NBA Offseason 2019

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 15, 2019 8:36 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Not giving up Kuzma AND getting rid of Lonzo Ball in the deal is a steal for the Lakers. Hard to imagine Ball being a starting PG on a good offensive team in the NBA. He's such a negative offense, I wouldn't want my offense flowing through him.

Yeah, really can’t believe they did it without giving up Kuzma

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 15, 2019 11:32 PM

Kuzma is a fine player. Nothing special. They need to upgrade over him as the 3rd wheel. Lonzo would’ve been better to keep, but no way New Orleans was doing it without Ingram and Lonzo.

I still think Kawhi ends up there now that they landed AD. 

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 16, 2019 4:15 AM
posted by Laley23

Kuzma is a fine player. Nothing special. They need to upgrade over him as the 3rd wheel. Lonzo would’ve been better to keep, but no way New Orleans was doing it without Ingram and Lonzo.

I still think Kawhi ends up there now that they landed AD. 

I have a feeling he stays in Toronto. Had they lost? I definitely would have seen him moving along. 

All the talk is Kyrie to Brooklyn and I am leaning that way. However, there is a small piece of me that is saying he’s going to LA. I’m not 100% sure I like the fit, but I wouldn’t complain. 

The Lakers need to add some shooting, which was always the problem. They don’t have to get a PG, I think Caruso would be just fine as a distributer and d guy. After Kawhi, Butler would be my next target. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 16, 2019 9:51 AM

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Sun, Jun 16, 2019 10:33 AM
posted by wildcats20

I have a feeling he stays in Toronto. Had they lost? I definitely would have seen him moving along. 

All the talk is Kyrie to Brooklyn and I am leaning that way. However, there is a small piece of me that is saying he’s going to LA. I’m not 100% sure I like the fit, but I wouldn’t complain. 

The Lakers need to add some shooting, which was always the problem. They don’t have to get a PG, I think Caruso would be just fine as a distributor and d guy. After Kawhi, Butler would be my next target. 

FWIW Windhorst said he thinks Leonard is gone on his most recent podcast.

For the Lakers/Pelican's trade.

Ingram: Any word on Ingram's injury? Hope it's not career ending like Chris Bosh's. That alone would make me not even want him if I'm the pelicans, unless their medical staff 100% said he's fine.

Lonzo Ball: His family drama in conjunction with his complete lack of shooting makes him a fairly 1 dimensional player IMO. It would be pretty touch to even play him in the 4th quarter/playoffs IMO. Even his defense started to lack quite a bit last season, plus you factor in his lengthy injury history, and well I just don't see the appeal. He's like the anti IT, but least he plays defense. He's a nice player, but hard to even see him being a great player unless something dramatic happens. It's possible, look at Kawahi.

Josh Hart: 40% FG%, yikes. Haven't watched a ton of lakers games, but is he extremely athletic and a good defender or something?

This picks: #4 this yr is nice, the rest...eh. Unless the Lakers fall off a cliff, they're a nice piece for sure, but nothing earth shattering.

All in all, this trade reminds me of the Kyrie trade. Better than the Cavs end, but Lakers are getting a generational player for a bunch mediocre parts and draft hope. If I'm the pelicans I wouldn't even want to deal with Ingram or Ball, seems to be doing the lakers a favor. Much like the Cavs did the Celtics a solid but taking IT off of their hands.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 16, 2019 10:38 AM

Kyrie or Kawhi to LA would be huge.  Who is now the team to beat, since GSW are done?  Houston?  Portland?  Denver?  OKC?

Sun, Jun 16, 2019 10:42 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Kyrie or Kawhi to LA would be huge.  Who is now the team to beat, since GSW are done?  Houston?  Portland?  Denver?  OKC?

Interesting question. One that will change over time, I'll admit all season and even in the playoffs I never thought the Raps were for real.

Sun, Jun 16, 2019 11:19 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Probably the team that added Anthony Davis. And has the room to add another big name. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Jun 16, 2019 12:05 PM

There is no way that AD is worth 6 players.....especially 3 first round picks including a top 5 pick

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 16, 2019 1:20 PM
posted by Spock

There is no way that AD is worth 6 players.....especially 3 first round picks including a top 5 pick

He’s 26 years old, could be the best player in the league next season, and wants to be on your team for a few years at least. 

Mon, Jun 17, 2019 9:41 AM
posted by Spock

Disagree.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Jun 17, 2019 9:48 AM

Lakers give up 3 average players and picks that most likely won't amount to anything as the Lakers will be good (there's a huge drop off from 3 to 4 this year). Lakers get AD.

Yeah.. I do that everyday of the week. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 17, 2019 10:21 AM

I think the 4th pick this year could be better than any of the players Lakers gave up. So, yeah, not to high on Ingram but do really like Ball. Think he can still be special, but hasn’t shown enough to hold up antrade for AD

Mon, Jun 17, 2019 11:04 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Lakers give up 3 average players and picks that most likely won't amount to anything as the Lakers will be good (there's a huge drop off from 3 to 4 this year). Lakers get AD.

Yeah.. I do that everyday of the week. 

Not to mention spent 3 top 2 picks on:

• Russell
  • Ingram
  • Ball

And have made the playoffs exactly zero times in that span.

Tue, Jun 18, 2019 9:22 PM

With Kyrie almost assured to go a NY team, Klay staying in GSW, and potential break up of Harden/CP3 will be interesting to see where other FAs end up.

• D'Angelo Russell
  • CP3
  • Leonard
  • Kemba (probably stay in Charlotte)
  • Jimmy Butts
  • Tobias Harris
  • Cousins
  • Randle
  • Al Horford

Lot of great FAs on the market, I think we're in for a shake up and an interesting draft.

Wed, Jun 19, 2019 4:47 PM

Memphis trades Conley to the Jazz for Grayson Allen, Korver, Crowder, and the 23rd pick. That’s a heck of a haul, but the Jazz are going to be really good with Conley. 

Wed, Jun 19, 2019 6:03 PM
posted by wildcats20

Memphis trades Conley to the Jazz for Grayson Allen, Korver, Crowder, and the 23rd pick. That’s a heck of a haul, but the Jazz are going to be really good with Conley. 

I don't know a ton about Grayson Allen, but he was the 21st pick and played less than 10 min a game. Korver and Crowder are avg players and 23rd pick in a "bad" draft doesn't seem like a ton to me. Given Conley's contract I think it's fair and good deal for both sides.

Wed, Jun 19, 2019 6:33 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

I don't know a ton about Grayson Allen, but he was the 21st pick and played less than 10 min a game. Korver and Crowder are avg players and 23rd pick in a "bad" draft doesn't seem like a ton to me. Given Conley's contract I think it's fair and good deal for both sides.

I chose my words poorly, I meant giving up basically nothing for Conley. 

Wed, Jun 19, 2019 6:38 PM
posted by wildcats20

I chose my words poorly, I meant giving up basically nothing for Conley. 

Hopefully Mitchell continues to ascend. Conley and Gobert will probably be the best 1/5 starting 5 defenisvely in the association.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 11:13 PM

Bilas and Billups both agreed Cavs had the best first round of the draft.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login