2024 Presidential Election Thread

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 9:08 AM
posted by like_that

Anyway, good move for the Dems to whack Biden (anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional) and force down a candidate that nobody would have voted for in a real primary. The media will do their best to paint Kamala as another Obama movement, and I think she will do better than Biden, but Kamala has the same problem as Biden. The only real thing going for her campaign is Trump (sprinkle in her sex and race).  I could obviously be wrong, but if their entire strategy is orange man is bad, I don’t think the result will be any different than if Biden were the candidate (which was his strategy).

Just like any of the other potential Dam's that could've run (Whitmer, Shapiro, Newsome, etc) Harris is just going to double down on Biden's horrible policies as her platform. You'd think with inflation, border issues, etc that would be more than enough for voters to run in the opposite direction.....but the Dem's are pretty dumb in this matter and would vote for a potato if it had a "D" next to it. They already did in 2020.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 9:11 AM

Tulsi weighs in:

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 10:43 AM

lol.

From 2021:

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 12:42 PM
posted by BR1986FB

So riddle me this, if Harris selects Josh Shapiro (PA-Governor) and is married to a Jewish man, how is that going to fly with heavily Muslim laden states like Michigan? Not racist, just a legit question.

First and foremost this thought is born from identity politics.  You are commenting on a small political forum worried about being labeled a racist.  You are not.  This is the shackles they use to imprison people not physically but mentally.  Unfortunately it works.

Muslims, jews, hispanics, blacks, whites, native Americans, women and whatever other label we are supposed to use are all individuals who have the ability to think for themselves.  When they live in freedom.

As for your Jewish question "no pun intended" Take the nation of Israel.  They are as divided as our country is.  Their current leader has been attacked via the legal system by their political left.  Riots protest and civil war talk.  There are far left jews that believe in the idea of land for peace.  Also some are just leftists no matter what.

All these "groups" have killed, enslaved, raped, conquered , and taken spoils.  Not just on the other "groups" but also on their own.  Its all about gaining power.  Manipulation to force of arms.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 2:23 PM

The media loves you until you put an R next to your name…

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTNHwuQju/

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 2:25 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Tulsi weighs in:

If Trump had chosen her as VP he could have had 350 EVs

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 2:27 PM
posted by jmog

If Trump had chosen her as VP he could have had 350 EVs

Heard rumblings about some second-guessing of The Vance Choice. Apparently, he looked at Biden as weak enough to feel all he needed to do was keep his base fired up, so he went with a mini-me. Now that he doesn't have the "old, feeble" card to play, there are thoughts he should have gone for someone more likely to garner him swing votes, as Vance isn't going to do that.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 2:34 PM
posted by Heretic

Heard rumblings about some second-guessing of The Vance Choice. Apparently, he looked at Biden as weak enough to feel all he needed to do was keep his base fired up, so he went with a mini-me. Now that he doesn't have the "old, feeble" card to play, there are thoughts he should have gone for someone more likely to garner him swing votes, as Vance isn't going to do that.

Especially with Vance from Ohio which is pretty much a lock for Trump to begin with.

RFK, Tulsi, Vivek, all would have brought some of the middle of the road people over.

majorspark Senior Member
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 3:26 PM
posted by jmog

RFK, Tulsi, Vivek, all would have brought some of the middle of the road people 

And lose ten times more.  Its a pipe dream.  That is reality.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 3:29 PM
posted by majorspark

And lose ten times more.  Its a pipe dream.  That is reality.

You think they lose more base votes than they gain in the middle?

I don’t think Trump’s base is going anywhere unless he has picked like Hillary or something  

Wed, Jul 24, 2024 4:23 PM

Vance doesn't make me want to vote for Trump.

Tulsi would have had me vote for Trump. Because he's old, my vote would have really been for the VP.

majorspark Senior Member
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 4:44 PM
posted by jmog

You think they lose more base votes than they gain in the middle?

Yes I do.  A lot of ground to hoe with a Hindu, Buddhist, and leftist Catholic. Reality.

Activists win they always do. Again just speaking in reality. 

There has always been a useless "middle".   The "middle" did not win the revolutionary war. Nor does it in peaceful politics. 

