2024 Presidential Election Thread

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 16, 2024 10:48 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Women sleeping their way to positions of power is as old as time. Some women excelled at it in such a way that people hated them while simultaneously kissing their asses to reap the benefits of self-debasement. Marquise de Pompadour and Madame du Barry both with King Louis XV and Athenais de Montespan  with King Louis XIV are three excellent examples of this. Many men have done the same; castrati with their Sultans as an example. 

I have Madame du Barry’s rookie card

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 17, 2024 8:42 AM
posted by Ironman92

You laugh but those cards exist. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Aug 17, 2024 10:00 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I generally try to convey the differences between establishment Dems, the left and far left. To avoid repetition many times I make that distinction because of the topic or the context of whatever point I'm making.

Everybody else is able to comprehend what the differences are , even if they don't agree with my point, except the "educator" geeblock.

I admit that it IS kind of entertaining to keep pointing out the deficiencies of understanding he is eager to advertise. But doing so on a regular basis becomes tedious work.

1. Post something that isn’t true

2. Bemoan the fact that the liberal media machine doesnt  cover it (because it’s not true) 

3. Rinse Repeat 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 17, 2024 11:51 AM
posted by geeblock

1. Post something that isn’t true

2. Bemoan the fact that the liberal media machine doesnt  cover it (because it’s not true) 

3. Rinse Repeat 

What wasn't true?

Sat, Aug 17, 2024 2:47 PM
posted by Ironman92

I really need to get in on this card business!

du Barry

de Montespan

de Pompadour

Ok, enough frivolity from me lol!

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Aug 17, 2024 3:48 PM
posted by sportchampps

You laugh but those cards exist. 

PSA 5

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Aug 17, 2024 3:49 PM

Looking for the Fleer Pompad

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 18, 2024 3:49 PM
posted by Laley23

My dad wasn’t some scholar, but we all take things we have learned. And he instilled in me, “don’t be obtuse and stubborn, vote for the smartest person running”. Thus, 3 elections if D votes. And yes, my life has been MUCH better the last 4 years than the previous 4, just by not having Trump thrust down my throat every minute. 

Coming back to this. You think Kamala is smarter than Trump? That’s a joke, no matter how much you hate him. lol and your life has been better for 4 years bc there wasn’t mean tweets? You’d rather pay 30% more for everything? I literally only care about myself and my family. Nothing has been better these past 4 years. 
8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 18, 2024 4:17 PM
posted by iclfan2
Coming back to this. You think Kamala is smarter than Trump? That’s a joke, no matter how much you hate him. lol and your life has been better for 4 years bc there wasn’t mean tweets? You’d rather pay 30% more for everything? I literally only care about myself and my family. Nothing has been better these past 4 years. 

I think there is a debate between how much inflation was result of the pandemic and how much was related to Biden's policies.

To me, the entire world economy shifted and changed during the pandemic, meaning that the way it was before March 2020 is not coming back.

The supply chains were completely shifted and prices jumped in 20 and 21 and I still think we are seeing the result of that today. Yes, I do think the extra cash we all had during the pandemic also helped, but to me, the disruption and shifting of costs and labor played a bigger part.

Thinking backwards and assuming if Trump comes back into office, prices will go back to the way they were or radically reduce is a fantasy. The world and national economy is completely different. Inflation has been coming down, too slowly for all of us, but it is coming down.

Interest rates higher are also a killer but those should come down in the next quarter and next year as well. 

I'll also add Trump's recent comments on more tariffs are really dumb and will lead to higher prices, not lower ones. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 18, 2024 4:29 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I think there is a debate between how much inflation was result of the pandemic and how much was related to Biden's policies.

To me, the entire world economy shifted and changed during the pandemic, meaning that the way it was before March 2020 is not coming back.

The supply chains were completely shifted and prices jumped in 20 and 21 and I still think we are seeing the result of that today. Yes, I do think the extra cash we all had during the pandemic also helped, but to me, the disruption and shifting of costs and labor played a bigger part.

Thinking backwards and assuming if Trump comes back into office, prices will go back to the way they were or radically reduce is a fantasy. The world and national economy is completely different. Inflation has been coming down, too slowly for all of us, but it is coming down.

Interest rates higher are also a killer but those should come down in the next quarter and next year as well. 

I'll also add Trump's recent comments on more tariffs are really dumb and will lead to higher prices, not lower ones. 

I’ll add I think Trump is stupid. I left my global textile company in 2020 so I can’t answer how that sector was affected. Kamala is a retard though. Who voted for the “inflation reduction act”?

Sun, Aug 18, 2024 7:59 PM

The absolute irony of requiring ID, behind a newly built wall, to go watch a convention. 

Thousands of protesters have already started their shit today. I'm wondering how many more will come.

Sun, Aug 18, 2024 8:04 PM

I don't think Kamala is stupid; she wouldn't have passed the bar if she was. But she is utterly vapid, while being ideologically enthralled - which can arguably be worse than stupid.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Aug 18, 2024 8:39 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

The absolute irony of requiring ID, behind a newly built wall, to go watch a convention. 

Thousands of protesters have already started their shit today. I'm wondering how many more will come.

Is that real?

Sun, Aug 18, 2024 8:50 PM
posted by Ironman92

Is that real?

Yes. The guy pictured is a resident in that area complaining that the city never warned them of protests and the organizers of the convention keep moving the walls, which affects people who live there.

Sun, Aug 18, 2024 9:03 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Yes. The guy pictured is a resident in that area complaining that the city never warned them of protests and the organizers of the convention keep moving the walls, which affects people who live there.

Is that what he actually said, or is that your summary of the site? Citation as well? 

Most conventions have required ID to head inside the actual event since 1968. 

Sun, Aug 18, 2024 9:06 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I don't think Kamala is stupid; she wouldn't have passed the bar if she was. But she is utterly vapid, while being ideologically enthralled - which can arguably be worse than stupid.

I don't know, I think Trump's statements and conduct the last month has been questionable and dare I say, he looks, "old". 

Is anyone watching his speeches anymore? They are a mess and even worse than before. 

Sun, Aug 18, 2024 9:27 PM

I don't know, I think Trump's statements and conduct the last month has been questionable and dare I say, he looks, "old". 

Is anyone watching his speeches anymore? They are a mess and even worse than before. 

Well, no argument from me about Trump's speeches.

But, are you able to take anything said about a Democrat without bringing Trump into as some sort of deflection? Is it beyond you to just leave Trump out of something?

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Aug 18, 2024 9:28 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Seems to me like one side can literally do anything and then anything they use for an answer or reason is ok.

Reminds me of the last decade+ of Reds managers

Sun, Aug 18, 2024 9:30 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, no argument from me about Trump's speeches.

But, are you able to take anything said about a Democrat without bringing Trump into as some sort of deflection? Is it beyond you to just leave Trump out of something?

In this election, like most, it is an either or.....

Pick a side.

Sun, Aug 18, 2024 9:30 PM

Is that what he actually said, or is that your summary of the site? Citation as well? 

Most conventions have required ID to head inside the actual event since 1968. 

It was a clip from (I think) a local Chicago news station that this show featured. You can watch the show here:

https://www.youtube.com/live/2Tmh4jRQBU8?si=NnKyBK0fUim-GYtI

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login