2020 Presidential Election thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 27, 2019 7:40 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

You guys don’t like dems and it makes you feel bettter to suggest they’re craaaazy and radical and far left! What’s ironic is every time you say that, you are moving that much further to the right. 

Not speaking for Jmog, just myself.

But I don't have a problem with the general party of "democrat". It's the twats and all the baggage that comes with them that have taken over the party that I have a problem with. And I'm not the only one on here who feels that way. It's been said on this site (and the old one) time and time and time again. It's the intersectionality, authoritarianism, the progressives who have made a non-theist religion out of identity politics that are really being called out on here. You don't see moderate dems getting called out on here too often. Instead, it's the Warrens, the AOC's, the Bernies, etc. And everybody hates Hillary lol.

I think if there were more republicans (other than Spock/QO) on this site there would probably be a better gamed discussion going on. But there's not, so that's that. I'd say there's more libertarianish types on this site than anything, some lean left and some right, some all in and some that only wade in the shallows. 

The reasons "democrats" get talked about so much is because, quite frankly, there's more left loonies that make the headlines. For the right, right now, there's mainly just Trump. 

Also the fact that anybody can make a better argument to point out what's so great about the democrat party if they could. But not many people can do that. Give it a go, I'll read it.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 27, 2019 7:49 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

But I don't have a problem with the general party of "democrat". It's the twats and all the baggage that comes with them that have taken over the party that I have a problem with. And I'm not the only one on here who feels that way. It's been said on this site (and the old one) time and time and time again. It's the intersectionality, authoritarianism, the progressives who have made a non-theist religion out of identity politics that are really being called out on here. You don't see moderate dems getting called out on here too often. Instead, it's the Warrens, the AOC's, the Bernies, etc. And everybody hates Hillary lol.

I think if there were more republicans (other than Spock/QO) on this site there would probably be a better gamed discussion going on. But there's not, so that's that. I'd say there's more libertarianish types on this site than anything, some lean left and some right, some all in and some that only wade in the shallows. 

The reasons "democrats" get talked about so much is because, quite frankly, there's more left loonies that make the headlines. For the right, right now, there's mainly just Trump. 

Also the fact that anybody can make a better argument to point out what's so great about the democrat party if they could. But not many people can do that. Give it a go, I'll read it.

Honestly, both parties are terrible.  People who “cheer” for politicians like they’re athletes are insane. Politicians are all shady. They’re all out for their own interests too. So even though I’d consider myself a republican, I’m not going to defend republican politicians every move just because of party lines. I read something that the top 50 politicians in DC all are worth over $10M and the top 100 over $3M. That’s just stupid. It’s supposed to be a public service position. 

And yes there are extremists on both sides. But pointing out an argument an extremist dem made and then saying “oh those damn democrats are getting more radical by the day!” Is a terrible and lazy argument to make. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 27, 2019 7:51 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Libertarian lmao

show me one post you’ve ever made on here where you blamed Republicans or spoke negatively about them. 

Not doing your job for you. 

I have called Trump an idiot many times for BS he tweets. 

I have said many times the Rs spend too much just like the Ds just on different programs (welfare programs vs defense). If you go back to the old site I called out Bush and Chaney for starting the Iraq war. 

I gave Obama a ton of praise for pulling the trigger on Osama Bin Laden while the right wouldn’t give him credit at all. 

I understand you only tend to read the negative ones about the Ds to confirm your own bias but I do call out bullshit whenever I see it. 

Politically, at least someone who is well known, I would align more with  Rand and Ron Paul.

You just can’t handle the fact that I was proven right so you moved the goalposts to “well jmog is a moron”

You really suck at debate. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Feb 27, 2019 7:52 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

100% agree with this statement. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Feb 27, 2019 7:55 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Honestly, both parties are terrible.  People who “cheer” for politicians like they’re athletes are insane. Politicians are all shady. They’re all out for their own interests too. So even though I’d consider myself a republican, I’m not going to defend republican politicians every move just because of party lines. I read something that the top 50 politicians in DC all are worth over $10M and the top 100 over $3M. That’s just stupid. It’s supposed to be a public service position. 

