2020 Presidential Election thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 6, 2019 12:25 PM

Hillary would desperately like to run, but she knows she can't steal the nomination from that field.  She couldn't handle the embarrassment of failing to get the nomination.

It's going to be interesting to see who emerges from the clown car.  I assume Kamala Harris will get the nomination - for no other reason than she is black and a woman.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Mar 6, 2019 1:42 PM
posted by gut

Hillary would desperately like to run, but she knows she can't steal the nomination from that field.  She couldn't handle the embarrassment of failing to get the nomination.

It's going to be interesting to see who emerges from the clown car.  I assume Kamala Harris will get the nomination - for no other reason than she is black and a woman.

I think Bernie will take it.  He is so far dominating in raising money, and like Trump he will have a strong base in a crowded primary field. 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Mar 6, 2019 1:50 PM
posted by like_that

I think Bernie will take it.  He is so far dominating in raising money, and like Trump he will have a strong base in a crowded primary field. 

Good point.

It's also sad, as it shows that a handful of states almost determine who the nominee is because so many idiots in states to follow will vote for the front-runner....purely because of a psychological need to back a winner.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 6, 2019 4:04 PM

There are many, many young people either just out of college or still in college who want to have their tuition paid for. Just the other day I saw a pic of somebody went to an ivy league (I think) to get a degree in speech pathology. over $200,000.00 later she wants help to pay it off.

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 4:36 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

There are many, many young people either just out of college or still in college who want to have their tuition paid for. Just the other day I saw a pic of somebody went to an ivy league (I think) to get a degree in speech pathology. over $200,000.00 later she wants help to pay it off.

We are also starting to see kids say fuck college and going into trade fields.  Good for them.  

gut Senior Member
Wed, Mar 6, 2019 6:52 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I'm almost looking forward to all this "free shit", just to see the reactions when taxes go up significantly and these free loaders look at their paycheck and be like "where did all my money go?"

It will be insane.  The reason many people don't buy insurance is because it's not something you use or want until you need it, and they prefer to spend their money on more immediate satisfaction.  So you give them "free" insurance and then tax them to pay for it and there's going to be a ton of small govt converts practically overnight.  And college?  Wait a minute, you went to a community college why should you help pay for her to go to Harvard?  What happened to my paycheck - it wasn't supposed to work this way!!!!

BoatShoes Senior Member
5,991 posts 23 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 6, 2019 7:57 PM

I am pulling for Sherrod Brown to get in. He can beat Trump in MI, OH and PA. Don't know if the folks in my party who are intent on having a non-white man will let it happen thought. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 6, 2019 8:19 PM
posted by BoatShoes

I am pulling for Sherrod Brown to get in. He can beat Trump in MI, OH and PA. Don't know if the folks in my party who are intent on having a non-white man will let it happen thought. 

Alternatively, I saw an article today where a major dem pac has already given up on Ohio (priority USA). But like you said, no chance they even give Brown a platform. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Mar 6, 2019 8:54 PM

These dems are going to race to the bottom during their primaries.  I cant wait for the debates.....i can hear it now...all the dumb free shit everyone is getting

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 7, 2019 7:18 AM
posted by Spock

These dems are going to race to the bottom during their primaries.  I cant wait for the debates.....i can hear it now...all the dumb free shit everyone is getting

Your buddy Trump going to promise that wall again during his campaign? Maybe even pinky promise this time? Politicians campaign on what they think will get them the votes. Every last one of them will say anything to get an extra vote. There is no way in hell college, healthcare, whatever will be free but they know its what a lot of folks want to hear. Trump knows damn well he isn't going to get his wall, but that's what his base wants to hear. We as a country should be able to see this by now but get blinded by the hope these shitheads pretend to bring. 

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 7:26 AM
posted by BoatShoes

0 chance he wins the primary.  You can save this post. 

