Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 16, 2021 11:45 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

There possibly is a "doctor" spouse as that title can apply to a lot of things beyond competent MD from a good medical school. 

I would have said "well, your wife must suck at her job otherwise you'd be wearing an N95 mask instead of that surgical mask that's proven only 10% effective"

gut Senior Member
Thu, Sep 16, 2021 11:49 AM

So Vietnam - which apparently had been praised for its handling of the pandemic - is getting ravaged by Delta despite severe lockdowns and restrictions.

Also, can we maybe take a moment to observe another massive fail of "globalism", given that 2/3 of the world has virtually no access to vaccines STILL?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Sep 16, 2021 12:35 PM
posted by gut

So Vietnam - which apparently had been praised for its handling of the pandemic - is getting ravaged by Delta despite severe lockdowns and restrictions.

Also, can we maybe take a moment to observe another massive fail of "globalism", given that 2/3 of the world has virtually no access to vaccines STILL?

Tax the rich!

Build that wall!

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 16, 2021 1:18 PM
posted by Fletch

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/16/us/florida-vaccine-advocate-family-member-deaths/index.html

Terrible at Advocacy

I don’t believe that story for a second. It probably has the same fact checkers as the horse dewormer ODs in Oklahoma 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 16, 2021 2:13 PM
posted by sportchampps

I don’t believe that story for a second. It probably has the same fact checkers as the horse dewormer ODs in Oklahoma 

What don’t you believe? It’s not uncommon for it to spread like wildfire at family gatherings and make a bunch of them sick. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, Sep 16, 2021 3:13 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

What don’t you believe? It’s not uncommon for it to spread like wildfire at family gatherings and make a bunch of them sick. 

Jesus he is commenting on the “a vaccine advocate” as the main headline.  It pushes and fits the narrative they are trying to get out.  You think CNN cares amount the dead people?  They care about their polit

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Sep 16, 2021 3:36 PM
posted by Fletch

Jesus he is commenting on the “a vaccine advocate” as the main headline.  It pushes and fits the narrative they are trying to get out.  You think CNN cares amount the dead people?  They care about their polit

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel Spock/Fletch is probably correct.   CNN is as politicized as it gets.  Of course they "found" a story like this where a good-hearted vaccine "advocate" loses 6 members of her family to COVID because they weren't vaccinated.  I'll put it up there with the Rolling Stone/Rachael Maddow "Hospitals too full of dewormer ODs to take in gunshot victims".

Thu, Sep 16, 2021 3:50 PM

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel Spock/Fletch is probably correct.   CNN is as politicized as it gets.  Of course they "found" a story like this where a good-hearted vaccine "advocate" loses 6 members of her family to COVID because they weren't vaccinated.  I'll put it up there with the Rolling Stone/Rachael Maddow "Hospitals too full of dewormer ODs to take in gunshot victims".

I wouldn’t let “CNN being politicized as it gets” stand in the way that what they’re reporting (this time) actually is happening, hence me asking sportschampps what he didn’t believe. 

Thu, Sep 16, 2021 3:53 PM
posted by Fletch

The narrative of get vaccinated and don’t die? How awful of them. Everyone should be like you and brag about their natural antibodies and use words like ‘polit’ 

Thu, Sep 16, 2021 6:57 PM

Exactly how I feel. There’s not one verifiable fact in that story. The lady heavily believes everyone should be  vaxxed. Is it that hard to believe she would make up a story bc it justified the means to her.

Thu, Sep 16, 2021 7:50 PM

Weren’t you the one saying how empty the Texas hospitals were when your wife had to go? I guess you’d know plenty about making up stories to fit your narrative. 

Thu, Sep 16, 2021 10:36 PM

Weren’t you the one saying how empty the Texas hospitals were when your wife had to go? I guess you’d know plenty about making up stories to fit your narrative. 

The hospitals were empty. The ones near us still are but we live in an area where there are 3 hospitals and countless ERs within 15 minutes. My wife was able to get surgery the same day from her first urologist visit. We live in North Dallas in the Allen/McKinney/Frisco area. 

Thu, Sep 16, 2021 10:39 PM

The hospitals were empty. The ones near us still are but we live in an area where there are 3 hospitals and countless ERs within 15 minutes. My wife was able to get surgery the same day from her first urologist visit. We live in North Dallas in the Allen/McKinney/Frisco area. 

I’m also not a reporter publishing a story. I’m guessing they had a lot of complaints or skepticism because the original article has changed and now includes her Uncle and Grandmothers name who died.

Thu, Sep 16, 2021 11:23 PM
posted by sportchampps

Is there a link to support this or anything objective? Also, what's the relevance with your wife having surgery the same day as her visit? Wasn't it kidney stones? You can't really delay that surgery. 

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 17, 2021 12:39 PM

Countless ERs?  Exactly how high are you able to count?

Fri, Sep 17, 2021 4:15 PM

Is there a link to support this or anything objective? Also, what's the relevance with your wife having surgery the same day as her visit? Wasn't it kidney stones? You can't really delay that surgery. 

1) A message board is not a journalistic publication 

2) Kidney Stone surgery is almost never the same day usually 1-3 weeks and they send you home with pain killers

Fri, Sep 17, 2021 4:21 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Countless ERs?  Exactly how high are you able to count?

Freestanding ERs and Urgent cares are crazy here. There are at least 20 within 30 mins of my house not including actual hospitals. There are at least 5 hospitals/medical centers within 5 miles of my house all with ERs. 

Columbus was just starting to get in on the free standing ERs when we moved I know Reynoldsburg had 2 built within the last year one which was Ohio Health and the other Mount Carmel.

Where we live everything has been built in the last 10-15 years. Our neighborhood for example is considered resort style living which includes restaurants, pools, fitness centers, a brewery, and a medical center all built within it. The North Dallas area is filled with money. Frisco McKinney and Allen are all ridiculous with what they have to offer.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Sep 17, 2021 4:21 PM

FDA votes 16-2 against Pfizer booster.

fUhLLaW da SzIEnSe!!!

Fri, Sep 17, 2021 4:29 PM
posted by gut

FDA votes 16-2 against Pfizer booster.

fUhLLaW da SzIEnSe!!!

Was there any reasons listed as to why? I didn’t get to see any of this.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login