2020 Presidential Election thread

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Mar 10, 2021 11:29 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

The OAN part, because everything the man said may have been partially correct or fully correct, but the lens in which it is being spun is the problem. 

I also am surprised at the view of hey, let's look at something Europe is doing and assume it can be replicated here. That is something usually liberals selectively say. 

Correct, but FIFY.   Normally when it's said, it is a blanket statement that the US needs to be just like (insert European country).  It's followed up by bringing up the country has/does XYZ, while leaving out the other shit that would be extremely frowned upon in the US.   I.e.  The jerkoff fest to Scandinavian countries for their social safety net, but leaving other shit out, such as none of the Scandinavian countries having a mandated minimum wage. 

I am actually surprised it took this long for conservatives to throw this same type of argument back, but I find it hilarious they are finally doing it. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 10, 2021 1:56 PM

The OAN part, because everything the man said may have been partially correct or fully correct, but the lens in which it is being spun is the problem. 

I also am surprised at the view of hey, let's look at something Europe is doing and assume it can be replicated here. That is something usually liberals say. 

So your argument is "the video is correct but it has an OAN tag in the bottom left so I scoff at it out of principle..."?

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 10, 2021 2:05 PM
posted by jmog

So your argument is "the video is correct but it has an OAN tag in the bottom left so I scoff at it out of principle..."?

Not exactly. The lens and filter in which the information is provided is flawed. Same goes for anything say on MSNBC or CNN. The information presented may be factual, but the context in which that information is presented is to convey a wider usually off base point to fit their larger agenda. 

We all use the same logic on here when referring to MSNBC or CNN. 

Wed, Mar 10, 2021 2:07 PM
posted by like_that

Correct, but FIFY.   Normally when it's said, it is a blanket statement that the US needs to be just like (insert European country).  It's followed up by bringing up the country has/does XYZ, while leaving out the other shit that would be extremely frowned upon in the US.   I.e.  The jerkoff fest to Scandinavian countries for their social safety net, but leaving other shit out, such as none of the Scandinavian countries having a mandated minimum wage. 

I am actually surprised it took this long for conservatives to throw this same type of argument back, but I find it hilarious they are finally doing it. 

Yeah. I loathe the they do it like this way in Europe comparisons. Europe is Europe and the U.S. is the U.S. 

I do think it is also kinda funny when the right brings it up now. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 10, 2021 2:23 PM

Yeah. I loathe the they do it like this way in Europe comparisons. Europe is Europe and the U.S. is the U.S. 

I do think it is also kinda funny when the right brings it up now. 

Agreed, it's almost like either the right is just "behind" in dumb tactics and just now getting to them or they are mocking the left and hoping they will notice.

It's like the new "super straight" sexual orientation. It absolutely has to be a troll job to get the "we can make up any sexual orientation we want and you can't denegrate us for it" mantra of the LGTBQ crowd. 

If you haven't seen this yet, follow the TikTok or Twitter verses for it, its rather comical the sheer number of leftist heads exploding over "super straight".

If you haven't heard the back and forth kind of went like this over the last 6 months or so...

The Left: If you are a straight male and won't date a trans-female (girl who used to be a boy and may still have a dick), then you are transphobic.

The Right: Well then I am "super straight" and only attracted to cis-females, girls that are still girls and were born girls.

The Left (with exploding heads): YoU cAN't JusT MAkE Up SeXuaL ORienTAtIONS!

The Right: You seem to do that every few months...pansexual, panromatic, polysexual, there are like 50 sexualities all defined in the last few years alone. And I was born this way, only attracted to cis-women.

The Left (with more exploding heads): It doesn't work that way, you can't just make up orientations just because you are transphobic!

The funniest part is that most of the actual trans people replying and making videos I have seen actually are backing the "super straight" crowd and making fun of those that have their heads exploding.

Wed, Mar 10, 2021 3:34 PM

Not exactly. The lens and filter in which the information is provided is flawed. Same goes for anything say on MSNBC or CNN. The information presented may be factual, but the context in which that information is presented is to convey a wider usually off base point to fit their larger agenda. 

We all use the same logic on here when referring to MSNBC or CNN. 

So then we might as well not share any sources here. 

