2024 Presidential Election Thread

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 12:01 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It wasn't trolling. It's already happened.

Link? 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 7:36 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Not really a good scenario for me because, while I believe in God, I'm not a zealot. 

I also don't like putting makeup on little girls, dress them in skimpy bikinis and have them parade around and pose for the amusement of adults. 

This isn't even a matter of politics, it's a matter of principal. And to try to downplay any of it (one is too much) says more about you than it does me and I say that under no uncertain terms.

There are a lot of things that happen that aren’t good.  That doesn’t mean they happen often or everywhere.  This trans without parents knowledge reeks of a boogeyman in the same vein as satanic panic, cults, gays in the military ruining our defense, red scare, etc.  

geeblock Member
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 9:43 AM

I’m sure they also think that the democrats are killing babies after they are born also. I have a friend who went off on me last week saying how can I vote for a party that kids babies after birth. 

This I believe is why the gop can’t win until they stop peddling lies that reasonable people can easily see through. No one is killing babies after they are born and they aren’t stealing your child so they can change their sex. 

geeblock Member
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 10:09 AM

Just like they don’t necessarily have tampons in boys bathrooms 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 10:50 AM

You guys are just getting stupid now. I can't speak for anybody else, but I specifically said that trans surgeries on minors probably happened by the hundreds if not thousands. Which, out of an estimated 300k is a lowball number. And then you guys pretend that your skin is melting off. 

I will give you more fuel, though!

I'm against against politician who supports any "trans affirming care" for kids. Let the theatrics begin, GO!

https://ohiochatter.com/forum/politics/transgenderism

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 11:01 AM

What's the next topic? School litter boxes? 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 11:12 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

You guys are just getting stupid now. I can't speak for anybody else, but I specifically said that trans surgeries on minors probably happened by the hundreds if not thousands. Which, out of an estimated 300k is a lowball number. And then you guys pretend that your skin is melting off. 

I will give you more fuel, though!

I'm against against politician who supports any "trans affirming care" for kids. Let the theatrics begin, GO!

https://ohiochatter.com/forum/politics/transgenderism

It’s all good, no one is melting.  This trans fear will pass and some other new topic will appear.  Kids won’t be “pushed” against their parents will.  

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 11:34 AM
posted by geeblock

But they have a parent there. U said parents plural which is two different things. 

After reading up on the law this description of the law is also not correct or complete. 

Parents plural, as in multiple children and therefore multiple parents.

That is what the law says is allowed. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 11:35 AM

Someone wake me when the discussion goes away from some random talking point boogeyman and back to something important I can at least pretend to care about.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 11:37 AM
posted by Laley23

Honest question. How is that different from any other Dr visit/appointment. My wife takes care of all our kids immunizations, check ups, etc. I’m never consulted… what is different here? All I just read was that a parent is indeed aware and present, which contradicts everything I have read (which is definitely misleading because I’ve tried to avoid any topic on it so only see each sides extreme hate/excuse).

I would think chopping off body parts or chemically castrating your child is a little more important for all parties to be aware and consenting on than getting a vaccine. 

If it’s a married couple 1 parent shouldn’t be allowed to make huge life altering decisions on the children like amputations without the other parent, except in emergency life or death cases (like amputate the leg now or they will die).

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 11:39 AM
posted by geeblock

The set of circumstances that would allow one parent to not be notified is extremely narrow and unlikely. Certainly the way he described the whole process I’m going to assume was trolling. 

It’s already happened, and it was just like that. Dont call someone a troll when you are the one wrong, looks bad.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 11:41 AM
posted by geeblock

I’m sure they also think that the democrats are killing babies after they are born also. I have a friend who went off on me last week saying how can I vote for a party that kids babies after birth. 

This I believe is why the gop can’t win until they stop peddling lies that reasonable people can easily see through. No one is killing babies after they are born and they aren’t stealing your child so they can change their sex. 

1. It’s laughable to call one party full of lies and not call the other side the same. Rs saying Ds are killing already born babies is like the Ds saying Rs want to force 12 year old rape victims of incest to be forced to have their baby even if they are going to die from child birth. 

geeblock Member
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 11:53 AM
posted by jmog

It’s already happened, and it was just like that. Dont call someone a troll when you are the one wrong, looks 

Please provide links the the law where it says that and links to where this happened. I’ll leave it at that. 
jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 11:55 AM

All studies admit that close to 20,000 kids have at least been put on puberty blockers (which are chemical castration drugs given to sex offenders as well) in the US in the last few years. 

Studies also show that 80% of gender dysphoria patients that start any form of transition as a child transition back as an adult and regret it. 

Those that had actual surgeries are changed for life and lupron and other  puberty blockers also have life altering affects.  Some are infertile permanently.

Fri, Aug 9, 2024 1:51 PM
posted by Heretic

Someone wake me when the discussion goes away from some random talking point boogeyman and back to something important I can at least pretend to care about.

I tried to bring the topic back to the upcoming election a couple of times, but you know how people are lol

Fri, Aug 9, 2024 1:53 PM
posted by geeblock
Please provide links the the law where it says that and links to where this happened. I’ll leave it at that. 

We have talked about this early in the trans thread, I believe. Please go look.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 2:09 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I tried to bring the topic back to the upcoming election a couple of times, but you know how people are lol

Well, let's try this: How much of an effect will Kennedy have and which side will he pull more votes from?

On one hand, he would have run as a D if he hadn't been froze out of the club and given no legit chance at going against Biden, which would put the lean that way. On the other, Online MAGA seems big mad because Joe Rogan endorsed Kennedy and with how the right loved him due to things like questioning COVID protocols, that gives me the impression there's at least a little fear that his status could lead to younger voters who dig his show going to Kennedy.

I mean, overall, third party candidates never do well, but with as close as these things can be, I don't know that he'd need to have overly big numbers to affect who wins, assuming he pulls noticeably more from one side than the other, especially in this current era where voting D or R tends to require holding your nose and reluctantly voting for the less shitty choice.

Fri, Aug 9, 2024 3:43 PM

I think Kennedy will pull equally between

- the far left who are just absolutely ravaging the Harris/Walz ticket (I mean they loath this ticket)

- the average Republican who doesn't really know what populism is and won't look up anything on their own (exactly how some people are here)

I wonder if he will draw Ross Perot levels of votes, it will be interesting to watch and see.

I also hope that, with half of the states keeping their Covid procedures, that the whole vote counting process goes much faster than they did last time. Because when important electoral states take so long to come to a final count after a huge vote dump occurs, it's a foregone conclusion that people are going to be suspicious. 

I personally see no good reason to allow that to happen again, especially with the option of early voting. Also, we need to have a national discussion about ballot harvesting imo. It seems to be the current consensus that as long as the Dems have a well oiled machine for this, if the Republicans ever catch on and gain the upper hand with it, the cries of foul will just drag on only from the other side. So it makes sense to me to figure this out before we reach that stage. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 4:17 PM

I’m on board with the tallying of votes. There is no reason to hit bed after midnight and having no clue,

If one side or the other is leading all night and then makes a huge turnaround over night…..everyone should be skeptical.

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 9, 2024 5:08 PM
posted by Ironman92

I’m on board with the tallying of votes. There is no reason to hit bed after midnight and having no clue,

If one side or the other is leading all night and then makes a huge turnaround over night…..everyone should be skeptical.

Republicans will always be way "ahead". Polls close sooner in the country and the amount of people voting is 1/100th of cities. To say someone is "ahead" in an election is just dumb. No one is ahead. They either win or lose. This isn't a sport.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login