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 7, 2019 7:51 AM
posted by BoatShoes

So can Joe Biden. It'll be interesting to see if he tosses his hat in the ring. 

wkfan Senior Member
1,850 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 7, 2019 8:37 AM
posted by Rotinaj

We as a country should be able to see this by now but get blinded by the hope these shitheads pretend to bring. 

There is not an honest person in Washington...all that they care about is getting elected, and then re-elected again to stay on what has become the greatest job on the planet.  You get elected to one term, and you get your 6 figure salary for life, free and exorbidant health benefits that us 'public' scum cannot qualify for and, really no accountability for your results because the general population votes on your gender or race or the initial behind your name (R or D), not on what you really stand for or what, if any headway that you make in solving the litany of issues that our country has.

Serving in Congress was not intended to be a career....and should not be, but there is not a Representative or Congress-person who will ever introduce a bill that would include term limits because it would kill their golden goose.

There is not a person in Washington who gives a shit about the public or their constituents....not one bit.

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 8:42 AM
posted by wkfan

There is not an honest person in Washington...all that they care about is getting elected, and then re-elected again to stay on what has become the greatest job on the planet.  You get elected to one term, and you get your 6 figure salary for life, free and exorbidant health benefits that us 'public' scum cannot qualify for and, really no accountability for your results because the general population votes on your gender or race or the initial behind your name (R or D), not on what you really stand for or what, if any headway that you make in solving the litany of issues that our country has.

Serving in Congress was not intended to be a career....and should not be, but there is not a Representative or Congress-person who will ever introduce a bill that would include term limits because it would kill their golden goose.

I think a decent chunk of people recognize this, which is why I find it ridiculous when they dismiss rhetoric that advocates for reducing the Government's role in everything. The answer is right there, but everyone wants to dig into their "teams," or people legitimately believe Government is the answer as long as their "team" is in charge.  You have to have quite the ego to actually believe this, and sadly a lot of people do. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:01 AM
posted by Rotinaj

Your buddy Trump going to promise that wall again during his campaign? Maybe even pinky promise this time? Politicians campaign on what they think will get them the votes. Every last one of them will say anything to get an extra vote. There is no way in hell college, healthcare, whatever will be free but they know its what a lot of folks want to hear. Trump knows damn well he isn't going to get his wall, but that's what his base wants to hear. We as a country should be able to see this by now but get blinded by the hope these shitheads pretend to bring. 

keep thinking that.  

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:21 AM
posted by wkfan

There is not a person in Washington who gives a shit about the public or their constituents....not one bit.

Serving the country came at great personal sacrifice and risk to one's very life. We should relocate the capital to the south side of Chicago or similar to see how many of the current crop are actually patriots.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:46 AM

Seems like they all operate from the same playbook now - say and promise whatever it takes to get you the votes, then say and promise the same things next election cycle but blame the other party from blocking you from implementing it.  And voters keep falling for that schtick, every time.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:49 AM
posted by like_that

0 chance he wins the primary.  You can save this post. 

And -0- chance he wins Ohio even if he won the primary.  His career is actually a -0-.

wkfan Senior Member
1,850 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:56 AM
posted by QuakerOats

And -0- chance he wins Ohio even if he won the primary.  His career is actually a -0-.

As is he.......

As a side note, I was in Washington last summer and got tickets to sit in the gallery of the Senate.  One of the Senators that we heard speak was Sherrod Brown.  Kept saying 'Just to get this on the record......' and then railed on something that Trump either did or said, or didn't do or didn't say.  Seemed like all he was trying to do was to get his name and statements into the Congressional Record and really had nothing of substance to say....nothing but posturing and bashing the current President who did not share the letter behind his name.

Are we not better than this?

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 7, 2019 11:57 AM
posted by gut

Seems like they all operate from the same playbook now - say and promise whatever it takes to get you the votes, then say and promise the same things next election cycle but blame the other party from blocking you from implementing it.  And voters keep falling for that schtick, every time.

Which is probably why Trump was so gung-ho about building the wall AFTER the dems took the house. He doesn’t actually care about building it; he just wants to pretend the dems were the reason why it never got built so he can win another re-election. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login