Wed, Mar 10, 2021 3:38 PM
posted by jmog

Agreed, it's almost like either the right is just "behind" in dumb tactics and just now getting to them or they are mocking the left and hoping they will notice.

It's like the new "super straight" sexual orientation. It absolutely has to be a troll job to get the "we can make up any sexual orientation we want and you can't denegrate us for it" mantra of the LGTBQ crowd. 

If you haven't seen this yet, follow the TikTok or Twitter verses for it, its rather comical the sheer number of leftist heads exploding over "super straight".

If you haven't heard the back and forth kind of went like this over the last 6 months or so...

The Left: If you are a straight male and won't date a trans-female (girl who used to be a boy and may still have a dick), then you are transphobic.

The Right: Well then I am "super straight" and only attracted to cis-females, girls that are still girls and were born girls.

The Left (with exploding heads): YoU cAN't JusT MAkE Up SeXuaL ORienTAtIONS!

The Right: You seem to do that every few months...pansexual, panromatic, polysexual, there are like 50 sexualities all defined in the last few years alone. And I was born this way, only attracted to cis-women.

The Left (with more exploding heads): It doesn't work that way, you can't just make up orientations just because you are transphobic!

The funniest part is that most of the actual trans people replying and making videos I have seen actually are backing the "super straight" crowd and making fun of those that have their heads exploding.

Yeah, that is all dumb. 

Wed, Mar 10, 2021 3:39 PM
posted by like_that

So then we might as well not share any sources here. 

Cable news sources? Yeah, they are all trash. 

Wed, Mar 10, 2021 3:42 PM

Cable news sources? Yeah, they are all trash. 

Not even just cable news. You can apply your lens argument to probably 95%+ of the shit anyone will share here. 

Wed, Mar 10, 2021 3:50 PM
posted by like_that

Not even just cable news. You can apply your lens argument to probably 95%+ of the shit anyone will share here. 

Sure. Let's all go to primary sources then. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 11, 2021 2:35 PM

I also am surprised at the view of hey, let's look at something Europe is doing and assume it can be replicated here. That is something usually liberals say. 

You've lost your mind.

Take care.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 15, 2021 1:00 PM

Interesting.

Mon, Mar 15, 2021 2:21 PM
posted by justincredible

Interesting.

Inb4 we are told this is done on both sides. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Mar 15, 2021 3:13 PM
posted by like_that

Do you have evidence that it is done on both sides?

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 16, 2021 10:59 AM
posted by like_that

I'm sure it has. History tells us this is true. Just taking a quick look at the propaganda during the Jefforsonian election explains this perfectly.

But, while I was dismissive of all of that at the time, I wonder if that wasn't a mistake. 

It's going to be interesting when some republican who is much more spiteful and vengeful than McConnell takes the reins. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 16, 2021 11:02 AM
posted by Fletch

Yes. It's historical fact. Ever read anything at all about news published about Jefferson before he was president?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Mar 16, 2021 12:24 PM
posted by Fletch

Every generation believes it is existing in unprecedented times and on the precipice of the abyss. Ours is like this. Whoever's here in 2,000 years will also think they are at a never-befote-seen critical point in human history. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Mar 16, 2021 1:52 PM
posted by justincredible

Interesting.

WAPO getting rightfully slammed for yet another edition of FAKE NEWS, but sadly it will change nothing.  Fake news with fake quotes from fake anonymous sources for the sole purpose of defeating repubs or anyone speaking out against the establishment or deep state apparatus  - that is what we have. 

Fuck the media; they have destroyed themselves. 

Tue, Mar 16, 2021 2:24 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I'm sure it has. History tells us this is true. Just taking a quick look at the propaganda during the Jefforsonian election explains this perfectly.

But, while I was dismissive of all of that at the time, I wonder if that wasn't a mistake. 

It's going to be interesting when some republican who is much more spiteful and vengeful than McConnell takes the reins. 

lol, I was speaking in terms of the present.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Mar 16, 2021 2:33 PM
posted by geeblock

They crushed a cop to death lol 

And, as usual, we find out that this is false.  All the media hype to paint a picture to confirm their narrative and agenda ................and it is all lie. 

The officer died as the result of an apparent stroke the next day, and video confirms he was not hit in the head with anything. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login