Covid-19 discussion, continued...

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 11, 2022 6:40 PM
posted by iclfan2

Don’t give your kids an experimental drug for a disease they have almost no chance of dying from…

Good for them pulling it and not rushing it. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 11, 2022 6:54 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Huh ok. The enemy and a monster huh? Sounds pretty absolute in your mind. I'm not in a position to call someone I disagree with a monster or the enemy, but you do you. 

I'm ok with private businesses mandating the vaccine, and the courts are ruling about how far the  government can go. 

I don't have kids, but do realize mask in schools are not effective. 

It isn’t a “disagreement”, it was based in nothing, and proven wrong multiple times since, just like lockdowns. They don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt, they deserve lawsuits for ruining small businesses.  And I’m talking about government interventions, not private companies. In two weeks the left is going to pretend they’re the ones who led us out of this bullshit, while pretending they weren’t the ones who put us there. 

And it is only the left still pushing school masking or that parents shouldn’t have any transparency into what is being taught. It’s an obvious losing position yet here we are. 
Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Fri, Feb 11, 2022 8:01 PM
posted by iclfan2

Don’t give your kids an experimental drug for a disease they have almost no chance of dying from…

agreed

Fletch Member
Fri, Feb 11, 2022 8:02 PM

Good for them pulling it and not rushing it. 

They know what is coming.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 11, 2022 10:32 PM

Agreed. I haven't followed the story closely, but I'd be pissed if I was a business and it is impacting my bottom line. 

Two fucking morons jerking each other off. I'm shocked. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 12, 2022 12:18 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

but I can find another job somewhere that does not have that requirement. 

In this case, that sounds a lot like a "move to another country" argument...
Sat, Feb 12, 2022 2:00 PM
posted by iclfan2

It isn’t a “disagreement”, it was based in nothing, and proven wrong multiple times since, just like lockdowns. They don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt, they deserve lawsuits for ruining small businesses.  And I’m talking about government interventions, not private companies. In two weeks the left is going to pretend they’re the ones who led us out of this bullshit, while pretending they weren’t the ones who put us there. 

And it is only the left still pushing school masking or that parents shouldn’t have any transparency into what is being taught. It’s an obvious losing position yet here we are. 

That it's my way or the highway mentality does not help one bit. 

You don't think there is any merit whatsoever in any position taken by anyone on the left? Everything they ever say is wrong? 

Therefore there is nothing you would ever compromise on as in you are 100% right all the time? 

I think your view is a look at why we are the way we are. 

Sat, Feb 12, 2022 2:02 PM
posted by gut
In this case, that sounds a lot like a "move to another country" argument...

No. The way the labor market is, one can easily go find another job. 

It is the free market is it not? 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Feb 12, 2022 2:06 PM
posted by superman

Two fucking morons jerking each other off. I'm shocked. 

Thank you for another thoughtful insight.  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 12, 2022 3:23 PM

No. The way the labor market is, one can easily go find another job. 

It is the free market is it not? 

Ahhhh, "learn to code" then?

Sat, Feb 12, 2022 4:27 PM
posted by gut

Ahhhh, "learn to code" then?

Or just go to a different company in the same field?....lots of people are hiring. 

Sat, Feb 12, 2022 6:21 PM

That it's my way or the highway mentality does not help one bit. 

You don't think there is any merit whatsoever in any position taken by anyone on the left? Everything they ever say is wrong? 

Therefore there is nothing you would ever compromise on as in you are 100% right all the time? 

I think your view is a look at why we are the way we are. 

I have no wish to compromise with people who want to lockdown their citizens and/ or mask our children. The number of things the left has done correct during Covid are slim to none. They would no doubt act like Australia if they could. So yea, I’m cool with the way we are and realize there is never going to be a middle ground. 
Sat, Feb 12, 2022 7:25 PM
posted by iclfan2
I have no wish to compromise with people who want to lockdown their citizens and/ or mask our children. The number of things the left has done correct during Covid are slim to none. They would no doubt act like Australia if they could. So yea, I’m cool with the way we are and realize there is never going to be a middle ground. 

So what makes you so sure your view is 100% correct then if you are not willing to compromise one inch? There is nothing you could ever agree with them on then? 

You just blindly follow your point of view all the time without thought or compromise? How sad and narrow. 

Sat, Feb 12, 2022 8:35 PM

So what makes you so sure your view is 100% correct then if you are not willing to compromise one inch? There is nothing you could ever agree with them on then? 

You just blindly follow your point of view all the time without thought or compromise? How sad and narrow. 

It’s weird you haven’t actually defended any of the policies. I’m not sure my views are correct, all I know is after 2 years the left’s views were completely incorrect. There’s a reason Biden’s approval is even worse than Trump’s. Any actual argument? And any reason to compromise? It ain’t gonna happen. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 12, 2022 9:09 PM

What has actually happened the last 2 years has proven his view to be 100% correct. We have 2 years of evidence to back him up.

So it’s a sound thought out belief based on science and the last 2 years of empirical data.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Feb 13, 2022 4:17 AM

He's probably looking at over 2 years of failed covid restriction policies at the expense of everyone's livelihoods. You can start there. 
Fletch Member
Sun, Feb 13, 2022 8:04 AM

There is no reason to give into the failure anymore when the lies are larger then the actions.  There is no end game here.  Vax or be fired and mask our children .  

That is not solid health policy going forward.  

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 13, 2022 10:25 AM

My daughter’s elementary school won’t require masks starting the 21st. I imagine other schools will follow something similar. So hopefully everyone will manage to survive a couple more weeks.

Fletch Member
Sun, Feb 13, 2022 3:51 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

My daughter’s elementary school won’t require masks starting the 21st. I imagine other schools will follow something similar. So hopefully everyone will manage to survive a couple more weeks.

I suppose you will be shocked that it will make no difference in the amount of cases reported to or by the school.  

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 163 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 13, 2022 4:54 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

We dropped ours about 10 days ago.  My son’s school will be going maskless Monday (optional) for first time in a couple years. Be the first time 1st graders have ever been to school without a mask.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login