2024 Presidential Election Thread

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 12:29 PM
posted by gut

Vance is clearly also a sociopath, like many politicians.  It's especially repugnant when someone pretends to be humble and moral but does a complete 180 on Trump when it becomes politically expedient.

Also not a ton of respect for someone that runs for Senate and then leaves after just 2 years for higher office.  When you see someone rising that fast, and clearly orchestrated, they are not in it to serve the people but in it for themselves.

I agree with your assessment.  I've been reading a lot about Nixon lately.  He told a close advisor that he "lusted for power" - and that was after he was already president.  I'm not sure any other personality type would be attracted to this kind of stuff (i.e., non-narcissist or sociopathic).  Like the corporate c-suite, high-level politics so favors self serving people with no conscience.  I think you have to vote for what you judge to be the less harmful narcissist/sociopath, and that's really it.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 1:22 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Let's just say they changed DRAMATICALLY when he ran for Senate.  

Yeah, it's political expediency rather than policy/principal for a person to go from "muh orange Hitler!" to "muh MAGA!" in such a period of time. 

The only thing good that I can cite for Vance is him pushing for the paid sick leave part  when our govt busted a rail worker strike in California.

Otherwise, I can't find much about him to be thrilled about. Maybe his age?

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 1:31 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Right...

If you do a search history online for Project 2025, the Heritage Foundation and Kevin Roberts, I am pretty sure you are going to get a lot of hits before the debate.

The NYT did a long interview with him in January. It did go viral post debate, but it out there well before. 

The Heritage Foundation is not some fringe hogwash. They are the republican think tank in DC. Kevin Roberts goes on Fox News and Fox Business a lot. He spoke at the Convention last week and even about Project 2025. Look it up. 

To answer your last question, no. As in Trump has previously mentioned it in speech, look that one up.

He also will be employing people in his administration that had a hand in the Project or have views in favor of it. So while he may not like some parts of it, there will be officials from places like Heritage, that will try and implement it. 

Thats a lot of words to hide the only important part.

You just agreed with me. I literally said it was out there but didn’t go viral and they weren’t talking about it constantly until the debate debacle. They needed a new “boogeyman”.

You could have come up with a shorter post that said “you’re right, it didn’t go viral until after the debate”.

Maybe a doctor could sum it up shorter?

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 1:33 PM

I also agree that JDV is kind of “slimy” maybe the best way to describe it.

Not even Joe Biden or Hillary C change their beliefs/agendas faster than that guy.  

I don’t even remember who he ran against 2 years ago but I know I voted for the dem over that guy.

Not the best pick for Trump at all, Ohio was nearly a lock for Trump so it’s a useless gain. 

Mon, Jul 22, 2024 1:36 PM

It's not only campaign season but the actual election year (because election season never really ends anymore), we are going to see a shit ton of fear mongering from here on out. 

Oh well, gives us something to be bothered about and to bitch between ourselves.

Mon, Jul 22, 2024 1:40 PM
posted by jmog

Not the best pick for Trump at all, Ohio was nearly a lock for Trump so it’s a useless gain. 

I still wish that he'd have picked Tulsi. I think she would be the best person to work on Trump about getting out of war and more importantly not to fund other countries' war.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 1:53 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It's really is funny because you've got no other criticism of what I've said outside of the fact that I haven't read the whole thing. 

That wasn’t my criticism at all. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Mon, Jul 22, 2024 2:12 PM
posted by geeblock

That wasn’t my criticism at all. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Oh, excuse me! Please repeat it so that I can understand better!

geeblock Member
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 3:49 PM

Dems and their violent rhetoric 

https://x.com/kamalahq/status/1815437477462605891?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 3:52 PM
posted by geeblock

To act like that crap doesn't happen on both sides is disingenuous at best, and completely retarded at worst.  You can decide which one suites you best. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 3:55 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I still wish that he'd have picked Tulsi. I think she would be the best person to work on Trump about getting out of war and more importantly not to fund other countries' war.

Agree, Tulsi would have been an actual “unifying” pick. 

She’s a Dem I would have voted for last time and this time. I know there are a ton of people who feel the same.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 3:57 PM
posted by jmog

Thats a lot of words to hide the only important part.

