2024 Presidential Election Thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 3, 2024 1:28 PM

It's an interesting debate.  Kamala probably can't win, but if they kick her to the curb black voters stay home and that would be devastating downballot for the Dems.

I still think Newsome could win, though he's bigly unpopular in CA.  But he'll still win CA, and the rest of the country knows him and sees the classic retail politician.

I don't think Michelle wants any part of running.  But she's just going to step off the street and start campaigning with savvy and charisma?

Whitmer is impressive when she speaks, but I'm not sure she'd actually win Michigan.  IMO, she's basically a failed governor.

Pritzker is largely unknown and about as popular in his own state as Newsome.

So to everyone crying about having to choose again between Biden and Trump, I give you Trump vs. Clinton!!!!

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 3, 2024 1:58 PM

Gavin Newsom:

MontyBrunswick Senior Member
1,065 posts 17 reps Joined Mar 2015
Wed, Jul 3, 2024 4:22 PM

I will be voting for Cletus

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 3, 2024 4:38 PM

In the case of coulda woulda I think the DNC should give the nod to Dome.

I really want Newsome to be the Dem nominee, despite the fact that he reminds me of Mitt Romney, he's very authoritarian, not so great of a governor. But that's exactly why I want him to get the nod, reasons that I've already explained.

Whitmer ran on fixing the roads in her state and hasn't accomplished it, much less the pipes in Flint. And isn't she the one that had that whole fake kidnapping plot or am I confusing her with somebody else?

If Obama loves his wife, he would talk her out of any thoughts of running. But the establishment loves her.

Clinton would be the 'William Wallace of shit-libbery" (I can't remember where I heard that), it would be interesting to see if she will take the bait.

Biden has made it very clear that he won't step down. So either way the potential is high that we will see a  President Dome.

Wed, Jul 3, 2024 7:08 PM

Here is my question:

If Biden steps down tonight, does all of that campaign money go with him?

Or would it transfer to Dome since it's before the election? Would the 25A have to be utilized?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jul 3, 2024 7:56 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Here is my question:

If Biden steps down tonight, does all of that campaign money go with him?

Or would it transfer to Dome since it's before the election? Would the 25A have to be utilized?

I believe it’d go to the new nominee.

Who is Dome? 

Wed, Jul 3, 2024 8:53 PM

From what I’ve seen it can’t transfer to someone not on the current ticket. So it’s either Biden, Harris, or no one. But I could be wrong.

Wed, Jul 3, 2024 9:10 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Who is Dome? 

Madame Vice President Harris

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jul 4, 2024 9:58 AM

Biden isn’t dropping, but if he does he should resign immediately. Not fit to run for election, but fit to remain president? Doesn’t add up.

Thu, Jul 4, 2024 10:35 AM
posted by like_that

Biden isn’t dropping, but if he does he should resign immediately. Not fit to run for election, but fit to remain president? Doesn’t add up.

Agreed. And this gives us the bonus of knowing Hillary Clinton is seething while she watches someone completely unqualified become the first female President.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2024 11:13 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I believe it’d go to the new nominee.

Who is Dome? 

Harris. For the same reason that Nancy Reagan was the Throat GOAT.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 166 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 4, 2024 11:45 AM

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 5, 2024 2:00 PM
posted by justincredible

From what I’ve seen it can’t transfer to someone not on the current ticket. So it’s either Biden, Harris, or no one. But I could be wrong.

Correct

Fri, Jul 5, 2024 7:05 PM
posted by Heretic

Harris. For the same reason that Nancy Reagan was the Throat GOAT.

I'd say that neither one is/was hawk tuah level.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 6, 2024 9:25 AM

If they want Biden to drop out, they have to give him what Obama and Clinton got - $100M.

It's really very simple - all about the benjamins.

Sat, Jul 6, 2024 2:39 PM

I'm starting to think that the Dems will keep him as the nominee until the convention and then just pass the baton down to Dome. Because surely they understand that if Kamala gets bypassed altogether that a lot of black people will have a goodly amount of consternation and just won't vote. I don't think any other black nominee will have enough time to campaign. Their other women contenders don't have good records or back stories.

Playing this game of hiding the president really really put them into a hell of a conundrum. It's an unforced error that's so big that I can't immediately recall anything that matches it.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 6, 2024 3:04 PM
posted by like_that

I think its time now to stop acting like Biden is the decision maker.  He is not.  The cabal is struggling to retain power.

Sat, Jul 6, 2024 3:51 PM
posted by majorspark

I think its time now to stop acting like Biden is the decision maker.  He is not.  The cabal is struggling to retain power.

I kinda think it’s Jill calling the shots at this point. Why would she give that up?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Jul 6, 2024 8:34 PM
posted by justincredible

I kinda think it’s Jill calling the shots at this point. Why would she give that up?

I think you’re correct.  Damn shame.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 8, 2024 12:05 AM

Not political news, but John Cena announced his retirement from WWE the other night. Maybe he’s Vice President and The Rock is President? 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login