And yes there are extremists on both sides. But pointing out an argument an extremist dem made and then saying “oh those damn democrats are getting more radical by the day!” Is a terrible and lazy argument to make. 

Even when the facts back up the statement? The pew research showed that over the last 25 years the republicans have moved slightly right and the Democrats have moved far left. That’s factual information. 

It maybe originally lazy to say without backing it up but the facts do actually back it up. 

Wed, Feb 27, 2019 7:56 PM
posted by jmog

Not doing your job for you. 

I have called Trump an idiot many times for BS he tweets. 

I have said many times the Rs spend too much just like the Ds just on different programs (welfare programs vs defense). If you go back to the old site I called out Bush and Chaney for starting the Iraq war. 

I gave Obama a ton of praise for pulling the trigger on Osama Bin Laden while the right wouldn’t give him credit at all. 

I understand you only tend to read the negative ones about the Ds to confirm your own bias but I do call out bullshit whenever I see it. 

Politically, at least someone who is well known, I would align more with  Rand and Ron Paul.

You just can’t handle the fact that I was proven right so you moved the goalposts to “well jmog is a moron”

You really suck at debate. 

Wow!! You gave Obama credit for killing the man responsible for 9/11?! You’re as moderate as it gets!!

and there may not be a single person on earth who supports the Iraq War

lol you’re funny

Wed, Feb 27, 2019 7:57 PM
posted by jmog

Even when the facts back up the statement? The pew research showed that over the last 25 years the republicans have moved slightly right and the Democrats have moved far left. That’s factual information. 

It maybe originally lazy to say without backing it up but the facts do actually back it up. 

For the third time, I’m not doubting the stupid pew research. I. Do. Not. Give. A. Fuck. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Feb 27, 2019 8:00 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Wow!! You gave Obama credit for killing the man responsible for 9/11?! You’re as moderate as it gets!!

and there may not be a single person on earth who supports the Iraq War

lol you’re funny

Considering the right did not give Obama credit (you know how many on here and the old site said “well anyone would have done that, he didn’t do any thing special”) and if you believe “no one” was for the Iraq war at the time it was started you are a true idiot. The Rs supported Bush nearly 100%, period. The country supported him by over 70%!

Care to retract that stupid comment?

http://www.pewresearch.org/2008/03/19/public-attitudes-toward-the-war-in-iraq-20032008/

Wed, Feb 27, 2019 8:02 PM
posted by jmog

Considering the right did not give Obama credit (you know how many on here and the old site said “well anyone would have done that, he didn’t do any thing special”) and if you believe “no one” was for the Iraq war at the time it was started you are a true idiot. The Rs supported Bush nearly 100%, period. The country supported him by over 70%!

Care to retract that stupid comment?

http://www.pewresearch.org/2008/03/19/public-attitudes-toward-the-war-in-iraq-20032008/

I’m more interested in your libertarian views. Lol. I want to hear more!

actually no I don’t. You’re a dumbass and politics sucks. I’m out!

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Feb 27, 2019 8:10 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I’m more interested in your libertarian views. Lol. I want to hear more!

actually no I don’t. You’re a dumbass and politics sucks. I’m out!

Lol, I prove another one of your statements false and you change the subject again. Originally the Iraq war had over 70% support...you said no one...

Good lord man. You really need to just plain stop this crusade against me, you keep saying stupid stuff that make no sense at all. 

I now understand your infatuation with me in particular. You were the one that the other day on the other thread didn’t understand statistics and I had to explain it like 10 times. That pissed you off so now you ramble incoherently in reply to something I post even if I am right. It is all clear now. 

When your obsession wears off you can go back to a logical response to one of my posts, or maybe when you realize how statistics and polls work. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 27, 2019 8:56 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I really don’t give a fuck about “how far left the left” have gotten. That’s just dumb shit that means nothing. You guys don’t like dems and it makes you feel bettter to suggest they’re craaaazy and radical and far left! What’s ironic is every time you say that, you are moving that much further to the right. 

