2024 Presidential Election Thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 1, 2024 7:53 PM
posted by Trueblue23

And her views are....... dumb at best, absolutely retarded at worst.

Doesn't matter.

The Dems want a woman president so bad they can taste it. Doubly so now, since Hillary lost.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Aug 1, 2024 8:54 PM
posted by jmog

Couple years ago for Christmas my wife got me a kit and class at the local range where you build an AR from just a box of parts. Was a fun time, did it with my dad and sister….so added 3 ARs to the “bottom of the lake” that day.

Better buy those before Kamala wins, she said she was banning them inside of 100 days….

That’s what I was thinking 

geeblock Member
Thu, Aug 1, 2024 8:56 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

How practiced are you with guns? If you don't shoot on the regular I wouldn't recommend those for you. Maybe get yourself a handgun first. Then move on to other guns.

I haven’t shot a gun since high school but it’s not rocket science so  I feel ok . Hopefully I’ll never have to shoot it or worst case scenario my wife and I go to shooting range for date night. They have places here you can shoot and have a steak dinner 

geeblock Member
Thu, Aug 1, 2024 8:57 PM
posted by geeblock

I haven’t shot a gun since high school but it’s not rocket science so  I feel ok . Hopefully I’ll never have to shoot it or worst case scenario my wife and I go to shooting range for date night. They have places here you can shoot and have a steak dinner 

If these guns do what they say they do I feel I need one. I probably will get a pistol at some point. Do u have a recommendation?

geeblock Member
Thu, Aug 1, 2024 9:00 PM
posted by geeblock

That’s what I was thinking 

Also these guys are kind of a pistol with some extra shit right? Obviously more powerful 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 1, 2024 9:04 PM
posted by geeblock

I would suggest a course, they usually aren’t that expensive and most modern ranges offer safety courses for all types of weapons.

Ours even offers a course just for women but I think that one is for CCW and small hand guns.

Thu, Aug 1, 2024 9:26 PM
posted by geeblock

If these guns do what they say they do I feel I need one. I probably will get a pistol at some point. Do u have a recommendation?

I have several, from revolvers to a couple 9mm's. I think it's a good idea to have at least one revolver since they won't misfire like, for example, a Ruger will. 

I also have a small handful of shotguns in my safe and one by my bed. I keep one there since if a situation should happen all I have to do is point it in the general direction. Its loaded with double ought buck (OO buck) shells, so yeah, aiming it in the general direction is all that's needed lol

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Aug 1, 2024 9:27 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

That's exactly what she did, though. Obviously because she needs Pennsylvania. She had to flip flop.

What bothered you more - that she flipped or that QO said it?

Politicians who flip flop don’t bother me.  Name me one who hasn’t.

Not bothered about QO’s opinion either.  He’s predictable in his politics, but a good dude nonetheless.

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 2, 2024 8:27 AM

The whole "is she black or indian" thing is really dumb.  Major misstep by the Trump campaign.  

Kamala's views and policies are absolutely ridiculous, focus on that instead of stupid identity politics. 

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
Fri, Aug 2, 2024 8:29 AM

What a moron

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 2, 2024 9:07 AM

Kamala may be the president before the election.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 2, 2024 10:13 AM
posted by Trueblue23

The whole "is she black or indian" thing is really dumb.  Major misstep by the Trump campaign. 

I don't recall ever hearing it as an issue.  It COULD have been a winning strategy if executed properly, which is a an attack on identity politics where Kamala is alternately asian, black, bipoc or indian depending on the audience...and then contrasted by "but she grew up privileged, daughter of two Stanford professors" etc.

Many of Trump's attacks could be more effective if they weren't delivered from the mouth of a vulgar 3rd grader.  In this case, because he botched the attack he just ends up looking like an ignorant racist.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 2, 2024 10:21 AM
posted by gut

because he botched the attack he just ends up looking like an ignorant racist.

I'd argue there are two reasons he looks like that.
gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 2, 2024 10:22 AM
posted by Trueblue23

What a moron

It's only a matter of time before she reminds people why her 2020 campaign was such a failure.  At this point, to be honest, I struggle to understand if she is just horribly awkward, or her attempts to be hip and charismatic just come off as completely fake and pandering.

Give her campaign credit - they've managed to run the meme version of the basement campaign letting charismatic surrogates make Kamala seem likable.  All Kamala has to do is stand there and smile.  But can they run an entire campaign like that?  I'm sure she can probably manage two solid debates, but otherwise the less we see and hear from Kamala the better off she is.

I mean Trump would have a lot to do with her getting elected POTUS, but it would be remarkable for someone who flamed out so spectacularly in the 2020 primary, doesn't run or get a single 2024 primary vote, and then somehow ends up on top of the ticket to win election.

She'll have no mandate, and unclear whether she would actually be the leader of the Democratic party.  Could be a continuation of the shadow govt running the Biden admin currently.

I also wonder if the Dems really want her to win, because I think they'll pay a price in the 2026 mid-terms and then do they let her run unopposed in 2028 after the 2024 Biden disaster?  I think the hope is that she lets them win the House, and possibly the Senate...party might be better off in that scenario with Trump if they don't win the Senate.

Fri, Aug 2, 2024 10:35 AM

So the DOJ pays off some of their co- conspirators lol

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
Fri, Aug 2, 2024 10:45 AM
posted by gut

It's only a matter of time before she reminds people why her 2020 campaign was such a failure.  At this point, to be honest, I struggle to understand if she is just horribly awkward, or her attempts to be hip and charismatic just come off as completely fake and pandering.

Give her campaign credit - they've managed to run the meme version of the basement campaign letting charismatic surrogates make Kamala seem likable.  All Kamala has to do is stand there and smile.  But can they run an entire campaign like that?  I'm sure she can probably manage two solid debates, but otherwise the less we see and hear from Kamala the better off she is.

I mean Trump would have a lot to do with her getting elected POTUS, but it would be remarkable for someone who flamed out so spectacularly in the 2020 primary, doesn't run or get a single 2024 primary vote, and then somehow ends up on top of the ticket to win election.

She'll have no mandate, and unclear whether she would actually be the leader of the Democratic party.  Could be a continuation of the shadow govt running the Biden admin currently.

I also wonder if the Dems really want her to win, because I think they'll pay a price in the 2026 mid-terms and then do they let her run unopposed in 2028 after the 2024 Biden disaster?  I think the hope is that she lets them win the House, and possibly the Senate...party might be better off in that scenario with Trump if they don't win the Senate.

Yeah she's just the next Biden, a useful idiot for the folks behind her.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 2, 2024 11:15 AM
posted by Trueblue23

Kamala's views and policies are absolutely ridiculous, focus on that instead of stupid identity politics. 

Yeah….not seeing how this changes the black vote for black thing. Those voting because she is a black woman will still be voting for her

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 2, 2024 11:58 AM
posted by Trueblue23

Well, we are talking about the guy whose idea to stop Obama was to bring up "Birther-gate", so it was him remaining true to form.

Fri, Aug 2, 2024 12:13 PM
posted by Heretic

Well, we are talking about the guy whose idea to stop Obama was to bring up "Birther-gate", so it was him remaining true to form.

Hillary's idea. But yes, Trump blew it up to outrageous proportions.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 2, 2024 12:17 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So the DOJ pays off some of their co- conspirators lol

BINGO

National disgrace

No one can take better care of itself than the deep state

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login