2024 Presidential Election Thread

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 25, 2024 6:29 PM
posted by Trueblue23

The fascination with Project 2025 is an expert level course in propaganda. 

I posted the link to the project, authors and all. You can read it for yourself

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 25, 2024 6:29 PM

LOL Kamala reads prepared remarks on the war in Gaza and then leaves without taking questions.  Probably a good move - "the speech threads the needle, don't mess it up riffing or responding off-the-cuff to questions".

I thought the content was very good, but wow that delivery.  She could barely look away from the prompter.  That's public speaking 101 - looking down to read almost every word indicates you either don't believe what you're saying, or aren't in command of the topic.  At best, just unprepared to deliver those remarks.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 25, 2024 6:39 PM

Ptown has outed himself.

As for Kamala there is a reason she is not the popular choice of her party.  The power brokers have to give her a go.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 25, 2024 6:48 PM

Well, Van Jones has declared that 20,000 black men will protect Kamala Harris. I guess from Trump's mean words. 

I say that if Hillary Clinton can take it, so can Kamala. Women who have reached that point of power have every ability to weather mean names or heavy criticism. 

majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Jul 25, 2024 6:53 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

20,000 black men 

Diversity?

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 26, 2024 12:27 PM
posted by majorspark

Ptown has outed himself.

As for Kamala there is a reason she is not the popular choice of her party.  The power brokers have to give her a go.

What for posting the primary source for Project 2025 and explaining how people rotate in and out of think tanks? 

I do find it funny no one has actually commented on the details of the project...

I do think some on here would be big fans of portions of it. I even like some portions of it. 

Fri, Jul 26, 2024 1:23 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

What for posting the primary source for Project 2025 and explaining how people rotate in and out of think tanks? 

I do find it funny no one has actually commented on the details of the project...

I do think some on here would be big fans of portions of it. I even like some portions of it. 

I have only read parts of it myself. With what I have read, I've got to say, I'm  mostly indifferent. 

Who all partook in cobbling it together doesn't fill me with fear or dread. It doesn't make me like them or dislike them. I've seen better Christmas wish lists.

That very well has the ability to change my viewpoint if your predictions come true. But as long as it isn't happening *right now", I'm not concerned.

I'm more afraid of spiders, who should all die in a fire. They are currently an existential threat to my well-being in real life.

majorspark Senior Member
Fri, Jul 26, 2024 1:43 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I even like some portions of it. 

So its a moderate ideology.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Jul 26, 2024 9:25 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I have only read parts of it myself. With what I have read, I've got to say, I'm  mostly indifferent. 

Who all partook in cobbling it together doesn't fill me with fear or dread. It doesn't make me like them or dislike them. I've seen better Christmas wish lists.

That very well has the ability to change my viewpoint if your predictions come true. But as long as it isn't happening *right now", I'm not concerned.

I'm more afraid of spiders, who should all die in a fire. They are currently an existential threat to my well-being in real life.

Similarly scotus appointees said they had no plans to go after roe vs wade during confirmation correct?  Every bill or law starts as an idea. You don’t necessarily disagree with these ideas so of course you don’t care. I’m sure if project 2025 said free health care, free head start, or some idea the dems had that you disagreed with you would similarly post negatively about it. 

Fri, Jul 26, 2024 10:01 PM
posted by geeblock

Similarly scotus appointees said they had no plans to go after roe vs wade during confirmation correct?  Every bill or law starts as an idea. You don’t necessarily disagree with these ideas so of course you don’t care. I’m sure if project 2025 said free health care or some idea the dems had that you disagreed with you would similarly post negatively about it. 

SCOTUS didn't "go after" Roe v Wade. The case made its way to them. And rather than legislate from the bench, they sent it back to the states. I don't have an argument against that. 

Present to me and argument where they should not have kicked it to the states.

Present to me and argument as to why SCOTUS should legislate from the bench.

Congress makes laws. And as I've told you before, the Dems wasted decades of majorities and super majorities because campaign promises gather donations whereas laws do not.

As for Med4All, the Dems won't even hold a simple floor vote. They wouldn't even do it when they had leverage. 

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 27, 2024 12:26 AM

Oh come on fan, you know don’Dann well 5 of the justices went after Roe after they swore the wouldn’t. The Supreme Court legislates all of the time. Let’s examine qualified immunity and and civil forfeiture laws.  If I wasn’t so fucked up, I would give you a few other obscenitile thoughts. However, I wil choose Tia lambast my hyperbolic verbiage’s at you to call you a pee pee head

Sat, Jul 27, 2024 7:58 AM
posted by Devils Advocate

Oh come on fan, you know don’Dann well 5 of the justices went after Roe after they swore the wouldn’t. The Supreme Court legislates all of the time. Let’s examine qualified immunity and and civil forfeiture laws.  If I wasn’t so fucked up, I would give you a few other obscenitile thoughts. However, I wil choose Tia lambast my hyperbolic verbiage’s at you to call you a pee pee head

LOL!

geeblock Member
majorspark Senior Member
Sat, Jul 27, 2024 10:06 AM

This is currently the case.  In fact some adults with children not only pay less tax but in some cases get paid tax money.

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 27, 2024 10:22 AM
posted by majorspark

This is currently the case.  In fact some adults with children not only pay less tax but in some cases get paid tax money.

I agree, I’ve never thought it was fair that people get thousands in credits for having kids  for 18 years while I  pay 25% tax rate. Then complain about student loan forgiveness cause they can’t get it . 

majorspark Senior Member
Sat, Jul 27, 2024 10:42 AM

Fairness does not buy votes.

Sat, Jul 27, 2024 10:44 AM
posted by geeblock

I agree, I’ve never thought it was fair that people get thousands in credits for having kids  for 18 years while I  pay 25% tax rate. Then complain about student loan forgiveness cause they can’t get it . 

Facts

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 27, 2024 11:13 AM
posted by geeblock

Similarly scotus appointees said they had no plans to go after roe vs wade during confirmation correct?  Every bill or law starts as an idea. You don’t necessarily disagree with these ideas so of course you don’t care. I’m sure if project 2025 said free health care, free head start, or some idea the dems had that you disagreed with you would similarly post negatively about it. 

I am genuinely curious, because I saw some of their confirmation hearings but not all of them.

Who said they weren’t going after Roe v Wade during their confirmation hearings and what words were said?

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 27, 2024 11:16 AM
posted by geeblock

He’ll no wtf 

https://x.com/acnewsitics/status/1816910176219431410?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

You do realize that what he said is literally already the tax law right?

You get to claim your children and get child tax credits. So 2 people making $100k and one of them has 3 kids while the other has none….the one without any already pays a higher effective tax rate. 

You may not like what he said but what he said is literally already tax law.

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 27, 2024 11:19 AM
posted by jmog

I am genuinely curious, because I saw some of their confirmation hearings but not all of them.

Who said they weren’t going after Roe v Wade during their confirmation hearings and what words were said?

None of them did, they simply refused to speculate on precedence or  possible future cases.... a practice that was widely accepted when started by Ruth Bader-Ginsburg.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login