2024 Presidential Election Thread

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 1:45 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Earlier I watched some of Trump's speech at the RNC. I couldn't listen to the who meandering thing. Maybe he was on pain meds or something, but for me, he just wasn't interesting.

I've heard that it was around 90 or so minutes long and just this rambling all-over-the-place thing. Kind of comparable to his rally speeches when he goes off script and descends into babbling about whatever.

I am looking forward to the day someone has to tell him that Hannibal Lector isn't a real person, though!

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 2:05 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Earlier I watched some of Trump's speech at the RNC. I couldn't listen to the who meandering thing. Maybe he was on pain meds or something, but for me, he just wasn't interesting.

It’s like the Sermon on the Mount for the MAGAs and brutal stream of consciousness for everyone else.  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 2:18 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

It’s like the Sermon on the Mount for the MAGAs and brutal stream of consciousness for everyone else.  

It was absurdly long. It started off strongish, then he went off promoter for at least 30 minutes doing the same bullshit he always does. A rally is one thing, but doing it on a national stage when you’re desperate for votes was odd (not that it was gonna change anyone’s mind). 

Ha Hulk Hogan was also an interesting choice. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 3:33 PM
posted by Heretic

am looking forward to the day someone has to tell him that Hannibal Lector isn't a real person, though!

Yes, he is. I got a pic of him on my phone, but it's too blurry to make out...

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 3:42 PM

Funny how the Dems couldn't stop talking about the 25th with Trump, but I haven't heard a peep with Biden...

I wonder if he refuses to step aside if they'll invoke it after the nomination.  That's a relatively easy way to avoid chaos if Kamala is the presumptive choice, anyway.

But I think the reason that hasn't happened is they don't believe Kamala can win.  Which illustrates that this is all about how they're polling and really not because they think Biden is unfit.  So Is this going to be a new normal when an incumbent is unopposed in the primaries but ends up trailing badly in the polls?  Just swap them out for someone with a better chance and FU to the voters?

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 4:37 PM
posted by gut

Funny how the Dems couldn't stop talking about the 25th with Trump, but I haven't heard a peep with Biden...

I wonder if he refuses to step aside if they'll invoke it after the nomination.  That's a relatively easy way to avoid chaos if Kamala is the presumptive choice, anyway.

But I think the reason that hasn't happened is they don't believe Kamala can win.  Which illustrates that this is all about how they're polling and really not because they think Biden is unfit.  So Is this going to be a new normal when an incumbent is unopposed in the primaries but ends up trailing badly in the polls?  Just swap them out for someone with a better chance and FU to the voters?

Hearing if that it's not Biden there's a strong chance they go back to the well and Killary is the nominee.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 4:42 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Hearing if that it's not Biden there's a strong chance they go back to the well and Killary is the nominee.

Feels like a yikes

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 4:42 PM

Not believing that. 

Seeing some mentions of Mark Kelly.

Sat, Jul 20, 2024 4:47 PM

I'd rather Kamala run than Hillary, simply because she is much younger. 

And at least there are some people who actually like Kamala, like the K-Hive.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 4:49 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I'd rather Kamala run than Hillary, simply because she is much younger. 

And at least there are some people who actually like Kamala, like the K-Hive.

I wouldn’t vote for either but I’d give Harris a chance…Hillary gets no chances with me. Just go somewhere and live out your life.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 4:53 PM

To late in the game for Hillary, I think.  She still isn't well-liked, and doesn't have time to turn that around on the campaign trail.

Also, feels like enthusiasm for Trump is way higher than 2016.  I'd expect Hillary to do almost as bad as Biden.

I've heard Mark Kelly.  Seems popular among the liberals, but again too late in the game for someone with little name recognition otherwise.

It's going to be Kamala, because she'll help turn out some of the minorities and women who'd otherwise stay home.  This is all just about trying to rescue the Dems in the House.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 5:00 PM
posted by BR1986FB

That would be as pure of a modern-day D strategy if I've every seen one.

"Hey, everyone except Jill Biden thinks Joe's too old, so how about this: We run it back to a 2016 rematch because it's STILL Hillary's turn!"

"Uh, didn't Hillary lose because, outside of the D base, no one likes her? And isn't she almost as old as Trump, so we can't immediately pivot to his age and struggles to speak concisely and to the point when Joe steps down? So we'll have to try to make her look and act more like an actual human, which no one has been able to figure out how to do yet..."

"You're fired."

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 5:24 PM

I don't know much about Vance, does seem like his views/policies are a little too bible-conservative for me.

But he's articulate and charismatic.  First VP in a long time that makes me think he could be POTUS.  If you don't like Trump's policies, you have to admit you HATE his choosing Vance because it could be 12+ years...

I just remember people saying Desantis was a bigger threat than Trump because he's actually smart.  Well, guess what - Vance is everything Desantis is but with 10X the charisma.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 6:40 PM
posted by gut

To late in the game for Hillary, I think.  She still isn't well-liked, and doesn't have time to turn that around on the campaign trail.

Also, feels like enthusiasm for Trump is way higher than 2016.  I'd expect Hillary to do almost as bad as Biden.

I've heard Mark Kelly.  Seems popular among the liberals, but again too late in the game for someone with little name recognition otherwise.

It's going to be Kamala, because she'll help turn out some of the minorities and women who'd otherwise stay home.  This is all just about trying to rescue the Dems in the House.

Do any of those women actually not already vote?…..or some of them just noisy?

Sat, Jul 20, 2024 8:02 PM

This new ad has "Take On Me" by Aha vibes with how it's styled.

https://youtube.com/shorts/GGdWeOnA4js?si=LVChWSODrHtfRW_8

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 8:20 PM

Did Trump put away the Dems new “boogeyman” Project 2025 away today?

No one in media or the left even mentioned P2025 until the debate debacle, they needed something to distract people. 

He basically called it far right winger creation in his speech along the same lines as the far left wingers he said. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sat, Jul 20, 2024 11:47 PM

posted by jmog

Did Trump put away the Dems new “boogeyman” Project 2025 away today?

No one in media or the left even mentioned P2025 until the debate debacle, they needed something to distract people. 

He basically called it far right winger creation in his speech along the same lines as the far left wingers he said. 

Call me crazy, but in today's society, I doubt anyone believing in it will stop doing so because they guy they think is going to enact it said he won't, especially when they're pretty consistent in proclaiming everything he says is a lie.

I mean, I'm sure some minds will be changed, but I doubt it's going to be a huge rumor-killer.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 21, 2024 8:02 AM
posted by BR1986FB

SMH, I think I’d rather vote for Trump honestly. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 21, 2024 2:05 PM

Biden dropping out. Wow. 

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 21, 2024 2:07 PM

House of Cards stuff happening right now

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login