Lets just be honest with ourselves.  The Libertarians that pop up are weak fails.  All of them.  We may agree but no chance.

Unity in government only happens in totalitarian regimes.  The founders divided it.  We will be good. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 6:45 PM
posted by jmog

Has his cognitive decline been the problem, or just his "age". You keep trying to just use age when no one gives a crap about his age. They just want someone physically and mentally capable of doing the job. I've met 90 year olds that could handle it, I've met 40 year olds that can't.

No one cares about age.

Is he mentally capable, yes or no. You keep trying to use age to not admit to totally screwing up the mental faculty discussion over the last 3 years. 

Just admit you were wrong, not that difficult.

Man, take the W lol. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 6:47 PM
posted by like_that

Anyway, good move for the Dems to whack Biden (anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional) and force down a candidate that nobody would have voted for in a real primary. The media will do their best to paint Kamala as another Obama movement, and I think she will do better than Biden, but Kamala has the same problem as Biden. The only real thing going for her campaign is Trump (sprinkle in her sex and race).  I could obviously be wrong, but if their entire strategy is orange man is bad, I don’t think the result will be any different than if Biden were the candidate (which was his strategy).

I actually agree with this. I do think it also matters how much the Project 2025 agenda sticks with voters. 

Again, those people that wrote it will be in the next Trump administration.

Wed, Jul 24, 2024 8:01 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I actually agree with this. I do think it also matters how much the Project 2025 agenda sticks with voters. 

If P2025 was truly the dems' boogeyman then they are humping it much too early. They should have waited til around late September early October to get the best effect. Clutching pearls about it now is a pleasure thrill, to be sure, but that feeling will be mostly desensitized by then.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 8:06 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

You were dead wrong about the Biden and needing to be a doctor thing, so color me skeptical that the writers will all be in Trumps Admin when he just called make of P2025 far right wing nonsense. 

But we’ll see, won’t hold my breath, but we’ll see. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 8:10 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

If P2025 was truly the dems' boogeyman then they are humping it much too early. They should have waited til around late September early October to get the best effect. Clutching pearls about it now is a pleasure thrill, to be sure, but that feeling will be mostly desensitized by then.

They started trumpeting it (see what I did there?) right after the debate debacle.

It was one of 2 things:

1. They truly thought Biden was staying in and they needed a distraction for a month or so to figure out their Weekend at Bernie’s strategy.

2. They knew Biden would fail at the debate since they have known, and tried to hide from the public, about his failing cognitive abilities, and they had it teed up as the distraction during the “we have to figure out who our next candidate is going to be while we throw Biden out to the pasture”.

There is part of me that believes the Dems knew how bad Biden was at this point and that’s why they pushed for the earliest debate in history. Get him off the ticket after a debacle before the conventions so they had time.  

Wed, Jul 24, 2024 8:58 PM
posted by jmog

There is part of me that believes the Dems knew how bad Biden was at this point and that’s why they pushed for the earliest debate in history. Get him off the ticket after a debacle before the conventions so they had time.  

This is mostly what I think. The wall they ran into was that they didn't have a stable of people with high name recognition with good (doesn't have to be great) accomplishments. They have focused all of their energy in orange man bad! for 8yrs that they didn't put any energy into grooming anybody to be at the ready. So now they have painted themselves into a corner and only have Kamala. 

Ok, so what they should be doing is have their stenographers pointing out all of her strong points and focusing on how to play up her good points, in whatever way they can to give their voters something to vote for.

But they aren't. They are focusing on P2025. And to be fair, it's working. Ptown is carrying it as we've already seen. The problem that lies beneath is that it's really early to be doing that. It will be a spent dick come the end of September.

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 11:46 PM

I’ll give you a theory that might have been conspired upon. I think Joe never intended on running and the thought was to do as they have done KNOWING that Kamala would never won a primary

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 25, 2024 12:02 AM

The same people telling us the P2025 folks are going to be in Trump's administration are the same people telling us right up until the debate that Biden was "sharp as a tack".  Same people that told us for 3+ years Trump stole the election colluding with Russia.

At least this gives some substance to HOW Trump is going to "destroy Democracy".  Unlike their policies which have none.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login