Covid-19 discussion, continued...

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 7:24 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Where are 5 year olds working for private employers?  

Not that I’m trying to get caught up in anymore arguments on this thread, but the link iclfan posted yesterday said something about restaurants and other indoor places starting to vax screen 5-11 year olds.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 7:26 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Not that I’m trying to get caught up in anymore arguments on this thread, but the link iclfan posted yesterday said something about restaurants and other indoor places starting to vax screen 5-11 year olds.

My post was responding to the NYC requirement of all small businesses to require their employees to be vaccinated.  

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 7:38 AM

My post was responding to the NYC requirement of all small businesses to require their employees to be vaccinated.  

Understood. Carry on.
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 8:57 AM
posted by friendfromlowry
Understood. Carry on.

I’ll say this too: NYC is not representative of life in much of the US.  New York and other similar places have long had rules that would not be tolerated elsewhere.  But that’s how NY wants it.  I wouldn’t live there, but if that’s your flavor, more power to you.  

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 9:31 AM

I’ll say this too: NYC is not representative of life in much of the US.  New York and other similar places have long had rules that would not be tolerated elsewhere.  But that’s how NY wants it.  I wouldn’t live there, but if that’s your flavor, more power to you.  

NYC should have different rules. there are 27000 people per sq mile in that city. Ohio for comparison has 93 people per sq mile. It stands to reason the control measures for a viral pandemic would be different in NYC from the measures in Ohio.

Also, i'm with you. the control measure i would employ if i was living in NYC would be to fucking leave. but i understand not everyone has that option.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 9:41 AM

Absolutely.  Sacrifice your health and doing right by your fellow man for the opportunity to give a big “FUCK YOU” to the imaginary MAN.  Great advice.

You've completely missed the point. 

Be better.

Tue, Dec 7, 2021 9:46 AM
posted by QuakerOats

You've completely missed the point. 

Be better.

Enlighten me then.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 12:08 PM
posted by Automatik

Lots of whining about places people won’t ever visit or live.  Austria, Australia, NYC, Cali, etc.

You’re not stepping foot there. Get a hobby. 

You know, looking online, it's easy to find stuff about our 24-hour constant news cycle and how people who really consume it can tend to be more stressed, scared, etc. because they dive into it and let it consume them. This place has gotten to be Exhibit A for that over the last year-plus. People just absorbed with finding random articles, comments, blogs, tweets by random sources they don't agree with and acting like each and every one is THE straw that broke the camel's back and there's no coming back from it now.

I mean, sure, initially some of the stuff was interesting and weird and, sure, this site would probably be a total ghost town if not for the constant bitching about whatever's going on in the news cycle, but at some point, you'd think people would possess enough self-awareness to figure out that they're the reason they've gotten more miserable because they're addicted to eating up everything they can find online that tells them how scary everything is.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 12:13 PM

But have you heard about the 'Rona restrictions in Saudi Arabia or Hungary!?!?!? THE NERVE. RESIST!

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 12:24 PM

If everyone would just shut that constant cycle of info,  it would likely disappear as just another infection.  Medical professionals would actually start to use all the therapies in the tool bag to trea t patients,  deaths would literally stop happening.

Between vaccines and natural immunity,  85% of this country is protected from dying from it.  Wasn’t that the plan anyway?

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 12:29 PM

It's the never ending quest to find and post the next link that proves that "I am right and you are wrong".

Tue, Dec 7, 2021 7:36 PM
posted by j_crazy

NYC should have different rules. there are 27000 people per sq mile in that city. Ohio for comparison has 93 people per sq mile. It stands to reason the control measures for a viral pandemic would be different in NYC from the measures in Ohio.

Also, i'm with you. the control measure i would employ if i was living in NYC would be to fucking leave. but i understand not everyone has that option.

Exactly the point about NYC.  I spent a week there in November.  Had to show vax card to get into restaurants, but no other ill effects.  The place seemed to me to be the same as it always is.  It’s so densely populated, I get why they are hyper about Covid.  

Great place to visit, but I’d never live there. V

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 7:40 PM

I know I am very late to this discussion, but I believe all we need to do is shut it down for two weeks and flatten the curve.  After that, we will be good.

J

Tue, Dec 7, 2021 8:05 PM

Haha…flatten the curve - the good ole days. Before Trump and Biden gave Dr Fauci carte Blanche to dictate. 

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 8, 2021 8:00 AM

Haha…flatten the curve - the good ole days. Before Trump and Biden gave Dr Fauci carte Blanche to dictate. 

they had to give the walking talking meatball carte blanche. as i've been lead to believe, "if you denigrate fauci, you deny science." - CNN, MSNBC, Harvard, McKinsey, Pelosi, Schumer, Newsome, Cuomo (pre-rape), other Cuomo (also pre-rape :YIKES:), etc.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 8, 2021 11:28 AM

Well, it didn't seem likely that the POTUS could have a national mandate (which we should have known - most of the stuff the left wanted Trump to do with Covid was illegal).

It will be interesting to see what happens with Governor mandates.  I think it may be a similar story beyond goverment offices.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, Dec 8, 2021 11:45 AM

Oregon just put on an permanent indoor mask mandate.  Sounds very scientific.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 8, 2021 11:49 AM

Mandates of any kind are pretty damn unpopular,  Even "safe" districts can only afford to lose 6-8% of their voters.  And the thing is, voting woke is only cool when it doesn't affect you personally.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Dec 8, 2021 4:18 PM
posted by Automatik

But have you heard about the 'Rona restrictions in Saudi Arabia or Hungary!?!?!? THE NERVE. RESIST!

The left: Lol you fucking hick, you probably never even stepped foot outside of your state. 

Also the left: The US should adopt Sweden/Denkmark/Finland/Germany/insert Western European country’s policy on (insert cherry picked policy)!!!

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 8, 2021 9:57 PM

I have got the flu shot twice in my life. Both times now I have got the flu. I got Influenza A after Thanksgiving. It was a extremely runny nose for a couple days (like water coming out of a sink) then a cough I can’t shake. Tested negative for the rona though so there’s that.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login