You just agreed with me. I literally said it was out there but didn’t go viral and they weren’t talking about it constantly until the debate debacle. They needed a new “boogeyman”.

You could have come up with a shorter post that said “you’re right, it didn’t go viral until after the debate”.

Maybe a doctor could sum it up shorter?

Well, you said some pages back, "no one in the media or left was talking it" 

I provided examples that the media did mention it and it did only take off the last few weeks.  Hell, even John Olver did a show on it before the debate. 

Now, you are just saying you only were referring to the viral part online and that is what you were referring to. 

Just admit you weren't paying attention and did not know too much about it. It's OK. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 3:58 PM
posted by geeblock

Yup, that’s stupid.

Now, will you admit that the left has been stupid for calling Trump Hitler, a Nazi, the person who will end democracy, etc for years now?

When you say a man is Hitler, 20 year old idiots get ideas in their head that they have to save the world from the next Hitler.

Can you admit that both sides are way overboard on the hyperbolic rhetoric that can lead to violence?

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 4:00 PM

Well, you said some pages back, "no one in the media or left was talking it" 

I provided examples that the media did mention it and it did only take off the last few weeks.  Hell, even John Olver did a show on it before the debate. 

Now, you are just saying you only were referring to the viral part online and that is what you were referring to. 

Just admit you weren't paying attention and did not know too much about it. It's OK. 

No one statistically, not actually zero.

I will admit that was an error in my writing of the post if you are willing to admit that Biden has been cognitively impaired for 3+ years and it doesn’t require a doctor to know that?

Will you finally admit you were wrong about that?

Mon, Jul 22, 2024 4:01 PM
posted by geeblock

So your take on project 2025 and why people have a problem is because they dont want to pay for head start?  Interesting.  I have never heard of project 65 but im not surprised you found something to blame it on dems while diminishing what the R's are doing.  Im no expert on 2025 but from what i have seen of the platform i dont think head start was the issue although im sure they dont want to pay for headstart lol.

So I went back to this post where you obviously didn't like what I had posted.

Did you know that there are Republicans in 65 Project? 

Did you know that saying Project 2025 is a bunch of ideas is a fact?

Did you know that 65 Project is currently happening?

Can you tell the difference between one group wanting things and one group actively doing things?

Recap: yet again you have no idea what you're talking about about. Yet you still want to criticize an actual fact or facts. Probably because I was the one who said it. Which is fine by me, because i'd much rather live rent free in your head than to pay a God awful amount in property taxes every year.

Mon, Jul 22, 2024 4:01 PM
posted by jmog

No one statistically, not actually zero.

I will admit that was an error in my writing of the post if you are willing to admit that Biden has been cognitively impaired for 3+ years and it doesn’t require a doctor to know that?

Will you finally admit you were wrong about that?

Sure, if it makes you happy and to drop the matter.

geeblock Member
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 4:03 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So I went back to this post where you obviously didn't like what I had posted.

Did you know that there are Republicans in 65 Project? 

Did you know that saying Project 65 is a bunch of ideas?

Did you know that 65 Project is currently happening?

Can you tell the difference between one group wanting things and one group actively doing things?

Recap: yet again you have no idea what you're talking about about. Yet you still want to criticize an actual fact or facts. Probably because I was the one who said it. Which is fine by me, because if much rather live rent free in your head than to pay a God awful amount in property taxes every year.

My goodness.. no I’ve never heard of project 65 but what does that have to do with your summary of project 2025 as “ getting rid of head start”  if project 65 is actually happening and project  2025 is a bunch of ideas then why compare them at all? 

geeblock Member
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 4:05 PM

Of course things happen on both sides. Only one sides seems to get callled out regularly so I have to keep things balanced. Also I will add only one side wears m16 lapels and takes Christmas card photos and does psa’s from gun ranges, so yes there are levels to it 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jul 22, 2024 4:05 PM

Sure, if it makes you happy and to drop the matter.

Not exactly admitting you were wrong. 

Mon, Jul 22, 2024 4:09 PM
posted by jmog

Not exactly admitting you were wrong. 

Sure, Biden is old, too old obviously. We disagree on to what level, but for sake of the board, I'll concede. Let's move on as it doesn't matter now. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login