentally handicapped is hilarious.  I fucking hate Trump, wish it wasn’t him, but would never vote for communism. The rest of y’all are losers. 

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 7:24 PM
posted by iclfan2

It was two months ago, clown. Now asking if Trump is too old while Biden was mentally handicapped is hilarious.  I fucking hate Trump, wish it wasn’t him, but would never vote for communism. The rest of y’all are losers. 

“Let it go” is for jmog going on about P-Town and the doctor assertion.  Jmog made his point 136 times last month.  I was encouraging him to leave the issue behind - not Biden dropping out - but making his point that P-town was wrong to say only a doctor could diagnose Biden with dementia.  Jmog didn’t agree with that and made it ABUNDANTLY clear.

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 7:33 PM
posted by iclfan2

Yeah, I've said before that there isn't anything inherently wrong with right/left populism. Do I think Trump is the best person to sell it for the right - I have major doubts. 

The problem is that we will not see any productive populism unless or until we have a capable Congress that is willing to make the hard choices and have that fight. What we currently have is a Congress that is almost completely controlled by big donors, big pharma and the establishment alphabet entities - and have ceded their responsibilities to those groups.

It's why I don't like Presidents tossing out EO's like confetti. EO's are only supposed to be used during extreme or specific circumstances. 

Mon, Aug 19, 2024 7:40 PM

Kamala's iconic plan namely her homeowner proposal.

Every far left person I know of is vehemently against it and they make a convincing case why. It's targeted for the middle class, only. It does nothing for the working class except to set them up for foreclosure, where companies like Black Rock will happily buy those up. 

So far the far left isn't happy with, well, anything she's proposing. And neither is the right, naturally. Maybe she'll come up with something else that will gain their approval.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login