This is just innacurate. I get you don't like politics, but you also don't know shit about it. If you don't think they are crazy (and if Ptown does, you're obviously lost), then don't comment on all the politics threads as if you do.

Wed, Feb 27, 2019 9:06 PM
posted by iclfan2

This is just innacurate. I get you don't like politics, but you also don't know shit about it. If you don't think they are crazy (and if Ptown does, you're obviously lost), then don't comment on all the politics threads as if you do.

Trust me, I will not be. I’ll let the right wing circle jerk continue (while trying to convince others you’re libertarian lmao). 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Feb 27, 2019 9:43 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Trust me, I will not be. I’ll let the right wing circle jerk continue (while trying to convince others you’re libertarian lmao). 

Facts don’t care about your feelings. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Feb 28, 2019 7:38 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I really don’t give a fuck about “how far left the left” have gotten. That’s just dumb shit that means nothing. You guys don’t like dems and it makes you feel bettter to suggest they’re craaaazy and radical and far left! What’s ironic is every time you say that, you are moving that much further to the right. 

I didn't really want to insert myself in this debate,  but a couple points on this post.

-"That's just dumb shit that means nothing."  You don't think our country being extremely polarized means anything?  I don't know what world you live in, but that is a huge issue and we have enough history in this world to prove why it is an issue.  Our society in this country is 100000000000x better off when the median to both sides of the political spectrum are closer to the middle.  It's not even debatable dude. I get you're on this kick of calling out posters who lean right, but it's coming off as trying too hard.

-You are contradicting yourself when you say you aren't denying the research (just calling jmog a moron), but then you say something like this "You guys don’t like dems and it makes you feel bettter to suggest they’re craaaazy and radical and far left! What’s ironic is every time you say that, you are moving that much further to the right."  No one is saying that shit (other than cc and quaker) to feel better.  It's being said, because it is true.  There are plenty of us who have been asking where the fuck did the dems  of 1994, 1999, 2004 go.  The only "mainstream" one I can currently think of is Manchin of WVA.  No doubt there are other dems like him, but the reality is they are not even close to being the face of the party.  You know it's true.

posted by SportsAndLady

I agree with you here.  I despise the people who treat politics like sports.  I think I hated the obama fanboys and girls more so than Obama for this specific reason.  As for the bolded, once again you're contradicting yourself.  Either you don't deny the research or you do.  I am not sure how you can look at the current crop of dem leaders who are the face of the party and not think they are moving radical. Have you been paying attention to their current crop of Presidential candidates and listening to the shit they are advocating for (including endorsing AOC's green deal)?  These are presidential candidates, not some outlier wacko party members.  It's reality dude, no matter how much you want to deny or ignore it.

posted by CenterBHSFan

That's because the loonies in the party and the people voting for them are becoming the norm.  Pretending a few crazies are just grabbing headlines at this point is absurd, especially when you consider the mass majority of the media is controlled by the left.  Bernie was pretty close to knocking off Hillary, and people are still trying to pretend there are only a few loonies in this country.  LOL. 

I'd also love to hear what is so great about the democrat party, with one caveat.  Whoever tries to make the pitch, they can't mention trump/gop/conservatives/etc.

I am still waiting for the normal democrat posters on this site and my friends to admit the party left them.  Trump has you all rattled so much, that you still can't see they are no longer the party you supported?  The 2012 election is all I needed to see to finally admit the GOP is no longer the party that holds conservative values and even then I consider that late to figuring it out. 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Feb 28, 2019 9:20 AM
posted by like_that

That's because the loonies in the party and the people voting for them are becoming the norm.  Pretending a few crazies are just grabbing headlines at this point is absurd, especially when you consider the mass majority of the media is controlled by the left.  Bernie was pretty close to knocking off Hillary, and people are still trying to pretend there are only a few loonies in this country.  LOL. 

