2024 Presidential Election Thread

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 3:40 PM
posted by jmog

Age isn't the point, that is what everyone has been trying to tell you for 3+ years. Saying "Biden is too old" is purposefully dodging the point. 

You are either lying, or you are just being obtuse.

And since you said "we disagree on what level", I will assume you actually meant his cognitive decline, as no one refers to age as "level".  You will continue to call it "age" instead of cognitive decline, dementia, alzheimers, etc because calling it anything other than age will be you admitting you were dead wrong.

So, a couple questions:

1. Do you believe Biden, right now, is cognitively fit to be President?

If your answer is no...

2. How long do you believe he hasn't been cognitively fit to be President?

If your answer is yes...we live in different realities as every single human being, doctor or not, with any amount of intellectual honesty knows he is not fit to be President due to his cognitive decline. 

I've said for 3+ years Biden is too old to be President. My disagreement has been a technical one. 

It is one thing to say he is too old. I mean as in his body and or mind start to fail.  It is another to say for a FACT he has dementia. That is where I pointed out unless you are a doctor, you do not know for a fact that he has dementia. 

You are equating that decline to dementia and I am not. That is our difference. 

I thought Biden was old in 2020, but he went really downhill in his speaking abilities and movement the last year. 

I do think Biden is too old and too frail to be President beyond 2025. I do not think he has dementia as I do not have any scientific or medical evidence. Neither does anyone else on this board. 

I do think now it is a good actual question to debate or ask if the President can make it to January. 

I'd be in favor of him stepping down as President currently. 

I consider the matter closed now, and let's move on. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 3:44 PM

Juat as a FYI, here is the full Project 2025 sections. Each of them are written by former Trump officials or people that are likely to be involved in the next Trump administration. 

https://www.project2025.org/policy/

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 8:06 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I've said for 3+ years Biden is too old to be President. My disagreement has been a technical one. 

It is one thing to say he is too old. I mean as in his body and or mind start to fail.  It is another to say for a FACT he has dementia. That is where I pointed out unless you are a doctor, you do not know for a fact that he has dementia. 

You are equating that decline to dementia and I am not. That is our difference. 

I thought Biden was old in 2020, but he went really downhill in his speaking abilities and movement the last year. 

I do think Biden is too old and too frail to be President beyond 2025. I do not think he has dementia as I do not have any scientific or medical evidence. Neither does anyone else on this board. 

I do think now it is a good actual question to debate or ask if the President can make it to January. 

I'd be in favor of him stepping down as President currently. 

I consider the matter closed now, and let's move on. 

Has his cognitive decline been the problem, or just his "age". You keep trying to just use age when no one gives a crap about his age. They just want someone physically and mentally capable of doing the job. I've met 90 year olds that could handle it, I've met 40 year olds that can't.

No one cares about age.

Is he mentally capable, yes or no. You keep trying to use age to not admit to totally screwing up the mental faculty discussion over the last 3 years. 

Just admit you were wrong, not that difficult.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 8:12 PM

You have a really weird obsession with wanting people to admit they’re wrong. Notice how no one else gives a shit? 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 8:25 PM
posted by jmog

Has his cognitive decline been the problem, or just his "age". You keep trying to just use age when no one gives a crap about his age. They just want someone physically and mentally capable of doing the job. I've met 90 year olds that could handle it, I've met 40 year olds that can't.

No one cares about age.

Is he mentally capable, yes or no. You keep trying to use age to not admit to totally screwing up the mental faculty discussion over the last 3 years. 

Just admit you were wrong, not that difficult.

He was wrong. You were right. The end. 

Hope you can live your life in peace now.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 9:34 PM

He gives a pass to the guy who has rambled the same speech for two years about sharks and electric batteries and how he knows more about nuclear energy, taxes, the environment, banks, you name it I know more than anyone in history lol but he’s the most moderate 

geeblock Member
geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 9:47 PM

What a hypocrite. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 9:47 PM

3 years younger 

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 9:50 PM

Moderate libertarian jmog lol 

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 9:50 PM

Just stfu 

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 9:52 PM

Sorry  I had to get that off my chest it’s just funny. I feel better now 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 23, 2024 10:53 PM
posted by geeblock

He gives a pass to the guy who has rambled the same speech for two years about sharks and electric batteries and how he knows more about nuclear energy, taxes, the environment, banks, you name it I know more than anyone in history lol but he’s the most moderate 

Somebody here said he was the most moderate?

Who was that??

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 7:29 AM
posted by geeblock

I give no pass for Trump. I have said multiple times he is an asshole and there are easily 10+ people on either side of the aisle I would definitely vote for over him. I have voted for him zero times in 3 primaries.

He definitely has some cognitive issues, but comparing what he slips up on to Biden is laughable at best.

So no, I have never given Trump a pass. I can’t stand the guy I think he is a disgrace to the office of POTUS and makes us look bad. I agree with some of his actual policies but can’t stand him as a person.

I have also stated all of these things multiple times so you either just ignored them or are lying right now.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 7:31 AM
posted by geeblock

What a hypocrite. 

Agreed, picking JDV was about as stupid as Biden picking Harris and her going along with it like 2 weeks after she called him a white supremacist and a segregationist right on the debate stage.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 7:32 AM
posted by geeblock

Just stfu 

lol, you know all 3 those 1 liners could have been in the same post right?

You get triggered or something and had to keep hitting “Submit Post” randomly?

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 7:52 AM

So riddle me this, if Harris selects Josh Shapiro (PA-Governor) and is married to a Jewish man, how is that going to fly with heavily Muslim laden states like Michigan? Not racist, just a legit question.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 8:10 AM
posted by geeblock

What a hypocrite. 

And Harris isn't?

The "tough on crime" California attorney general who threw people in jail only to side with a terrorist organization in BLM and cry for defunding the police.

Also hearing her chirping about Trump's "predatory lifestyle." Don't think she wants to open THAT can of worms. 

There are a lot of Midwest housewives that have soured on Trump because of his ways with the opposite sex. The media has brushed Harris' past under the table and how she ascended through the political ranks by sleeping with a 60 year old, married politician when she was 29. Not sure about you but I don't know ANY 20-something's screaming "oooooh, a 60 year old! Gotta have it!" That was purely calculated and career driven.

If that info is harped on by Trump, in the right way, it could swing some of those uncertain votes his way.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 8:36 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

You have a really weird obsession with wanting people to admit they’re wrong. Notice how no one else gives a shit? 

I think when someone smugly defends their take as 100% fact for 3.5 years, they kinda deserve to be called out for it. I expected nothing less than the spin coming from moderate ptown though. Gotta respect the game.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Jul 24, 2024 8:44 AM

Anyway, good move for the Dems to whack Biden (anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional) and force down a candidate that nobody would have voted for in a real primary. The media will do their best to paint Kamala as another Obama movement, and I think she will do better than Biden, but Kamala has the same problem as Biden. The only real thing going for her campaign is Trump (sprinkle in her sex and race).  I could obviously be wrong, but if their entire strategy is orange man is bad, I don’t think the result will be any different than if Biden were the candidate (which was his strategy).

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login