Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 7, 2022 7:12 PM
posted by gut

Let's take a walk down memory lane...

[quote]posted by Ironman92

Predict what day will have the most new cases and then predict the largest number of cases Ohio will have.

i’ll take May 7th and 5182 cases[/quote]

I can't seem to find where my prediction is.  I think it was a lot worse than yours.

2 weeks to flatten the curve 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Feb 7, 2022 7:20 PM
posted by gut

That's messed up.  But also, shame on the father.  Unless he has Guillain-Barre syndrome or some other medical reason he can't be vaccinated.  Otherwise, if he's that stubborn and ignorant to the point of losing custody, maybe the kids are better off.  I mean, how many articles saying the complete opposite did he ignore while he was trying to gather evidence to support his view?

Your kidding right?  "Shame on the father"????

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 7, 2022 7:24 PM
posted by Fletch

Not kidding.  He lost his kids because he's a fucking idiot.  Parent of the year, right there.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 7, 2022 7:33 PM
posted by gut

Not kidding.  He lost his kids because he's a fucking idiot.  Parent of the year, right there.

You don't understand that being on the right side of the issue politically is more important than anything practical?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Feb 7, 2022 7:55 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

You don't understand that being on the right side of the issue politically is more important than anything practical?

I saw a video of a bunch of drunken truck drivers - part of the Freedom Caravan - slamming beers around a grill one night.  I thought to myself, “Now there are some true heroes.  God bless them all.”

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Feb 7, 2022 8:01 PM
posted by Fletch

Like the father who needed a heart transplant but won’t get one because the hospital requires him to be vaxxed.  For Christ Sake he’s got another kid on the way.  He’ll trust medicine to cut him open, replace his heart, sew him up, give him all kinds of drugs to heal (the ingredients of any one he likely cannot comprehend), but he won’t take a vaccine to improve his compromised immune system from fighting off a virus because he “doesn’t trust it” and “has principles”.  

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 7, 2022 10:07 PM
posted by gut

That's messed up.  But also, shame on the father.  Unless he has Guillain-Barre syndrome or some other medical reason he can't be vaccinated.  Otherwise, if he's that stubborn and ignorant to the point of losing custody, maybe the kids are better off.  I mean, how many articles saying the complete opposite did he ignore while he was trying to gather evidence to support his view?

I don’t care what his reasoning is. There is no explaining or defending taking his kids away over a respiratory virus vaccine.

Fletch Member
Mon, Feb 7, 2022 10:11 PM

Survival rate of 99.98% for young kids .  When does some judge get to decide that a vaccine is needed ?

Fletch Member
Mon, Feb 7, 2022 10:15 PM

Survival rate of 99.98% for young kids .  When does some judge get to decide that a vaccine is needed ?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 8, 2022 11:47 AM

To be fair, one of his kids has a medical condition and is compromised.  I believe he shares custody with the ex-wife.  He presented his side of the case with his points, but the judge ruled against him.  I think it is a conditional ruling, not permanent, so it may change down the road.  The big issue would be, where is the line drawn, overall, going forward?  What if the guy smoked cigarettes, can a judge (someday) deny him access to his children?  and on and on and on ...............

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Feb 8, 2022 11:50 AM

Without a doubt, the tide has turned against all the bullshit mandates, lockdowns, and masks etc....... 

Reasonable people, when presented with all the facts will, over time, come to the right conclusions.  So despite the tyrannical edicts from government bureaucrats which have now proven to be ill-advised, it appears we are over the hump with respect to government attempts to, forever, wrest away the rights of The People. 

Bravo to the Canadian truckers doing their part up north as well.  Gotta love it.

Fletch Member
Tue, Feb 8, 2022 12:01 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Without a doubt, the tide has turned against all the bullshit mandates, lockdowns, and masks etc....... 

Reasonable people, when presented with all the facts will, over time, come to the right conclusions.  So despite the tyrannical edicts from government bureaucrats which have now proven to be ill-advised, it appears we are over the hump with respect to government attempts to, forever, wrest away the rights of The People. 

Bravo to the Canadian truckers doing their part up north as well.  Gotta love it.

Or its election season and people that have power want to keep it.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Feb 8, 2022 12:26 PM

Without a doubt they are reading the tea leaves

Fletch Member
QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Feb 10, 2022 9:58 AM

dad why called boosters boost profits pharma

Fletch Member
Thu, Feb 10, 2022 11:25 AM

Amazing how science changes as the wind blows.  My guess is that right before the November election, Biden is going to be walked out and he will declare that Covid is over.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Feb 10, 2022 12:03 PM
posted by Fletch

Amazing how science changes as the wind blows.  My guess is that right before the November election, Biden is going to be walked out and he will declare that Covid is over.

i mean... you guess wrong about everything else... so why not. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 10, 2022 12:08 PM
posted by kizer permanente

i mean... you guess wrong about everything else... so why not. 

It's the hospital metrics that have kept us from moving forward, and the irony is it's mostly the unvaccinated that are filling the hospitals and dying.

Yes, the vaccines are 100% ineffective if you never get them.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Feb 10, 2022 12:16 PM
posted by gut

It's the hospital metrics that have kept us from moving forward, and the irony is it's mostly the unvaccinated that are filling the hospitals and dying.

Yes, the vaccines are 100% ineffective if you never get them.

No. fletch told us its the vaccinated getting sick and spreading it and filling up the hospitals. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Feb 10, 2022 12:18 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I thought you were against people blocking highways for protests?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login