Let's be honest, if the DNC hadn't stole the primary Sanders had the nomination won. THAT'S how far left the democrats have gone. Bill Clinton was somewhat left at the beginning but quickly realized that wouldn't work and worked the middle of the road VERY well with Gringrich et al. Hillary was more center until the 2016 election when she had to veer left to satisfy her base. She followed Sanders down that path. 

I am certain that Biden (somewhat center even though he is creepy with little girls) will follow the rabbit hole as well during the primaries the same way Hillary did. 

At the end of the day, if the DNC hadn't cheated Sanders and the "Super Delegates" not promised Hillary the votes regardless of what their state actually voted for, Sanders had the nomination won.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 28, 2019 12:48 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

As for the part I put in bold, I'd say the reason "democrats" get talked about here so much has more to do with how this site leans pretty conservatively, with a few actual Rs and a decent number of Libertarians (ie: conservatives who ACTUALLY believe in fiscal conservatism, as opposed to simply taking $$$ from social programs and dumping it all -- and probably more -- into military/defense because they seemingly think real life and the board game Risk are really similar). There's a reason why every nut-job thing AOC says gets broken down for hours straight here, while a POS like Steve King generally flies under the radar or gets a handful of posts that people automatically forget the next time an AOC says anything. Or how guys who seem like they're in the "moderate-left" like Ptown or Boogie frequently get dismissed by some as being pure leftist shills (and that's not even counting legit nutcases like QQ, who's referred to OTRAP of all people as a leftist because his idea of limited government includes crazy ideas such as not wasting tons of $$$ on the futile "war" on drugs).

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 28, 2019 1:02 PM
posted by Heretic

As for the part I put in bold, I'd say the reason "democrats" get talked about here so much has more to do with how this site leans pretty conservatively, with a few actual Rs and a decent number of Libertarians (ie: conservatives who ACTUALLY believe in fiscal conservatism, as opposed to simply taking $$$ from social programs and dumping it all -- and probably more -- into military/defense because they seemingly think real life and the board game Risk are really similar). There's a reason why every nut-job thing AOC says gets broken down for hours straight here, while a POS like Steve King generally flies under the radar or gets a handful of posts that people automatically forget the next time an AOC says anything. Or how guys who seem like they're in the "moderate-left" like Ptown or Boogie frequently get dismissed by some as being pure leftist shills (and that's not even counting legit nutcases like QQ, who's referred to OTRAP of all people as a leftist because his idea of limited government includes crazy ideas such as not wasting tons of $$$ on the futile "war" on drugs).

I agree with your take on the right leaningness of this site, however the difference in bold is that people don't support Steve King and removed him from his committees and was denounced by McConnel and others. The left on the other hand puts Omar (much worse than AOC) on the Foreign Affairs Committee. And in regards to AOC, as opposed to "ignoring" King by the right, the left gobbles it up like she's some genius and fawns all over her. She has a documentary and a comic book for crying out loud. She graduated in 2011 and essentially did nothing with her life until running for Congress in 2016. I do think the right is making her into a Trump by jumping on everything she says though, and I am guilty of it too bc sometimes she just says some of the most outrageous shit you couldn't make up if you tried. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/us/politics/steve-king-white-supremacy.html

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 28, 2019 1:53 PM
posted by jmog

You do realize my statement was that the Ds have moved far left from where they were. 

You tried to call me out on it. 

The pew research proves me right. 

You fall back on “well jmog is a moron anyway so there..”

You have fallen to the level of QO or Spock, congratulations on being that terrible at debate/discussion. 

Don’t drag me into this.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 6, 2019 5:27 AM

Hillary's not going to run, so she says. She also posted this:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1103067043048419329 

Yeah.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 6, 2019 11:55 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Hillary's not going to run, so she says. She also posted this:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1103067043048419329 

Yeah.

This actually proves that the dems do not believe whatsoever that the election was stolen from her by Trump via the collusion narrative.  Otherwise, they would run her again for her rightful place in the WH.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login